Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viewtifulzfo

How do you Super Jump Cancel consistently in combos?

Thanks, never thought about using it for j.C.

I tried the advance input in another combo instead, the throw -> 214B -> 5B -> air combo, and it works... kinda. If I press 5B too early (as soon as 214B hits), it still doesn't come out. I have to wait for an instant and then press it. Does advance input still works if I keep the button pressed for more than 5 frames?

edit: forgot about this bit:

If I get this right, it means that to make it work you still have to press the button in a 5 frame window before the right moment. If I start pressing the button, say, 8 frames earlier, it won't work. Right?

Yep, you also have to hold the button down during these 5 frames. Not sure about most people, but most of my button taps are shorter than 5 frames as far as I can tell.

Thanks! Usually the moves are too fast to notice that, but in the combo I mentioned the 214B -> 5B is a link and 214B has a pretty long animation, so it's possible to press the button too early even with advance input.

Thanks! Usually the moves are too fast to notice that, but in the combo I mentioned the 214B -> 5B is a link and 214B has a pretty long animation, so it's possible to press the button too early even with advance input.

Well quite, soon though you'll learn the combo not through thinking on these technical levels, but more on a rhythm that works. Fighting game combos share an awful lot of similarity with learning small sections of music.