Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShinBlanka

FINAL ROUND XV March 2-4, 2012 "The 15th Aniversary"

***Dojo Mojo FINAL ROUND 15 NEWS FLASH***

We are happy to announce that MEDIA BRAIN LLC has become an official sponsor of FINAL ROUND 15! They have cutting edge Gaming/Tournament setups that will be on display at FR15. These unique set up's will be used for tournament play in various locations throughout the main ballroom! These Gaming Consoles/Set up's are the NEW AGE of the tournament scene and home entertainment geared towards the gaming aspect. We hope everyone will enjoy playing on them at FR15! FR15 will be POWERED BY Media Brain LLC.

With the new year upon us there is only 60 DAYS until FINAL ROUND 15! Make sure you pre register for badges and games at http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/index.cfm and reserve your room under the Final Round group rate at https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1109065066&key=7A7BA

FINAL ROUND 15 will be here before you know it people! Pre registering online is the only way you will assure yourself proper placement in the brackets away from people you normally play against. If you walk up at the door on friday to register you will be place in the next availible spot. If that spot is against your hommie that you traveled with then oh well.

(players will be placed/seperated in the brackets by area "State/City", and Skill level "Last years placing at FR and other tournaments rankings" when they pre reg online)

The main reason we have the online pre-register option is to get as many people prepaid, so we can make the brackets 2 days prior to the event. With brackets already made this allows us to start the event ON TIME instead of 2-3 hours late! The most reason any tournament starts late is because of the at the door/event registration and making brackets after the majority of people have signed up at the event instead of online. Please help us make FINAL ROUND run as smoothly as possible by pre-registering online. It's also cheaper to pre reg online than pay at the door/event registration, so it's just better for you as the gamer to pre-reg online if you know you are attending FR15!

Make sure you follow/like us on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/FinalRoundAtl

Twitter @ATLfinalround

I know that everyone is hype/looking forward for the newer games, but is anyone hype for/looking forward to Guilty Gear at Final Round 15? It would be nice to see everyone get together and have good games again <3 Hard to believe that FR is a little over 2 months away:O

You bet I am. GG is awesome and I will definitely continue to play it at FR. GET HYPE!!!

I am so psyched for Ivysaur to win this tournament again. GO GEORGIA!!! :D

You're going to be sorely disappointed when Tampa rolls through. #occupyfinalroundtop8 :3

ONCE AGAIN looking foward to FR this year......

..KOF is looking better and better..but gg is awsome

Only the strong survive in Guiltekken Gear..everything else~

ONCE AGAIN looking foward to FR this year......

..KOF is looking better and better..but gg is awsome

Only the strong survive in Guiltekken Gear..everything else~

Thanks for the support!

always Shin...... gotta get them HYPE HYPEHYPE....I remember when dustloop FRX thread was on FIRE!!!!!!! there was trash talking and MM all over the place..........i didnt want to use this so early but seems i have no choice............................."Thread Revival Jutsu" .............. *poof*....... im not done yet...........*Fire Style Auto MM Jutsu*...........^Water Style Liquid Liquor 5 Shot Jagerbomb urrrrrrggggg i feel better now Lets play Jutsu^.....

There is only 53 DAYS until FINAL ROUND 15 and ONLY 42 days until online registration is closed! Make sure you pre register for badges and games at http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/index.cfm and reserve your room under the Final Round group rate at https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1109065066&key=7A7BA

FINAL ROUND 15 will be here before you know it people! Pre registering online is the only way you will assure yourself proper placement in the brackets away from people you normally play against. If you walk up at the door on friday to register you will be place in the next availible spot. If that spot is against your hommie that you traveled with then oh well.

(players will be placed/seperated in the brackets by area "State/City", and Skill level "Last years placing at FR and other tournaments rankings" when they pre reg online)

The main reason we have the online pre-register option is to get as many people prepaid, so we can make the brackets 2 days prior to the event. With brackets already made this allows us to start the event ON TIME instead of 2-3 hours late! The most reason any tournament starts late is because of the at the door/event registration and making brackets after the majority of people have signed up at the event instead of online. Please help us make FINAL ROUND run as smoothly as possible by pre-registering online. It's also cheaper to pre reg online than pay at the door/event registration, so it's just better for you as the gamer to pre-reg online if you know you are attending FR15!

Make sure you follow/like us on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/FinalRoundAtl

Twitter @ATLfinalround

always Shin...... gotta get them HYPE HYPEHYPE....I remember when dustloop FRX thread was on FIRE!!!!!!! there was trash talking and MM all over the place..........i didnt want to use this so early but seems i have no choice............................."Thread Revival Jutsu" .............. *poof*....... im not done yet...........*Fire Style Auto MM Jutsu*...........^Water Style Liquid Liquor 5 Shot Jagerbomb urrrrrrggggg i feel better now Lets play Jutsu^.....
On a related note, I will accept any [non-outrageous] money matches for Blazblue. It will be my first time MM'ing and I totally want in on the fun :D

Shinblanka - do y'all have any idea what the tournament schedule is gonna look like? Specifically, what day the Blazblue tournament and/or finals will take place.

On a related note, I will accept any [non-outrageous] money matches for Blazblue. It will be my first time MM'ing and I totally want in on the fun :D

Muhahahaha. Time to make some money. Now who is...

*Reads username*

Welp, never mind then.

Yes, GG will happen on Friday afternoon... But whether or not GG is in the main line-up, GG at FR has always been promising, hype and diverse with quality players/matches.

Yes, GG will happen on Friday afternoon... But whether or not GG is in the main line-up, GG at FR has always been promising, hype and diverse with quality players/matches.

That is correct! GG is always hype! 49 DAYS UNTIL FINAL ROUND XV and only 38 days to register online and get your hotel room at the FR15 group rate!

Muhahahaha. Time to make some money. Now who is...

*Reads username*

Welp, never mind then.

Don't worry, I play makoto and tsubaki, clearly they are the worst characters in the game and I am free money. You know you want to.

Oh hey, well apparently I have a business trip out to Atlanta that starts on the 5th. I miiiiight be able to fly out a few days early and actually come out for this, which would be really awesome.

I'm still haven't been able to secure the time off for this, but i"m working on it. Kinda like last year, when I can confirm for it, I'll confirm 3 full GG setups and host casuals in the evening. I would love to be able to do more to support Final Round, it's a top tier event when it comes to trying to ensure a great time for all. I hope to join the official hype train soon.

Oh hey, well apparently I have a business trip out to Atlanta that starts on the 5th. I miiiiight be able to fly out a few days early and actually come out for this, which would be really awesome.

awesome news sir!

I'm still haven't been able to secure the time off for this, but i"m working on it. Kinda like last year, when I can confirm for it, I'll confirm 3 full GG setups and host casuals in the evening. I would love to be able to do more to support Final Round, it's a top tier event when it comes to trying to ensure a great time for all. I hope to join the official hype train soon.

Sup Tad and thanks for your support over the years sir!

There's only 41 days until FRXV, only 30 days until online registeration for badges and games ends, and only 25 days until hotel reservations for the Final Round group rate $93 per night (Normally $130 per night) ends. Please register online at:

http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/registration.cfm

and Hotel reservations at:

https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1109065066&key=7A7BA

I can't wait to see everyone here and there's a new FRXV TRAILER COMING OUT SOON! So stay tuned because we have more goodie in store for the 15th Anniversary of FINAL ROUND.

Hey Shin, I've got a quick question. I vaguely remember talking with some people about Final Round last year, and there being mention that button mapping/shortcuts wasn't allowed. I looked over the Rules, and the closest thing I could find was the ban on turbo buttons. To be clear, what I'm talking about is setting things like A+B to L2, or A+B+C to R2. So is what I remember legit, or was it a misunderstanding on the party I talked with?

EDIT: Oh, one more thing. I noticed that one of the rules is "No Wireless Controllers." Does that mean wireless controllers, charging cable or not, are not allowed? Or does that mean no wireless controllers without the charging cable? If it's the former, that needs to be made much clearer, because for us pad players that would mean no first-party controllers.

Hey Shin, I've got a quick question. I vaguely remember talking with some people about Final Round last year, and there being mention that button mapping/shortcuts wasn't allowed. I looked over the Rules, and the closest thing I could find was the ban on turbo buttons. To be clear, what I'm talking about is setting things like A+B to L2, or A+B+C to R2. So is what I remember legit, or was it a misunderstanding on the party I talked with?

EDIT: Oh, one more thing. I noticed that one of the rules is "No Wireless Controllers." Does that mean wireless controllers, charging cable or not, are not allowed? Or does that mean no wireless controllers without the charging cable? If it's the former, that needs to be made much clearer, because for us pad players that would mean no first-party controllers.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but that kind of button mapping is fine. I remember seeing lots of players setting their pad/stick's button combinations however they liked. Hell, quite a few people in Marvel map LMHS to 1 button so they don't get advancing guards before the XF guard cancel.

I have no idea about the wireless controller thing though.

In regards to the first question:

http://www.finalround.org/FRXIV/rules.cfm" data-cite="\"

http://www.finalround.org/FRXIV/rules.cfm

">

General Game Rules:

All matches are Double Elimination, best 2 out of 3 matches

Pool play will be incorporated for any tournament with more than 128 entries

You may request Blind Pick

No turbo buttons allowed for any games

This is a BYOC (bring your own controller/converter or joystick) event

Equipment malfunctions that pause/reset matches may result in game/match losses at the discretion of the tournament director

Button mapping/shouldering/macros not allowed - default available inputs may be rearranged to different positions if necessary

All extra buttons need to be mapped to UNUSED if you aren't using them

Floating will occur at the discretion of the tournament director - no floating will occur past the top 16 of any tournament unless all remaining parties agree

To me this implies that one button barrier/RC/etc. is allowed, because they are already mapped as the default available inputs.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but that kind of button mapping is fine. I remember seeing lots of players setting their pad/stick's button combinations however they liked. Hell, quite a few people in Marvel map LMHS to 1 button so they don't get advancing guards before the XF guard cancel.

I have no idea about the wireless controller thing though.

you are correct. Wireless controllers are banned from tournament play due to the masses of people that fail to unsync them during tournament play. There are atleast 5 times this happens per day when you allow wireless controllers in the tournament that matches have been effected due to lazy people. I may have some wired controllers for rent at frxv