Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jewdo

WANTED: Translators for BBCS2 Mook

KayEff: well, p.7 and 8 were faster than i thought, since they're mostly just tables and stuff that i've already translated before from GG mooks, so i'm already done. i appreciate the offer to help, though!

first post updated. previews available.

my remaining tasks:

- add tooltips to table headers

- find a better way to format notes (break into bullet list?)

- get all pages edited for consistency

- add system guide after editing

- for each character's frame data page, add link to character movement tables in system gude?

- add in revolver action tables. they are in teh mook, just not in teh sections available online.

Awesome; A couple of editorial points: Looked at the Valkenhayn data, I assume * means "refer to notes" even in places where it doesn't explicitly say that? (P2 value for 6B, 6C) Also, why are the frame advantage values for those items in quotes? (It'd be nice to have this stuff in a footnote or something... or is this going to be in the tooltips?). Some people's frame advantage has a "�" in it too?

I like the sound of bullet points for the notes; Maybe make them collapsable/expandable?

This is just a suggestion but I think it would be great if you could include the old CS1 frame data alongside the new one for those who want to compare or maybe you could make a little note what changes have been made from CS1 to CS2.

Busy weekend; will have Tsubaki and Noel done before the end of the week. Thanks to everybody for their help!

shtkn, you can probably remove the quotations from the frame advantages. As long as what you're using isn't Excel to input the numbers into the tables, there shouldn't be any problem with it.

As for the � sign, it was supposed to be a plus or minus sign (±) but I'm figuring again that Excel just loves to fuck up. You should probably change it so that it doesn't confuse people or whatever.

As for consistency, I notice that Ragna's frame data notes don't follow the format for my latest frame data translations (in terms of wording). I could probably send you another file if that's not too much of a hassle.

the preview pages are all pretty rough; they're unedited, and just showing what i'm working on and what the general format is like.

i've removed most of hte quotes from my local copies of the data, but i've left it in for some things like Its not over yet, gadget finger, and belial edge just to show those numbers are from TKs or on hit or something different from teh standard "block on the first frame".

as for creating pages that show the difference between CS1 and CS2. I think that would dirty up the frame pages and make them more complex than they already are. If you want comparisons, ask your mod to create a thread for it or do it yourself. I know some characters already have this like Ragna.

KayEff, the wording looks different because bohemian polka took a swing at editing ragna's data. I think we may change the formatting so that it reads better in a list rather than in sentences like how she edited them so far.

I am swamped with school atm..

and still need help from my Japanese friends to confirm if my translation is correct or not. and also need help on some difficult parts...

if you any of you guys can do this before this weekends, you could go ahead and do it I guess. There's not much change anyway from CS1, but I guess CS1 was done by render who stop doing this lol

I really like the formatting changes, excellent work guys.

Nice! It looks more professional, not that the format for the CS1 Frame Data was professional already, and more organized. :yaaay:

oooh. I like the new formatting. Now I can just sit here and champ at the bit waiting for the Tsubaki data. >.<

If both Ronove and/or Jewdo don't post by the end of Thursday, I'm taking over their jobs, if that would be alright with everyone. Next week I'm gonna be busy so if I'm going to do any translations now would be a good time.

Sorry for the lack of updates but I was away during the weekend, I am going to finish Tao's frame data by today, if I can't do Makoto by tomorrow then feel free to take over.

[edit] Taokaka's frame data done.

Since I'm going to be quite busy during the rest of this week KayEff can take care of Makoto's frame data in my place.

Really like the new format, easy to read. Once Jewdo submits his stuff can we expect the final product pretty soon? This would really help me pass the time till CS2 finally drops. Thanks for everything guys.

Maybe. I don't know how long shtkn takes to work on the tables, but I'm guessing all the information's in the tables already; right now it's a matter of formatting the tables to look neat like Valk's. How long that will take I'm not so sure.

i've been spending my time finding a decent format for everything, so most of the tables are in a rough form like in the examples in teh first post. it's mostly a matter of gruntwork to transform teh tables i have into the prettier format now, so you can expect them whenever i get enough free time to do it.

Just to remind those that are involved in the translation project, if Jewdo does not post by the time I access my computer tomorrow, I will send my translations of both the Noel and Tsubaki frame data to shtkn. This will mean that Jewdo will receive no credit for doing the frame data translations (unless someone objects to this).

If any of you, and I mean ANY OF YOU have any objections, please post or forever hold your peace.

EDIT: Frame datas sent. However this does not mean that the frame data will be available right away; shtkn has the choice of taking it or waiting for Jewdo's rendition of his, either of which is fine by me.