Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Street Fighter X Tekken

When has Capcom ever re-release ANY game for MORE than the original?

Anyways everyone quit bitching, if you have nothing note worthy to say about this game then don't even bother posting...

Hmm I think I might write a Christie guide, I actually find her alot of fun and pretty interesting, and I'm learning more by the minute :D

So if they re-released another SFxT for $80 would that be OK for you Blade?

Prices go down eventually, lol

I decided to finally buy this game yesterday, and it's way more fun than I thought. However, I still feel that doesn't go past training mode.

I also don't see where people aren't getting good damage. Within about an hour I had already found a Vega/Julia 50% combo for only a single bar. I just feel that people aren't trying hard enough to get that damage in.

I'm also SUPER disappointed that you can't do Cross Assault combos solo.

I just feel that people aren't trying

Sums up everything put towards this game.

I'm also SUPER disappointed that you can't do Cross Assault combos solo.

You could in an earlier build and that shit was broken as fuck, especially before the high/low protection.

X-Assault is mainly for balancing out the difference between health on your team as far as I see it; it just doesn't last long enough to warrant it a huge part of strategy (even if you were playing on teams). Still I've thrown friends off with it before lol.

So yeah, I caved and got the DLC Characters, expecting to be massively let down.

I wasn't.

Sakura: Same old, same old.

Blanka: Feels a bit different, Rolling Attacks that aren't the normal one have weird trajectories and properties. EX Rolling doesn't go through fireballs anymore (I think).

Guy: Now THIS is how Guy should've been in AE. His combos and movement options got massively improved thanks to the new systems. EX Hozanto wallbounces, and I think EX Shadow Kick (HK after QCF+2K) causes ground bounce. Super input also got changed from QCF to QCB, and this time with 3P.

Cody: Same as he was in AE. j.HP causes ground bounce.

Elena: Haven't played her much, but she already seems much better than she was in 3S.

Dudley: Holy shit he is a monster now. j.HK ground bounce REALLY helps him a lot, and both his combo and damage potential is crazy now.

Lars: I hated him in T6 and will probably hate him more in TTT2, but not as much in this game, where his moves can actually make sense. He has OK mixup and great combo damage, with a lot of tools to get him where he needs to be.

Alisa: I hate this bitch SO MUCH. She can zone with rocket punches and has 2 versions of her take on Guy's Ninja Run, one of which leads into Chainsaw Mode, which can build fucktons of meter and deal quite a bit of chip damage.

Lei: You know the picture of Gen and Fei Long where Gen has a bunch of things going on in his head and Fei just has Rekka? Multiply the number of Gen thought bubbles by about five or six and you have Lei. He is fucking HARD to play, but he has potential to be incredibly dangerous.

Christie: Much better than Elena IMO. Has a lot of mixup potential but seems pretty slow because of her movements.

Bryan: This motherfucker hits like a tank, but his normals are pretty ass so he needs to carefully inch his way in. Very good on anchor, super is apparently unblockable and needs to be ducked like Taokaka's super.

Jack: Did I say Bryan hits like a tank? Well Jack hits like five of those, plus a train for good measure. Slowest character in the game, but has the highest damage output of any character. One aerial combo takes like 35-40 percent of your life.

Alright, think I got all the raw data (with the exception of frame data obviously) on my Christie guide; damage, hit lvls, testing (grounded, crouching, airborne, counter hit). Just gotta write some general guidelines and I think I'm done = A=

Version 2013 is out now for PSN, should be out in a couple more hours for XBL.

Game will probably still be considered shit in the eyes of many.

Because it is

:kitty: Oh you little liars

That is the power of the almighty $$$

Once again capcom bought the sfxt slot for this year :/

Yeah, after playing the new version for a bit, it feels the same, just with less timeouts and more damage.

At least now that this is out SFxT is finally done, and Capcom can now work on Darkstalkers 4 and SF5 (the latter hopefully without Ono as the producer, and faster gameplay with less of an emphasis on links).

Darkstalkers 4 needs to happen before yet another SF game in my opinion, but both series have their merit. SF4 may not have been my favorite of the series branches, but, it had potential at least.

That is the power of the almighty $$$

Once again capcom bought the sfxt slot for this year :/

Well, at least I still get P4A and KOF13 to watch in Evo :v:

and frutsi

Yeah, after playing the new version for a bit, it feels the same, just with less timeouts and more damage.

At least now that this is out SFxT is finally done, and Capcom can now work on Darkstalkers 4 and SF5 (the latter hopefully without Ono as the producer, and faster gameplay with less of an emphasis on links).

If by SF5 you actually mean CVS3 because that's the REAL GAME everyone wants.

I'd rather not.

Also, we've got even more cases of Glitchception now. Blanka has a new variant of his Electricity blockstun infinite (which can only be gotten out of by Alpha Counter), Paul has the special ability to get out of stun quicker during standing block, and now there's a weird glitch with Kuma which causes the other character to freeze or bug out.

I'd rather not.

Also, we've got even more cases of Glitchception now. Blanka has a new variant of his Electricity blockstun infinite (which can only be gotten out of by Alpha Counter), Paul has the special ability to get out of stun quicker during standing block, and now there's a weird glitch with Kuma which causes the other character to freeze or bug out.

The Blanka blockstun infinite is like... linking Electricity in 2 frames, and you can't mash it out. It's pretty bullcrap, but we haven't seen anyone really utilize it yet.

No comment on the Paul stuff lol.

The Kuma glitch is literally only with the team Blanka/Ogre. And even with an optimal starter to combo into Team Super, and then charging a full Super up, I was only able to get like... A little over 550dmg. I could do basically that much with a regular two bar Tag Combo. But it's still a time scam.

Marvel 3 is still way worse on glitches and dumb stuff though.

SFxT is a good game.

I agree with the above post. A game isn't without it's glitches and those aren't game breaking. I think people are sleeping on this game I'm curious how the game pans out. After watching more play with Jibbo and Ryan Hunter I've been working on minimizing hits into launcher. I'm JUST doing that and the game has been out for a year and I know a lot of people are in the same boat, playing AE with a magic series

I know a lot of people are in the same boat, playing AE with a magic series

Sounds like the WinterBrawl top 8 #kappa

Seriously I walked out of there during that and hung out at the bar. They weren't playing the game right at all (except for Dieminion apparently).

But yeah though. Minimizing hits into your Launch will help you get more damage. But in the beginning of the round, I usually just do solo combos until I have bar. Once I have bar, I start doing Tag Combos.

Also don't forget that Raw Launch crushes lows and crouching normals.

Sounds like the WinterBrawl top 8 #kappa

LOL. I remember seeing Chris G punished with a combo that started with jab jab #FacePalm . Yo I heard shit went down at that bar before the event. The bar at UCI for SCR didn't have shit. At least when I was there

LOL. I remember seeing Chris G punished with a combo that started with jab jab #FacePalm . Yo I heard shit went down at that bar before the event. The bar at UCI for SCR didn't have shit. At least when I was there

The bar was pretty bangin'. Totally packed on Friday, and they had a bunch of set ups in the back of it and they ran a Random Only tournament for $5 lol.

I don't remember anything "going down" while I was there.

All I know is we pretty much at all of their food lol.

They started with serving Waffle Fries on Friday, were reduced to regular fries on Saturday, and only had chips left Sunday night lol

Yoshi/Paul is some baller shit, love how the range for Cr. MP is right at max range for his overhead.