Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viewtifulzfo

How do you Super Jump Cancel consistently in combos?

I'm finding this to be the big hurdle to being able to perform most combos. What is the best way to:

1. Getting better at doing it in combos

and

2. Joystick positions to do it faster, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated!

If you're jump cancelling off something that starts at 1/2/3, you have to revert back to 5 before doing the 1/2/3 for the super jump. Dunno if that's something you're having issues with or not.

A lot of Haku's combos go 2c -> sj.2a for example.

just alway super jump. even in your air dashes.

there are plenty of combos that you'll drop if you don't super jump cancel, but there are very few that you'll drop if you use a super jump instead of a normal jump.

in a real game like guilty gear, you have to jump install if you want to double jump out of a super jump, in blazblue however you can just super jump and then double jump without any effort, so there is very little reason if any that you shouldn't constantly be super jumping.

Lol, there are plenty of combos that don't carry off sjc.

To the TC, you can sjc with any down input into an up input. On pad, lots of players like 19 instead of 29 for sjc in combos.

Lol, there are plenty of combos that don't carry off sjc.

To the TC, you can sjc with any down input into an up input. On pad, lots of players like 19 instead of 29 for sjc in combos.

speed up your inputs.

And easy way that helped me get sJC out was to just to 2369 or 2147 instead of 29 or 27. Try that out in training mode and see if it feels any easier. Once you get this down, it starts to come really naturally.

You would input those directions really fast after the move that needs to be jump cancelled (kinda buffer it), and don't press the button for the next attack until after you put in those directional inputs.

Example (Using Ragna, since he's my main):

5B > 3C > 5D > DC > 6A > 2369 (that's the jump cancel) > j.C > j.D > 9 (a normal jump cancel) > j.C > j.214C (Belial's Edge)

If you are on stick then you can actually flick the inputs.

Make sure you get the click when you do it.

Sometimes its good to hold down 2 before you hit up.

This way you buffer it before you actually jump.

This is how I do it.

Just a little heads up:

If you do something like 2C>SJC>XX, it won't work unless you stop holding 2. You have to let go of 2 and then do the superjump input quickly. I learned that while doing Haku's combos.

And easy way that helped me get sJC out was to just to 2369 or 2147 instead of 29 or 27. Try that out in training mode and see if it feels any easier. Once you get this down, it starts to come really naturally.

You would input those directions really fast after the move that needs to be jump cancelled (kinda buffer it), and don't press the button for the next attack until after you put in those directional inputs.

5B > 3C > 5D > DC > 6A > 2369 (that's the jump cancel) > j.C > j.D > 9 (a normal jump cancel) > j.C > j.214C (Belial's Edge)

That's actually pretty bad advice, considering if the character playd has an air special that use j236 or j214 motions, it's just going to give the player TK air specials..

I'll say that's bad idea, it may work on some character, but if u play some other ... i'll say Tsubaki, u'll get tk236c

I do 19 or 29 real fast. Theres no real trick other than that. Just practice, it was hard for me too at first but I got used to it with some practicing. The 2369 and 2147 thing is a REALLY bad suggestion, as excelence said, since theres quite a few characters who have air specials that use j.214x and j.236x. You'll just get TK'd versions of those moves.

For Tsubaki's sjc combos that're 6CC>j.C, use advance input for the j.C.

Generally, that's the part that catches people, and using advance input makes it 298910X easier.

What do you mean by "advance input"?

With Tsubaki's 6CC -> sj combos I input 19 as soon as I see the first hit from the second part of 6CC but it doesn't always come out (sometimes I get a normal jump or the opponent techs out before j.C hits). Am I doing it too slow?

What do you mean by "advance input"?

With Tsubaki's 6CC -> sj combos I input 19 as soon as I see the first hit from the second part of 6CC but it doesn't always come out (sometimes I get a normal jump or the opponent techs out before j.C hits). Am I doing it too slow?

Hold the button down and the game will essentially input that button once every frame for up to five frames. Meaning if you do a command within 5 frames of you actually being able to do so, it will come out on the first possible frame. Common uses include using it to input a reversal whilst you're teching (and invulnerable) so that the reversal comes out on the first possible frame, essentially meaning you were never vulnerable during this time.

Oh, ok I know about that. But with sj, you have a 2 input move (1-9 or 1-8). Are you suggesting to input, say, 1-9 and hold 9 until the sj comes out?

Advance input only applies to button presses. But in this case I think what you said still works, if you hold up the game will make you jump whenever it can. With superjumps it probably depends on how much lenience the game has with how close the down needs to be to the up when you input one..

SearMe - here's the deal, coming from someone who has recently gotten over this issue himself (With help from DuskThanatos, but folks aren't giving you the full explanation here.)

First, if you're not getting the super jump on the 6CC>Stuff with Tsubaki, you may be inputting the superjump too EARLY. Try waiting another moment or so before trying to superjump. This has worked well for me.

The usual NEXT problem that everyone has in that combo is getting the j.C to connect after the superjump before the opponent techs out. THIS is where the advanced input comes in - as soon as you complete the superjump motion, hold down C. This will advance input your jump C so that it won't miss.

Thanks, never thought about using it for j.C.

I tried the advance input in another combo instead, the throw -> 214B -> 5B -> air combo, and it works... kinda. If I press 5B too early (as soon as 214B hits), it still doesn't come out. I have to wait for an instant and then press it. Does advance input still works if I keep the button pressed for more than 5 frames?

edit: forgot about this bit:

Meaning if you do a command within 5 frames of you actually being able to do so, it will come out on the first possible frame.

If I get this right, it means that to make it work you still have to press the button in a 5 frame window before the right moment. If I start pressing the button, say, 8 frames earlier, it won't work. Right?