Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

[CS2] Platinum the General #1

I really should start posting here, since well, I have an account. Though I felt I'd share my thoughts on Platinum here...

- Get two controllers

- Start up training mode, two Platinums, using your favourite colours, stage and theme

- Attain some gaffa tape

- Enemy Status: Controller

- Tape down 2 on one of the D-Pad/Left Stick on the first controller

***HERE COMES THE SUPER TRICKY PART!!***

- Carefully, and I mean CAREFULLY time the 2 input on the second controller while both Platinums are beside each other so that they either...

a) Nod left and right simultaneously

b) The contrary to the above

- Tape the button/direction down

- Watch for a bit, then just watch... because that's all you'll want to ever do.. watch, 'cause that's what guys do when they see super cute girls doing super cute things... watch.

Good post

quality posting in a quality thread

IDK what Ragna you were playing who does Inferno Divider on wakeup
It's Xbox Live, Expecting anything more would be foolish.

I've had some Coffee, Freshened up, and decided to clarify a few things.

1) CS2 Ragna works best in the corner. And to get you to the corner, a simple ID (From what I've seen on XBL. You are NEVER safe.) Once in the corner, 70% of the time you will go into "Berial edge" which we all simply adore.

2) Jesus Kick - Sword Swings - Hells fang > IF you block Hells fang, or even better, IB it. Let out an A bubble, with luck, and platinum's "New-ness" Mr.Originality might just run right into it.

OR, Be a man and bash out Mami circular on IB.

Ragna doesn't seem much of a thread in V.1.03. So I guess the only way to play against his strengths is to do it yourself. Platinum has a stupid amount of Tool's so I'd say it's going to be a while before anything definitive comes up.

I can't hit this 6C > 22C to save my life

Make sure you are doing a quick, short delay. I had the problem where I was delaying too much and the 5C wouldn't hit.

I really should start posting here, since well, I have an account. Though I felt I'd share my thoughts on Platinum here...

- Get two controllers

- Start up training mode, two Platinums, using your favourite colours, stage and theme

- Attain some gaffa tape

- Enemy Status: Controller

- Tape down 2 on one of the D-Pad/Left Stick on the first controller

***HERE COMES THE SUPER TRICKY PART!!***

- Carefully, and I mean CAREFULLY time the 2 input on the second controller while both Platinums are beside each other so that they either...

a) Nod left and right simultaneously

b) The contrary to the above

- Tape the button/direction down

- Watch for a bit, then just watch... because that's all you'll want to ever do.. watch, 'cause that's what guys do when they see super cute girls doing super cute things... watch.

SO KAWAII!! Dude that match we had... "Is it wrong to say I think I wanna' tap Platinum's ass?" :D

It's NOT wrong Sym!! Not now... maybe in a decade when we're much older, but NOT NOW.... Enjoy these innocent days while we can! >_>

If someone doesn't mind saying, what are Platinum's cons?

There aren't any she's perfect

If someone doesn't mind saying, what are Platinum's cons?

-Slow Normals compared to most of the cast for entering in with

-All item required combos/setups are highly situational being it's completely random

-Only good reversal option is situational, which is her 5D Magical Bat

-Only good wakeup option is situational, which is her 5D Magical Bat

-Only ONE Fatal Counter and it's one of the slowest in the game, which is her 6C

I see. Thanks. What about her mixup and pressure?

Her mixup and pressure game is great. Also can corner carry anyone from midscreen.

Well, she has an amazing pressure game to say the least

- When you can get in close, I know that 5B and 5C can chain into 6A

- Mami Circular is advised NOT to be used for a pressure game as it's a highly unsafe move on block

-> However, one you hit it right, mid or full screen you should probably think about what to do with your current item

-> Near a corner, you can follow up for a good corner bnb, be it using 22C pickups or hammer loops

-> If you land a close up 6A, 5C 236B, you can follow up with a second 236B to almost always push your opponent into a corner to follow up as necessary.

I don't know much, but there are MUCH more options for Platinum. However one of her greatest downfalls is indeed landing in pokes with slow start up. Which is why 5B would be recommended imo unless you're intending to pressure with 5A.

---QUICK NOTE---

Note how in the Combos section, it pins that a dashed combo start up makes her combos more effective.

This also applies to her pressure game. Against certain characters, a dashed 5B, 5C 236A can catch opponents off guard quite well, good for resets, baiting a burst if they expect you to use Mami Circular

I hope I managed to help a bit d<_<

EDIT: Replaced "Magical Symphony" with "Mami Circular"

Her mixup and pressure game is great. Also can corner carry anyone from midscreen.

Best Overhead...

Also is her ground pogo stick a good tool to use in mix-ups, etc?

Well, she has an amazing pressure game to say the least

- When you can get in close, I know that 5B and 5C can chain into 6A

- Magical Symphony is advised NOT to be used for a pressure game as it's a highly unsafe move on block

-> However, one you hit it right, mid or full screen you should probably think about what to do with your current item

-> Near a corner, you can follow up for a good corner bnb, be it using 22C pickups or hammer loops

-> If you land a close up 6A, 5C 236B, you can follow up with a second 236B to almost always push your opponent into a corner to follow up as necessary.

I don't know much, but there are MUCH more options for Platinum. However one of her greatest downfalls is indeed landing in pokes with slow start up. Which is why 5B would be recommended imo unless you're intending to pressure with 5A.

---QUICK NOTE---

Note how in the Combos section, it pins that a dashed combo start up makes her combos more effective.

This also applies to her pressure game. Against certain characters, a dashed 5B, 5C 236A can catch opponents off guard quite well, good for resets, baiting a burst if they expect you to use Magical Symphony etc etc.

I hope I managed to help a bit d<_<

Didn't know you loved me soo much. :P

But yeah her normals really get on my nerves, and the fact you only combo a 5A off her overhead (If it's not a CH) and J.B.

Omg I was 14-0 with Plat and I lost and it totally fucked my PSR up

Omg I was 14-0 with Plat and I lost and it totally fucked my PSR up

Against what character?

You guys should do more random surfboards. They're pretty legit.

Until someone blocks it and you get to feel what a -24F on block feels like. :V

Until someone blocks it and you get to feel what a -24F on block feels like. :V

Thats where rapids come into play...

Against what character?

fucking Jin :(

Now my PSR is going up by 1's and I'm 32-1 with 148 PSR fuck my life