Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShinBlanka

FINAL ROUND XV March 2-4, 2012 "The 15th Aniversary"

Just wanted to say that the GG stream was incredible. Kusoru is my hero. <3

BB Top 4:

1. Swag Knight

2. Isuyaru

3. Leonil_Requiem

4. Kid Viper

BB Top 4:

1. Swag Knight

2. Isuyaru

3. Leonil_Requiem

4. Kid Viper

Shoutouts to Leonil Representing Michigan by getting 3rd place! I am proud of you, though I was banking on you getting 1st... I lost $20 because of it, but it was $20 worth losing, you fought hard bro! In the end; you got in top 3 and you in there with the big dogs! Well Played Leo!

Shoutouts to Shoutouts!

Just landed in Atlanta now, I'll probably be at my hotel at 12:30 or 1, I assume casuals are still going on today?

america's not ready for japanese trolls yet

.....ye...jesus christ rofl

Now Im so hyped for the xbl release,someone should put kusoru's matches on YT for promotng the release..rofl

Someone forgot his stick on my room, if you see this and you are still at the hotel please come here to get it. If you have already leaved, I will let it at the reception of the hotel when I check out tomorrow.

That's Leonil Requiem's stick, I told him you posted this and for him to PM you.

I'll do shoutouts later, too tired. Had SOOOOO much fun though, awesome weekend.

Heidern, when you get the chance could you post the full results for both BB and GG? Thanks!

Shouts later today. Awesome tournament! Met tons of new people!

Back in SC, now... sadface. Looks like I need to invest in plane tickets if I want more steady BB comp instead of waiting once a year for majors like final round.

But it seems like I caught something and feel absolutely AWFUL. Shoutouts later. @_@

So glad I got to go, at least for Saturday and Sunday. I'll post shotouts later.

I got 7th in BB out of 56 :D Better than I expected considering lack of practice time, not as good as I had hoped, lol.

Shout outs to Tyler for entertaining discussion to/from ATL

Shout outs to everyone from Bama who went

Shout outs and congrats to the winners of BB (LK, Ivysaur, Leonil)

Shout outs to Heidern for letting me help run the BB tourney

Shout outs to SteveH and Kusoru for having hella hype GG finals

Shout outs to everyone who played BB or supported it

Shout outs to everyone I had casuals with, and thanks to Amadeous and Blue Link for hosting in their rooms

Shout outs to Lockhart for going 0-2 against alcohol

Shout outs to NerdJosh for being set for life off $25k

Shout outs to Stickbug, Lord Knight, Leonil, and Amadeous for great discussion over delicious Chinese food and hilarity afterwards. VID-E-O-GAME-TOUR-NA-MENT, VID-E-O-GAME-TOUR-NA-MENT, NERDS-NERDS-NERDS, NERDS-NERDS-NERDS

Shout outs to Eshi and Peter for letting me crash at their place. Casuals were crazy fun and had it not been for their kindness, I would not have been able to attend. Thanks again, guys.

Most importantly, shout outs to ShinBlanka for running one of the best damn majors in America for the 15th year straight in spite of recent hardships. You will always have my utmost respect and thanks for always being there for the southeastern FGC, and we will always be there for you.

Who's ready for CEO? LET'S GO!

This will be my only post for awhile, but I just wanted to say thank you guys for supporting Final Round XV. For everyone that attended FRXV "I apoligize for the massive delays during Saturday events". From the delays to the DQ's I place all of that on my shoulders. It was my fault because I under estimated the community and how many people were planning to attend this years event. I was very under staffed and I did not have enough equipment to PROPERLY run an event of FRXV size.

With the tournament being under staffed it put more stress on the volunteers/staff to run more pools than we asked them to do. We had two 400+, one 250+, and a 170+ tournament to get towards the top 32-top 16 within a 16 hour period! With the added problem of trying to upload various games patches in brand new ps3 made every tournament run slow on saturday. I'll do my best to not have this happen again on such a large scale.

Thanks to everyone for making new hype moments at FRXV. From the top players we all know and to the everyday guy that came to frxv just to spectate. All of you made this years event a great event to attend and a great distraction from my personal life problems. Thanks for all the well wishes throughout the weekend. You don't know how much that keep me going because I throw final round for the people/community. If you guys are happy then i'm happy. Also thanks to everyone that donated towards my mothers funeral. From the bottom of my heart thank you! I didn't know how much the community would stand behind a stranger with gifts to help someone in a time of need. You will never know how much I appreciate this FGC!

Now that I have posted this please give me time to reflect.

A word of caution: the results posted on finalround.org for Blazblue are pretty fucked. There are a ton of errors on them, e.g. Jan placing 4th, Patrick Toney placing higher than me when I knocked him out, KoopaDoopa placing higher than Lockhart when he (Lock) knocked him (Koopa) out, people who got DQ'd for not showing at all somehow being ranked higher than last, etc. Be wary that tourney results for other games might be similarly inaccurate.

Already back in Brazil, now I can do my shoutouts post.

Shoutouts to everyone I played casuals

Shoutouts to LaN5X for the Lambda mirror match

Shoutouts to the people that I played against in the tournament (MadScientist, Kid Viper, Ben S and Eshi), great matches guys

Shoutouts to everyone that let me do a interview with them

Shoutouts to the top 3 of BB

Shoutouts to St1ckBuG, Kid Viper and the Haku-Men and Litchi players that I forgot the name that I met on the lounge for the company before the tournament, I would have been even more nervous if it wasn't for you guys

Shoutouts to team FunkyP for the stream

Shoutouts to the people from the Melty community that I met (Numakie, Brandino, Bellreisa, Malik, wyang, and someone else that I may have forgotten the name)

Shoutouts to Lord Knight, DacidBro and St1ckBuG for the gameplay tips and advice that you guys gave to me

And most importantly, huge shoutouts to ShinBlanka and all Final Round XV staff, you guys are godlike in so many ways that I would not be able to say all of it on this post, thanks for everything and you can count on me to go to more final rounds in the future, it was worth every cent and every second of travel.

So last year I left a little salty because the staff was way too strict about very small things and because the hotel wasn't that great... bu oh man, this year was stupid amazing.

ShinBlanka/Larry: You are the fucking man. You are the best TO of the South. You put the players before yourself. You treat all players equally. You run amazing events. Thank you so much for supporting BB and GG: it means a lot to me, and it means a lot the community. This event was super hype and I already can't wait for next year. It's events like this that allow me to meet and play new people, talk massive amounts of shit, and not have to help run brackets!!! Thank you so much for the time and effort that you put into this event. I know that every TO ever tries to run the perfect event that starts on time and doesn't hit any road bumps along the way, but something will always pop up. Don't let anyone talk bad to you about how the event was run: they obviously have no idea what being a TO requires or what you were going through. Once again: THANK YOU.

FunkyP - Your stream is godlike. Thanks for giving BB and GG lots of stream time and thanks for letting me commentate without having to wear a tie!

Eshi - Nice seeing you again. Sorry I didn't remember you at first from last year (I need to meet people a few times before I remember them, and no one is an exception from this rule). Your Makoto is godlike. Stick to your guns and don't let losing matches get to you. Just keep trying to improve. Play a lot. It's a new version of the game so matchup experience will come with time.

Lokhart - GJ getting bodied by alcohol before casuals in Amadeous's room. I'll figure out the Valk matchup, and hopefully we get to play again in the future. Stay godlike. It was nice to see you so passionate about the game.

SkeletalMinion - Fuck Hakumen! I'll see you at CEO maybe? Eating out was fun and shoutouts to those videogame nerds walking to publix at 3 AM.

Amadeous - Once again I dodged you in Jam mirrors. Stay freeeeeee! Thanks for the ride to the airport, it took a lot of stress off of my shoulders. Keep playing GG!!!

Leonil - It was nice to finally meet you. Hopefully I'll get to see you at more events. Level up in life so you can drink!!! GJ on 3rd. I wasn't expecting you to beat KidViper!

KidViper/Kensou - I've seen you two more in the past 2 weeks than I have in the past 4 years. I hope you both keep trying to improve in BB. You're both very strong and smart players that could do a lot to motivate the scene.

Ivysaur - Congrats on getting 2nd. Carl is retarded this version, you should be winning every major!!! I would've played you but I didn't have a stick for most of Saturday and everyone was a fucking pad player :<

Blue Link - Good shit coming from Brazil! I hope you got to play a lot of new people and improve your game. I'm sorry that I kind of rambled when I answered questions during our interview (and I hope it's not too much of a pain in the ass to translate). I'm glad you care about the scene and went wayyy out of your way to come play BB.

Dacidbro - I hope you improve a lot more before you leave for Japan!!! You're going to have a lot of trouble winning over there if you're still struggling over here! Stay godlike. I'm not sure when I'll see you next since i'm not sure if I'm going to EVO. Was our commentary good? I haven't watched any of it yet :P

That Litchi player who bodied me in losers - I will figure out how to beat Itsuu and I'll be back!!!

Heidern - Thanks again for running BB and GG brackets!!! I know what you go through and it sucks. I hope you were able to enjoy the tournament outside of Friday.

The Twins - Thanks for helping run GG brackets! I'll try not to block Ky with my face so much next time :<

To anyone I didn't mention I'm sorry:<

Stay godlike people! Keep playing BB and GG!

Me wants shoutouts too. This is Animefreak or the Yellow Bang.

Shoutouts to BB having more than 12 entrants. Last time i traveled, aka Seasons Beatings, for BB it just sucked.

Shoutouts to anyone and everyone i had casuals with. Casuals were fun and lengthy and had a great time. Specific shoutouts to the Valkenhayn that was Badass and Kid Viper, whom i've been wanting to meet for a while yet never have despite me being in Oklahoma, for trolling me with Platinum lol.

Shoutouts to FunkyP for streaming BB, good streams as always.

Shoutouts to the people i played, Jan for allowing me to beat you, Romi (sp?) for dat glitter shower which was hilarious, Dacidbro for that awesome and close Bang Mirror.

Shoutouts to the placers which were 2/3 of what i thought would happen. LK, Ivysaur and Leonil. Also good stuff seeing Leonil and Michigan again.

Shoutouts to Top 16 in SC5, im awesome that way.

Shoutouts to 3-2 in Marvel, im awesome that way too

Shoutouts to 0-2 in KoF, a game i don't really play, but got to go against Romance first round anyway. Awesome?

Hope to see and play you all again sometime, i will be at Evo.

Okay gonna make my shutouts post on my phone, this is gonna be painful lol.

Shoutouts to ShinBlanka, this was my first Final Round and it was really great, I wish I could've been there Friday for the full experience but Saturday and Sunday were amazing, I only got to go to this event because of a lucky coincidence but now I'm thinking of going on my own time next year.

Shoutouts to FunkyP, without you I would've missed the most gdlk GG Grand Finals, thanks a ton for giving anime games respect on stream and not pushing them off for more popular titles.

St1ckBuG, thanks for not getting annoyed with my texting and complete confusion at where everything was, haha. Now I'm honestly thinking of heading out to MAD just to get those Jam Mirrors from you. You owe me now for the ride! Haha, j/k.

Brandinoli, Leonil, nice seeing you guys again. I really do wish we had a chance to play Guilty Gear, I'll be sure to head back up to casuals sometime so you guys can have your salty runbacks...if you can! Haha :3

SkeletalMinion, nice meeting you, your Haku is scary haha. I've got a long way to go with my Lambda to even win a round against you, lol. Still had a great time at dinner and BB casuals.

LordKnight, Shoutouts to Jersey casuals/MAIDSPORTS. I dunno anything about Melty and the finals were still some amazing shit. Now I'm actually looking forward to P4U now too, haha.

Speaking of Melty, thanks to the Melty players for educating my dumb ass on some of the most basic game mechanics. It really helped me get hype for the finals, now I think I need to actually play the game.

Kyle, Zinac, Koogy, and anyone else I played in Guilty Gear, ggs. I need to learn so much more about Jam so I don't get bodied free. Cinci boys, expect to see more of me when I get back! I'll have my salty runbacks yet!

Shoutouts to anyone else I missed, I wish I could've been there Friday and met more people and played more matches!

Shoutouts to laggy LG monitors in my room, 2 bar XBL connections offline! I'm not good enough to notice it though lol.

And Shoutouts to my manager at IBM, letting me fly out a day early to even get to the event. FR makes up for any bullshit I have to deal with for the next 2 weeks!

I cant remember any names, so shoutouts to anybody I played, and thank you for running casuals with me, and giving me information. Still trying to overcome the initial learning hump with this game, but I had a lot of fun. (I was that really scrubby Mu player during casuals)

Also those results are screwed up theres no way I placed in 9th unless I got a bunch of byes, lol.

Big shouts to the the GG-Twins, Matt Frank, Msong, Leonil, Zoogstin, Jan, SteveFUCKIN-H, & many more. Wish we could do this ever weekend.