Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SolxBaiken

Street Fighter X Tekken

Well, most Tekken characters here play relatively the same as they were in Tekken except maybe Lili. She seems to have some of her signature techniques absent like her cartwheel, her jump grab, and her fakeouts.

edit: ahahaha and you can only chain into launchers if you do a chain starting with a light move, apparently. thanks capcom. jabs should do the most damage right

French Bread rang. They said they want their 2A back. I figured I'd give this thread just a little life. I'd shut up about Capcom forever if this game managed to be good. Either way I'll stick with KoF XIII and MBAACC, thank you very much. Oh and Tag Tournament 2....and Chaos Code....fuck! I'll be all sorts of occupied when 2012 rolls around.

Most of the costumes are from characters already in the game.

Heck, let's be hopeful and assume that's just hinting at who's to come...

Who am I kidding, this is Capcom, they'll never give my Charlie back

Well it tends to be tradition that, whenever two fighting game companies clash, they spar by making two different games.

In the past we had:

Capcom VS SNK, Capcom VS SNK 2 both made by Capcom with some success.

Then we had

SVC Chaos: SNK VS Capcom which was SNKP's stab at the crossover...though I'm sure Capcom won that duel.

So with this, Capcom is starting the battle with Street Fighter X Tekken...so now Namco-Bandai is on the counter-offensive with Tekken X Street Fighter, probably with Tekken's engine.

Which will be the better game? My money's on Capcom, but Tekken has a strong following, so it could be close. :D

nice

im not gonna lie here, at the begining of those 2 projects, i was only hyped for the txs one, after a while, with the 1st reveals my hype for sfxt increased only to be crushed with the lastest reveals, and no i actually dont have problems with the gems, per se, more with how they plan to handle the dlc gems, that and all the idiotic game desing desicions that have lately, its incredible how capcom has ruined the hype for their game in a short time, lol

i was right on being more hyped for txsf :/

right now, sfxt its a clusterfuck

So with this, Capcom is starting the battle with Street Fighter X Tekken...so now Namco-Bandai is on the counter-offensive with Tekken X Street Fighter, probably with Tekken's engine.

Not probably, it IS. Herada wants to makes his crossover more Tekken-like, so the SF characters will have lots of techniques like the Tekken characters.

That sounds interesting on paper but...can they really replicate Ken's kick feints in a Tekken style? Or Ryu's different mix of Ansatsuken punches?

Basically make a legit fighting style out of a fictional one? I mean it's Karate/Judo, but it's NOT Karate/Judo, if you catch my meaning.

That sounds interesting on paper but...can they really replicate Ken's kick feints in a Tekken style? Or Ryu's different mix of Ansatsuken punches?

Basically make a legit fighting style out of a fictional one? I mean it's Karate/Judo, but it's NOT Karate/Judo, if you catch my meaning.

Though, Ken and Ryu's style was based on Shoto-something karate (hence people referring similar characters as Shoto characters.) which, of course, was forgotten. Chances are TXSF will reenact that style. It's not like Tekken doesn't have fictional styles of their own.

People call them Shoto because of the old Shotokan name...which is misleading because it sounds like Goro from Mortal Kombat.

Last I heard the official style of those types is Ansatsuken or derivatives (Sagat being the Muy Thai exception).

http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/01/unconfirmed-custom-combo-macros-in-street-fighter-x-tekken/

this game is getting better and better with every new that its revealed LOL

btw, this is still a runor, but if by any chances this ends as a real feature, im totally opassing this shit

Funny thing about that, I don't remember Pepperidge Farm.

On topic: Auto-Combos are limited in that they are character-specific, often spacing-required, and if they're in the air, timing specific. Watching the A.I. screw up their combos in BlazBlue should be enough of a message to say that auto-combos aren't the solution.

hahaha holy fuck those gems are fucking boring except i guess for more meter gain/movement speed. way to fuck up, capcom. maybe if the shit gems did was exciting it would make all that garbage about retailer exclusive gems etc be worth it, but nope

it is really a shame that characters like bob, hugo, poison, rolento, and julia, features like dat color edit, and that awesome tag cancel mechanic are going to be wasted on this

oh well. Plenty of other stuff coming out, no need to waste time on this.