Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Street Fighter X Tekken

Seth Killian went out of his way on his Twitter to mention that it's not a comeback mechanic. Not to say that it probably won't end up that way regardless. Source.

I fail to see how it's anything but a comeback mechanic, considering it puts a death timer on your character. I guess you could potentially activate pandora to chip out the other character with same supers/EXs, but by far the more common use of it will probably be hit confirm>pandora>stupidity.

Why does Capcom feel the need to put these dumb gimmicks in all of their games now?

Unlimited meter means you are probably going to do an assload of damage when in pandora, and depending on your character unlimited EX moves could be really obnoxious. It will probably be much more risky than x-factor though, and level 3 xfactor's damage/speed boosts are argueably stronger depending on character, but we'll see.

I fail to see how it's anything but a comeback mechanic, considering it puts a death timer on your character. I guess you could potentially activate pandora to chip out

the other character with same supers/EXs, but by far the more common use of it will probably be hit confirm>pandora>stupidity.

We can only hope you cant use it in the middle of combos.

EDIT: Also the gem system sounds like it might be some sort of system for customizing characters (keep in mind that is just based off of the quote "My Ryu is different from your Ryu!?").

excited for this, at least.

25% or less Health > Infinite Meter....didn't they learn how broken that is from Guilty Gear: The Missing Link???

I dunno. Pandora in the TGS build lasts ~7 seconds, and it's just 25% health on either character to activate.

So far it looks like giving up tagging is going to just be a huge net negative for entering Pandora mode, unless your character can have decent odds on exposing the other guy and/or land a guaranteed kill in those 7 seconds. The extended combos that you're going to be doing in Pandora will probably eat up at least 50% of the time you're given to use it on average.

I do think there will be some specific characters that will really shine with it, but definitely not the cast at large--at least not the way the game looks now.

the question also is if you do a super that kills your opponent but your pandora timer runs out during the cinematic is it a double ko or do you win?

seth killian has quite possibly the most monotone voice for commentary I've heard...it pains me to hear him explain these characters for all these new trailers

Heihachi and lili look really fun. Rolento looks about expected. Pretty pleased with that.

Not as worried about pandora now, since it doesnt last long. Risky. I just hope you cant hit confirm into it, and things will be fine.

Not as worried about pandora now, since it doesnt last long. Risky. I just hope you cant hit confirm into it, and things will be fine.

First thing I thought of when I heard about how pandora works is (if your 2nd character is below the health threshold) chain into launcher+switch, immediate pandora (freezes for activation and switches back), finish with death juggle. It's possible that there's some kind of barrier against that (like pandora activation immediately puts your opponent in an unjuggleable state), but I guess that'll have to be investigated in due time.

Also important to know if you can pandora-cancel out of a special, like you can with x-factor.

Frankly, with how quickly it runs out, it'd be completely worthless if you couldn't combo into it, unless you could set up something unblockable. In either case, pandora probably won't be a staple of every match like x-factor in MvC3. It's just a matter of whether it'll be a stupid way of winning or a stupid way of suiciding.

Frankly, with how quickly it runs out, it'd be completely worthless if you couldn't combo into it, unless you could set up something unblockable. In either case, pandora probably won't be a staple of every match like x-factor in MvC3. It's just a matter of whether it'll be a stupid way of winning or a stupid way of suiciding.

I disagree. It really depends on how strong ex moves are. I mean, if EX moves help give you really strong mixup and really strong entry moves like EX Yun Lunge Punch, then Pandora mode could make them really hard to keep away from you and block properly. It's more of a "Hm, they have 40% hp on their point character, i'm going to pandora and try to fuck his ass." Big gamble.

Yeah, it'll remain to be seen just how good EX moves are, but since you have to kill both of your opponent's characters, that really limits (in my mind) the usefulness of midmatch pandora to basically nothing. It's not gambling on 40% of their point character, it's gambling on 40% of their last character. To me, that means it's only good if (a) you confirm into a potential pandora-only death combo, or (b) your 2 characters are both almost dead anyway and you want to take a risk on a hail mary (or if you're about to get perfected and just want to go like Shin..."I won't die by your hand" *laughs* ).

I will concede your point, though, that it needn't set up an unblockable...just a hard-to-blockable could potentially be good enough to justify it.

Yeah, it'll remain to be seen just how good EX moves are, but since you have to kill both of your opponent's characters, that really limits (in my mind) the usefulness of midmatch pandora to basically nothing.

Wait, you have to kill both characters? Is that some special thing in Pandora where you dont have to just kill their point? Or is ukemi tag cancel that safe?

For some reason I'm like the only one who doesn't get an R.Mika vibe despite wanting it so bad.

The only part of her outfit it could really be is her forearm/inner elbow, in which case it looks hella beefy/thick/short and I'm not sure what to think. I guess it'd fit as other parts of her body if they made her costume less fanservicey, but sakura is still in a school girl uniform, and cammy is still cammy.

But only the otherhand I can't off the top of my head name anyone else with a light blue theme with frills at the end.

R. Mika was (to me) more of a easy-command wrestler compared to Zangief, so she's not unlike El Fuerte in that regard, except for her Peach Shooter, hehe.

I looked at the image in question. The ruffles are at the very top of her arm and thighs, so the teaser is most likely her arm pointing upwards.

R. Mika is a disgrace... :v: hope they do not include her.

do us a favor and die :/

Futhermore there are a bunch of grapplers on the roster right now.

you cant have enough grapplers

R. Mika is a disgrace... :v: hope they do not include her. Futhermore there are a bunch of grapplers on the roster right now.

Go castrate yourself. Female Wrestlers are saucesome.