Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShinBlanka

FINAL ROUND XV March 2-4, 2012 "The 15th Aniversary"

Hi, I'm not sure if this was mentioned already and sorry if it was (I skimmed through the thread and checked the site too) but do you guys know the best way to get from ATL airport to the hotel? I google mapped it and it seemed kinda far....I'd like to avoid taking a cab but if necessary, do you know an estimate of how much? X (

Hey man the easiest way to geto the hotel from the airport is to take the local transit system. Our train is called MARTA. It cost $2.50 to ride and there is a station with a train at the airport that will take you to the hotel. Check out the following website for location of stations and where you have to goto.

http://www.itsmarta.com/ns-med-overview.aspx this is for the medical center and it's the closer out of the 2 stations. The shortest to walk from if you can't get a shuttle.

http://www.itsmarta.com/ns-dun-overview.aspx

This is a spot for a major atlanta mall so you might get distracted by the ATL females on the train and going towards the mall.

There are 2 MARTA stations within a mile of the event hotel and you can call the hotel shuttle to pick you up from the train station if you have a room booked under the Final Round group rate. I hope this helps you out sir.

Also I have another annoument to make:

I don't know who is staying at the hotel during FINAL ROUND XV or not but just to let you guys know if you haven't got your rooms at the hotel you better get them quickly because there's ONLY 28% of the rooms left under the FRXV group rate! ($93 per night) Anything after that and I can't promise I can get more rooms released under that rate since this is a new hotel i'm in this year! With only 36 days until the event, 25 days for online registration is closed, and only 22 days to get your rooms at the FR group rate. Here's the link to the onlin reg and the hotel room reservations:

Online registration:

http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/registration.cfm

Hotel reservation:

https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1109065066&key=7A7BA

FRXV will be here before you know it people! I HAVE SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH to reveal in the next few days for this event! Keep your eyes peeled for the newest official promotional trailer for FRXV! Get hyped because The 15th Anniversay is shaping up to be an event not to miss!

you are correct. Wireless controllers are banned from tournament play due to the masses of people that fail to unsync them during tournament play. There are atleast 5 times this happens per day when you allow wireless controllers in the tournament that matches have been effected due to lazy people. I may have some wired controllers for rent at frxv

Aw, hell. It sucks for those of us who are responsible, but I understand the inevitability of stuff like that happening. I'll try to familiarize myself with the wired Afterglow in February. Thanks for the response Shin.

Aw, hell. It sucks for those of us who are responsible, but I understand the inevitability of stuff like that happening. I'll try to familiarize myself with the wired Afterglow in February. Thanks for the response Shin.

NP man.

also---I've had a couple of people notify me that the double bed rooms were sold out for the FRXV group rate. I called the hotel and they just added 10 double rooms to the block. You better grab them fast people because after that only single king size rooms will be availible for the FRXV group rate.

***DOJO MOJO NEWS REPORT***

We are pleased to announce that The EVOLUTION TOURNAMENT SEASON 2012 are donating $10,000 towards the top spots at 4 Major events across the nation Called "THE PIT STOPS"! The following was taken from the front page of SRK:

Final Round just around the corner, the Road to Evo is in full swing. To make things a little more interesting, we’re introducing the Road to Evo Pitstops. At four special tournaments, we’re providing $2500 in cash incentives to the winners of the Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Soul Calibur V tournaments! The four pit stops this year are:

Final Round, Atlanta, GA, March 2-4

NorCal Regionals 10, San Francisco, CA, March 24-26

Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 8, Chicago, IL, May 25-27

CEO 2012, Orlando, FL, June 15-17

As you can see, the first pit stop is Final Round. The Evo-provided bonuses at Final Round are as follows:

$1000 bonus for 1st place in Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012

$1000 bonus for 1st place in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

$500 bonus for 1st place in Soul Calibur V

We’ll have further information about the pit stops as the Road to Evo progresses.

Check out the latest FRXV trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzfzNHzIM3s&context=C349846bADOEgsToPDskIys3-38psE2Oq7ECR8mFsP

Don't miss out on this years event as we have more goodies to announce in the up coming weeks! FINAL ROUND XV is only 33 days away!

I have s special announcement for the people that plan to book their hotel rooms at the event hotel just before they attended FRXV. As of right now we are SOLD OUT of the rooms I had within my group block. I have contacted the hotel to try to get some more rooms released before our purposed deadline of Feb 16, 2012. I will update you on how many rooms are released or IF they are released under the Final Round group rate as soon as I find out. Here's a link to the site with the normal pricing:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1022

and here is the Final Round group rate link:

https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1109065066&key=7A7BA

Obviously using the Final Round group discount will save you $40 per day on a room. If online doesn't work then please call the hotel directly at (770) 395-3900 and make your reservations.

There's only 19 days left for online registration! You don't want to be that person that has to stand in that long line of people that didn't pre pay online. Trust me that line SUCKS! Here's the link to register for FRXV:

http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/registration.cfm

There's only a MONTH UNTIL FINAL ROUND XV! HYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a list of the rooms that are available under the FINAL ROUND XV group rate, but don't wait to get your room reserved because they are going fast!

# of Rooms Available Day

4 (Only 1 King available) Feb 27

4 (Only 1 King available) Feb 28

9 (Only 1 King available) Feb 29

7 (Doubles) Mar 1

24 (Doubles) Mar 2

15 (Doubles) Mar 3

5 (Doubles) Mar 4

6 (Doubles) Mar 5

4 (Doubles) Mar 6

4 (Doubles) Mar 7

(82) Total Rooms are now added/available for the FR group rate. There's only 16 days until the Final Round group rate of $93 per night will end.

I'm going to be attending on this tournament, I'm looking forward to meet the BB community from USA again (even though the last time I barely talked to anyone there lol ).

When is BBCSEX top 8? I checked the page on the FR site to see MBAACC having a top 8 on Sunday but nothing of BBCSEX.

When is BBCSEX top 8? I checked the page on the FR site to see MBAACC having a top 8 on Sunday but nothing of BBCSEX.

All games on friday will be ended on friday. We estimate 400+ in ssf4 and umvc3, and we can't have any game spill over into the next day.

YOU ONLY HAVE 15 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR FINAL ROUND XV!

IF YOU DON'T REGISTER ONLINE, YOU MUST REGISTER AT THE EVENT ON FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 2!

IF YOU DON'T REGISTER ONLINE OR AT THE EVENT ON FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 2, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE!

WE ARE NOT KIDDING!

Copying this over from the other thread:

Hello everyone,

I would first like to apologize for the hotel booking issue's several people have had over the past few weeks. There are more rooms available at the event hotel at the FINAL ROUND XV Group rate of $93 per night even though we have sold out of the original amount of rooms nights available for our group. Do not use the online service anymore as this seems to be the main problem with people booking rooms for FRXV. Please call the following number and reserve your rooms for FRXV:

Deanna Judkins : Sales Manager at The Westin

770-395-3902

Please call between 9am-4pm est Monday--Friday to reserve your room.

If anyone has be told over the phone that the rooms for the Final Round group rate are sold out and was forced to reserve a room at another rate then please notify me and call Mrs. Judkins to get your reservation corrected. Thank you for your support and there's only 10 days until the FRXV group room rate is gone.

Copying this over from the other thread:

Thank you sir

YOU ONLY HAVE 12 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR FINAL ROUND XV!

IF YOU DON'T REGISTER ONLINE, YOU MUST REGISTER AT THE EVENT ON FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 2!

IF YOU DON'T REGISTER ONLINE OR AT THE EVENT ON FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 2, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE!

WE ARE NOT KIDDING!

If you Online register this will help the tournament START ON TIME!!!!!!! We can also get the brackets/pool assignments out quicker if the majority of the players register online. The main 2 things that delay any tournament are:

1: at the door registration

2: team tournament running late.

lets eliminate the big lines at the door for registration please people.

Hello everyone,

I would first like to apologize for the hotel booking issue's several people have had over the past few weeks. There are more rooms available at the event hotel at the FINAL ROUND XV Group rate of $93 per night even though we have sold out of the original amount of rooms nights available for our group. Do not use the online service anymore as this seems to be the main problem with people booking rooms for FRXV. Please call the following number and reserve your rooms for FRXV:

770-395-3902

If anyone has be told over the phone that the rooms for the Final Round group rate are sold out and was forced to reserve a room at another rate then please notify me and call Mrs. Judkins to get your reservation corrected. Thank you for your support and there's only 10 days until the FRXV group room rate is gone.

With FINALROUNDBATS season #2 completed we would like to congrat the winners of season#2 in the following games:

FRbats season #2 CHAMPION of Tekken6 is "AO" as he is the #1 ranked TTT2 player and T6 player in Japan!

FRbats season #2 CHAMPION of UMVC3 is "Ageo Joe" (aka Kusoru) as he is one of the Best Marvel players in the japanese umvc3 community and he is looking to show his skills at FRXV!

FRbats season #2 CHAMPION of SSFIV AE v.2012 is "Abelity" with his Abel is coming to scoop the competition at FRXV! Don't sleep on him or you will get SCOOPED!

Also "Frieda" is coming to FRXV to represent in his favorite game UMvC3. He is one of the best Marvel players in the japanese UMvC3 community and he is also coming to show his talents at FRXV.

Last year 1 man named Tokido came to FRXIV and took top 2 through top 8 in almost every game he entered. With a 1 man invasion japan did very well last year at FRXIV, but now there is a team coming! There's more news coming soon on more international guest attending FRXV in the up coming days so get hype because this years event will truly be worthy of being the 15th Anniversary of FINAL ROUND!

FRbats season #2 CHAMPION of UMVC3 is "Ageo Joe" (aka Kusoru) as he is one of the Best Marvel players in the japanese umvc3 community and he is looking to show his skills at FRXV!

The Guilty Gear Kusoru?

Oh shit. Guilty Gear's going to be super hype now. I can't imagine there's another "shitty sol badguy" in Japan so it's probably him.

Got my plane tickets and registration taken care of. I'm in there.

FunkyP, is that asshole guy who was 'helping' you stream going to be there again? I hope not, since that was the only bad experience I had.

Fucking hype.

I'm actually sad now that I can't make it. ;_;

The Guilty Gear Kusoru?

Yes that's the same guy and he will be at FRXV. So now this could be the hypest unofficial GG tournament we've seen in the usa! HYPE!

YOU ONLY HAVE 10 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR FINAL ROUND XV!

WE ARE NOT KIDDING!

There's only 6 days until the Final Round group rate of $93 per night is gone! There are more rooms available at the event hotel at the FINAL ROUND XV Group rate of $93 per night even though we have sold out of the original amount of rooms nights available for our group. At this moment they only have king size rooms available! Do not use the online service anymore as this seems to be the main problem with people booking rooms for FRXV. Please call the following number and reserve your rooms for FRXV:

770-395-3902

If anyone has be told over the phone that the rooms for the Final Round group rate are sold out and was forced to reserve a room at another rate then please notify me and call Mrs. Judkins to get your reservation corrected. Thank you for your support and there's only 6 days until the FRXV group room rate is gone. YOU ONLY HAVE 9 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR FINAL ROUND XV! To register online please goto http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/registration.cfm

There's only 20 days and 16 hours until THE HYPE COMETH!!!