Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

[CS2] Platinum the General #1

So... Same old same old?

Yeah but at least this time we have a date, and not just "Spring 2011"

This weekend shall be full of mahou shoujo madness (Unless the shit with Sony gets stupid again, which is sadly likely).

What are Plat's achievements anyways?

Same as the other two DLC characters.

1. Beat Challenges 1-7

2. Use her Unlimited Mode in Arcade/Versus/XBL/PSN

3. Do a Redbeat 5k combo in Arcade/Versus/XBL/PSN(unlimited can be used for this)

Same as the other two DLC characters.

1. Beat Challenges 1-7

2. Use her Unlimited Mode in Arcade/Versus/XBL/PSN

3. Do a Redbeat 5k combo in Arcade/Versus/XBL/PSN(unlimited can be used for this)

Oh I didn't know they were all the same, guess I gotta go for them now.

Well I got the 5k combo one and the unlimited, I just gotta do #6 in her challenges. I skipped it cause it was making me mad on the first day when I was doing her challenges lol.

o god now your saying the challenges sound hard

It's actually not THAT hard but I was trying to go through them as fast as possible on my first time ever using her

Whats the best ender after a hammer combo if you don't want to go into super?

I'd assume: 5C > j.B > j.C > dj.C > dj.236AAA

I'd assume: 5C > j.B > j.C > dj.C > dj.236AAA

Was messing around and found that 5C, 6A xx 236B seems to be the best. Universal and leads to oki. If you do the damage ender, that specific combo doesn't work on all characters, and if you do the correct variant it will bluebeat. Not to mention that i think it is impossible after a double hammer combo, whereas the 5C, 6A will hit (with a 5B, 5C starter)

The wallbounce from backthrow not hitting on Hazama and Bang is so damn annoying.

Well, Im sure you could do some air combo variant if it was gonna get you the win to finish the combo, but a 236b would probably be best for the most part

5C > J.BC > 236B... Gets them everytime...

But yeah, I'm assuming that if you still had 1 Hammer left, you could use that to your advantage.

5C > J.C > J.D, something like that?

For the kind gent who asked about Platinum vs Arakune

Start of the game, keep on him. Dont let up, Mami Circular all day, always have a bubble out, shoot unwanted items into the sky and knock him down. Pre-Curse Arakune is incredibly bad, make sure it stays that way. Same with everyone vs Arakune. The second that game begins, dont let up, dont back off for even a second.

Sorry for the shit-Quality post, Trying out dustloop on the W7 Phone.

^True facts.

This has always been true really, and with platinums poke and J.236c its really easy to stay on him and even evade some stuff like his clouds

Is anyone else on PSN unable to get online? MvC3 was working perfectly but BBCS keeps saying "failed to restore default network settings" D:

Edit: NVM, apparently ArcSys' server couldn't handle all us BBtards rushing back to the PSN, their servers are down D:

Gonna spend some quality time with Platinum tonight (Yeah you heard me) to try and nail her down (Ok, I really didn't mean for it to sound like this) so I can use her in almost any situation.

AA needs work.

236B Spam needs work.

Bubble work.

Screw it I just need to improve everything.

I haven't played in a few days cause I'm so close to getting a 50 in halo :(

As some of you might know, I'm a pretty passive player, at least until I get some sort of read.

May Platinum also reflects that, since I feel most of the time I'm just blocking and trying to get the right item. At the moment right now, I'm having trouble pressuring people with good blockstrings, and thus my mixup is fairly weak.

I was wondering if anyone had some pretty good blockstrings in mind already that lead to some sort of mixup.

At the moment, I'm trying to do 2a, 2a, 5a, 5b, 2b 5c jump cancel swallow moon -> whiff j.c to low as a mixup, but the scary part for me is the transition from 5c to swallow moon.

Any tips on blockstrings, mixups, or anything to help Platinum get better pressure?

I'm just blocking and trying to get the right item.

When Coopa was reading through the forums he came upon a conversation between two Platinum players.

"What is the best item that Platinum has?" asked one player.

"Every item of hers is the best," replied the other player. "You cannot find any item of hers that is not the best."

At these words Coopa became enlightened.

(Yeah, I'm blatantly stealing zen koans, deal with it).

As some of you might know, I'm a pretty passive player, at least until I get some sort of read.

May Platinum also reflects that, since I feel most of the time I'm just blocking and trying to get the right item. At the moment right now, I'm having trouble pressuring people with good blockstrings, and thus my mixup is fairly weak.

I was wondering if anyone had some pretty good blockstrings in mind already that lead to some sort of mixup.

At the moment, I'm trying to do 2a, 2a, 5a, 5b, 2b 5c jump cancel swallow moon -> whiff j.c to low as a mixup, but the scary part for me is the transition from 5c to swallow moon.

Any tips on blockstrings, mixups, or anything to help Platinum get better pressure?

I was getting caught alot with Stuff > Command grab, once I find out if I can 2D over it though, I can bet Plat's aren't gonna try it TOO often on Noel :P