Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

[CS2] Platinum the General #1

I have yet to lose a platinum mirror.

Come at me bro.

Also I don't see how you think that matchup is bad, he can't cut the bubbles into the magatama circles, and then only thing he has that beats out your normals is 4c, 5b hits him before he can get out anything like his 5c or 3c. I've been playing my friend who's been maining hakumen since CT and the matchup would probably be 6-4 at the worst

I've only lost to one guy in a mirror match and that was yesterday

The only characters I have a hard time beating are Jin and Hazama

Yeah jin and hazama look like they might end up as 6-4 matches, haven't had any trouble with them myself, but then again the only Jin's and Hazama's I have fought sucked pretty bad at the game

I'd say that's just indicative of the better character balancing in CS2. I'd say almost any matchup could go either way, especially considering Plat's conditional options thanks to her items...

Yeah jin and hazama look like they might end up as 6-4 matches, haven't had any trouble with them myself, but then again the only Jin's and Hazama's I have fought sucked pretty bad at the game

Well most early tier-lists for CS2 have Jin and Hazama right up top, so that's not a big suprise, but I'll take a 6-4 any day after maining Tager...

I feel cheated that NA 360 got the patch at the same time as JP, but the NA PS3 has to wait a week for no real reason... I just don't see the logic behind it D:

This IIII JIN IIII guy is going ham with Platinum in my game right now.. he's done like 2 combos I've never even seen before and he's good at landing the command grab and dream sally when you don't expect it. His mix-up is tight too.. Looks like I need to start practicing more :(

I'm not gonna mirror match him cause I'm scared though lol

hakumen should be bad for plat jin mu 12 valk and i think fagna(ragna) probably a few more like noel maybe

I've been smacking fagnas all day I don't think he's that much of a problem honestly, haven't played valk or mu-12 but hakumen isn't that bad as long as you're patient

that's because your playing american fagnas to be honest about 1/100 of all the fagna players are actually good.

I guess that's true. lololo

hakumen should be bad for plat jin mu 12 valk and i think fagna(ragna) probably a few more like noel maybe

Valk's reach is problematic (5C is just ridiculous), but I'd imagine Bubbles are a big hindrance for his air mobility with C-Dashes (I know they'd piss ME off). Bat is win, smack stupid Valks using 236A in blockstrings, just watch for his 4D and 7D special cancels because the range on that Bat is meh and could easily whiff... Use that Hammer too, Butler-sama has 4 primers, and he bleeds.

Mu will suck because lasers are evil and never friggin stop coming, and unlike fighting Lambda, after you make your way in, Mu can still play her game close up... plus she has that gdlk DP

Ragna will suck because he's Ragna...

LOl but if you think about it his 5c and 5b are long range and it beats out your normals. So it's really hard to beat that> Don't try to AA all of his wolf stuff I would do maybe 5a or something fast to beat them.

LOl but if you think about it his 5c and 5b are long range and it beats out your normals. So it's really hard to beat that> Don't try to AA all of his wolf stuff I would do maybe 5a or something fast to beat them.

5B and 5C are both long range, but they're slow, once you get in his space, Plat can shut that shit down. Most Valks are well aware people will poke you out of D-cancels and they can screw you for it too, all it'd take is to cancel a 7D into a 6C dash and crossup [w] j.B, among other evil shit, Valk's got mixup from hell...

Just break through his range and start pressure, the less chances you give him to go on the offensive the better IMO.

true but alot of valk players has had that experience they will a option 2 against that which is wolfing away and then hitting you anyway, What you said is not as easy as it sounds trying to run his ass down and get him to stay still like a good dog and play dead for you.

true but alot of valk players has had that experience they will a option 2 against that which is wolfing away and then hitting you anyway, What you said is not as easy as it sounds trying to run his ass down and get him to stay still like a good dog and play dead for you.

That's what I'm saying, Valk's mobility is all in his wolf dashes, Bubble from fullscreen to keep him from flying around and watch where he goes, if he goes over the bubble you can try and tag him with Mystic Momo, if he uses j.D to transform back and block the bubble, unless he uses barrier just 2C him.

You've got the Missles or the Bombs to cover your approach, and if you get a Cat Mace then go for a knockdown. Valk has absolutely no way to deal with projectiles, which Plat has tons of, so abuse that.

It seems to me that it comes down to who scores the first 6-7K corner combo, lol. All this is conjecture on my part, until (hopefully) next week, and then I'll finally get my mitts on the little mahou shoujo (I've had a $20 PSN card sitting around since the network went down, all I want is Platinum and my Castlevania DLC... D:).

Oh that III Jin dude, I thought I was the only one who found him lol, yeah me and him had a bunch of mirrors on the release day and I managed to win 80% or so of the matches, Im pretty sure like me he's had the imported copy of the game for a while. Sadly while his plat is good I remember his jin being pretty awful

Since she's out now, should I go ahead and open up the match-up threads? I'd like to do it because I want to keep them updated as much as possible and try to keep it clean in the main post.