Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Street Fighter X Tekken

Fun thing about Toro and Kuro is that they apparently won a fan poll in Japan for the characters sony fans wanted to see.

Apparently Pandora mode is very high risk due to it killing not only one teammate for activating it, but it will also kill the character who is affected by it if they don't win by the time it runs out.

just throwing the source

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2011/09/13/street_fighter_x_tekken:_new_trailers,_characters_and_info

See that glowing, Tron-like Ryu up there? He’s just engaged the new “Pandora” ability, which sacrifices your tag partner’s life for increased power. However, you’d better put that power to good use, cuz once it depletes, you’re done too! Sounds like an extension of MvC3′s X-Factor and TvC’s Baroque attacks, just with that added penalty to balance such a power boost.

So with Lili being announced I now have to live in this thread (hates Capcom, loves Namco, Lili was the deal-breaker)

Despite this, I still need to finish crying out my tears of blood.

As for the Pandora system, I'm hoping it's not as stupid as X-factor and perhaps a more controlled Rage system that won't lead to complete bullshit (did that even make sense?)

As their costumes imply each of the cats play like the "poster boy" of one of the companies (of course in a more whimsical style):

Toro play like Ryu:

full-2.jpg

full-3.jpg

full-4.jpg

Kuro plays like Kazuya:

full-5.jpg

full-6.jpg

full-7.jpg

You know I'm not even mad this two or in, well not mad because of their inclusion, I'm mad because they greatly break the dynamic of the game, I HATE STUPIDLY SHORT CHARACTERS!!! No matter the game they are always dumb to fight against and are nothing but professional troll bait; Gon in T3, Neco Arc in MB, Yoda in SCIV. All silly characters simply because of their hit boxes.

Good practice for tighter combos, IMO, Carl is like that too.

Moves don't whiff over Carl's head like they do for characters like SoBa mentioned.

In SCIV almost every character's A attacks whiffed Yoda. It's retarded.

However their inclusion in SFxT IMO is hilariously awesome, I don't really care because I don't take this game seriously. :kitty:

Also, apparently they are supposed to be coming to the PS3 port? There's a lot of talk about it on SRK, I'll take it with a grain of salt though, you can't believe anything on SRK.

Am I the only one who is hoping for a Death by Degrees/Tekken Force/Final Fight/Guilty Gear Boost/TMNT Arcade Mode here?

Also, the multiplayer brawl bit better not have clunky turn/lane change buttons like Isuka did, that was part of what ruined it.

Also, is Karin really confirmed? I would totally dig a Karin/Lili "Rich-bitch" teamup. Still hype for Hwoarang though. Also Hype for Team Guy/Raven. I'd also like to know if Makoto is confirmed for sure, and maybe (just maybe) Alex...cuz you can't have Hugo without Alex!!! >:D

Also for some strange reason I am hype for Team Bob/Sagat:

tn-500_21.jpg

Oh yeah...and the whole "train online with friends" thing...I really really hope they establish something like that big time...I have never been good at either game, so having someone help me out would be awesome! If it came down to it, I would be willing to buy a headset mic just to train with people online in this.

I'm also hoping to get my hands on those songs from the trailers...they were pretty badass.

I don't know if it was posted here or not, but it looks like you can't troll with Pandora due to the character/player who activates it is the one who is sacrificed. Also, judging by Ken crouching twice before activating Pandora we can guess that means it's a double quarter circle motion.

Oh by the way, I don't know how many are paying attention but...

Street Fighter X Tekken is being made by CAPCOM

Meanwhile...

Tekken X Street Fighter is being made by NAMCO-BANDAI

I'm told the latter is going to be 3D: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken_X_Street_Fighter

I just hope it won't turn into the failure that was SVC Chaos: SNK VS Capcom.

Yes but if you notice I don't put specific versions character appeared in for anyone, she appeared in the 5 series of games.

SxB, have you heard anything more about Online Training Mode and if that can be done with friends online?

Well the online training mode allows you to invite a friend with the two of you on the same team against a CPU opponent, but I'm not sure if you can directly spar against each other, but if Capcom had the foresight to go this far, I say there's a pretty good chance of it.

SxB, have you heard anything more about Online Training Mode and if that can be done with friends online?

In the image that talks about the Online Training Mode (As well as the video) and that you can do it with friends. That's the whole point of the mode anyway...

I hope more FGs follow the idea, sometimes me learning how to play a character takes forever, so learning from a pro in training spar would help tons.

I don't know if it was posted here or not, but it looks like you can't troll with Pandora due to the character/player who activates it is the one who is sacrificed. Also, judging by Ken crouching twice before activating Pandora we can guess that means it's a double quarter circle motion.

Quick correction to this. The motion is 22+MP+MK. Also you need less than 25% health to activate it, and the buff it gives is infinite meter.

From the official site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk_en/system.html

EDIT: Also the gem system sounds like it might be some sort of system for customizing characters (keep in mind that is just based off of the quote "My Ryu is different from your Ryu!?").

Except that it isn't. You sacrifice a character for a LITTLE boost, and have a time bomb on you. You gain unlimited meter but you can't do cross combos with your partner. Not to mention that it runs out VERY quickly.

If you don't think that's balanced...

A small boost? You can do all kinds of crazy links and damage probably isn't too shabby with unlimited EXs and Super, but I'm not mad at Pandora for being a comeback mechanic, I'm mad at it for being a shitty concept overall. It breaks the dynamic of a tag fighter (especially one as heavily team oriented as this) and it completely comes out of nowhere making absolutely no sense in the context of either franchise. And to top it off I don't like the filter for it...

Anyways: