Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

[CS2] Platinum the General #1

the "if we're lucky" is if they decide to release plat tomorrow. it would make more sense for them to not, seeing as how their 'schedule' would be to go in order of releases, starting from when the store shut down. so, to completely break it down, it's like this;

On May 24th, April 26th contents will be added. On May 27th, May 3rd contents will be added. On May 31st, May 10th, and June 3rd, May 17th. That would, of course, fill every timeslot. And if we (NA) were originally supposed to get her on the 17th, then that would be the furthest date possible, and thus the worst case scenario once more. And so, we'd have to be incredibly lucky for Plat to be released tomorrow.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=en_US&key=tgJ927_S2Zv0MGOpcSP9x0w&hl=en_US#gid=0 posted by an anonymous japanese player, so the contents aren't entirely trustworthy. if legitimate, most of plat's matchups are uphill, but said hill isn't too steep. this matches up pretty well with what we've assumed so far.

Her lowest is 4.0 and there's only two, so that's pretty good

Then again, that might just be my Tager-scars speaking, anything above a 3 is good in his case D: (That sum of -12.5 made me a sad panda).

the stores up the 31 of this month man

Well unless they fall through again, which given their track record with this whole debacle is sadly likely, they told game devs it'd be up tomorrow

I'm willing to buy it if only because it SEEMS like Sony's got their shit together now, but we'll see tomorrow ne?

Edit: can anyone link a picture of Platinum riding her SUGOI-pony? It won't come up on google with my iPod and I'm trying to explain the ridiculousness that is Plat to one of my friends, lol

the stores up the 31 of this month man

Pardon my rage but, Where the HELL did you hear that!

Also that spreadsheet makes it sounds as if she's almost as low tier as Litchi,Bang and Tager. But I don't care she isn't anywhere as bad as CS1 Rachel.

Pardon my rage but, Where the HELL did you hear that!

Likely he's thinking of the notice put out a while back saying that functionality would be restored by May 31st at the latest. Allegedly in a message later sent to developers, Sony stated that the store would be going up on the 24th.

EDIT: If Plat's worst matchup is a 4:6, that doesn't seem to be much of a problem. In fact, Tager (now and forever) seems the only one who suffers from terribad matchups, though that particular chart doesn't put him up as poorly in some matches as I tend to see him performing. But who knows? CS2 is still young, it could turn out to be so much more broken than we think it is!

Ah I see, my bad then lol. Here's to wishing that everything goes right for us. Also I think Platinum's place is just fine for her but I do think she has the potential to go a little higher. And Makoto's matchups don't look as lopsided as I thought.

Why is everyone hyping Makoto to be so amazing? I've seen her a lot more now in CS2, and I cant really see a different in how she plays.

Hazama, Jin and Arakune are the only people that casually dish some pain out to me on the Reg. Makoto is just...I dont know, I just can't see why people say she is the equivalent to CS1 bang.

NOBODY is that strong.

Why is everyone hyping Makoto to be so amazing? I've seen her a lot more now in CS2, and I cant really see a different in how she plays.

Hazama, Jin and Arakune are the only people that casually dish some pain out to me on the Reg. Makoto is just...I dont know, I just can't see why people say she is the equivalent to CS1 bang.

NOBODY is that strong.

Amazing priority, mid-screen combos, extremely high meterless damage, good oki, great pressure, DP, gains a lot of heat, instant cross-ups, feints, good AA's and easy combos don't sound like Bang?

I almost died when I turned on my PS3 just now and it said the Network is down for "Maintenance" again. This better have something to do with putting the Store up or I'm gonna kick Sony in their babymakers... They said so on their blog but I'm trepidated to believe that because they made no mention of the Store coming back until the 31st T^T

Thank god PSN Cards don't expire (right? o~o)

And I've always hated fighting Makoto, her only real downside is her range, if you cant keep her away from you she'll inevitably bend you over and make you her bitch, and it's only gotten worse in CS2...

Touche for the two above posts.

I forgot range.

I play Hazama and Bang Mainly. And with Hazama, I usually keep my distance and only come in from a CH.

And with Bang, I do D.Nail approach.

Fair enough, my mistake.

Close Range game is good. But half time time, she is nowhere near me. Because those 2 characters have crazy good mobility.

Touche for the two above posts.

I forgot range.

I play Hazama and Bang Mainly. And with Hazama, I usually keep my distance and only come in from a CH.

And with Bang, I do D.Nail approach.

Fair enough, my mistake.

Close Range game is good. But half time time, she is nowhere near me. Because those 2 characters have crazy good mobility.

Also Hazama's pretty godly in CS2 so him and Makoto are fairly square, every time my Tager sees a Makoto online I just.. *sigh* her stupid fast A's make pressuring her SO hard >.<

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/24/playstation-network-scheduled-maintenance-today/

For those asking about the PlayStation Store, we’re still targeting restoration of all services by the end of this month. Contrary to reports, the Store will not be publishing today.

and then all previous theories were thrown out the window. so here's a couple new possibilities!

firstly, if they've been taking this time to open the store to get all content out at once, then we'd see no delay in plat. everything would be released at once, and the store would be up to date on the 31st. this is, of course, the "new" best case scenario. next, would be if on the 31st, they start the rumored 'two times a week' updating regimen, and plat is probably released around june 10th. pretty bad situation, but not the worst.

worst would be if on the 31st, the store doesn't resume. plat on psn would continue to be MIA, and nobody would be happy.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/24/playstation-network-scheduled-maintenance-today/

and then all previous theories were thrown out the window. so here's a couple new possibilities!

firstly, if they've been taking this time to open the store to get all content out at once, then we'd see no delay in plat. everything would be released at once, and the store would be up to date on the 31st. this is, of course, the "new" best case scenario. next, would be if on the 31st, they start the rumored 'two times a week' updating regimen, and plat is probably released around june 10th. pretty bad situation, but not the worst.

worst would be if on the 31st, the store doesn't resume. plat on psn would continue to be MIA, and nobody would be happy.

According to this blog post, they will update the store several times a week once it's up.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/16/psn-faq-restoration-questions-answered/

Q: The PlayStation Store hasn’t updated since April 19th. When can I download digital games that were planned to be released since then?

A: To date, three Tuesday publishes were missed, which included items like Under Siege and the MotorStorm Apocalypse demo. Rest assured that you won’t miss any of this great content. To catch up on the large amount of material, we’ll be publishing to the PlayStation Store multiple times per week once commerce functionality is restored. We will update the PlayStation.Blog with information on timing of the Store restoration, as well as the full list of new content as each publish occurs.

That's good, at least.

According to this blog post, they will update the store several times a week once it's up.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/16/psn-faq-restoration-questions-answered/

That's good, at least.

I'm not sure if that statement is valid or not, because that Q & A post was up before he speculation of the store going up today....

Eh, who knows? At this point I don't care who says what about things going up when, because it's obvious even Sony has no idea what they're talking about -.-;;

*facedesk repeatedly*

I shoulda known something was gonna fudge this up yet again. Anyway here's to playiing her in June unfortunately.

My Mami Circular goes out to all you PS3 users.

Complain or go a trading standards or something? Would be pretty funny.

Guys, we really have to get the video tutorial stuff put together. CS2 is out now, Platinum is coming to PSN soon and I think Spirit Juice wants to get the guides finished soon...