Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cirno

[CS2] Platinum the General #1

At least we're not Noel General, right guys?

I don't know, I've already posted three times here, that's more than I've ever posted in NVG as of late.

At least we're not Noel General, right guys?

You wish.

But you guys are getting there, keep up the good work :3

You wish.

But you guys are getting there, keep up the good work :3

LunaKage... I don't know what to do =/ I know that I'll anger the Plat users, but since you're here; I used to main Noel, in fact since CT, but after all the hate towards her in CS2, and feeling she was a little to easy to play, I felt guilty and started shifting all around the character roster to Tao, Lambda, Litchi, heck, even Hakumen and Carl. But I really want to get back into playing Noel again. You see... I want to use all that Noel has to offer, rather than just exhibiting the classing example of drive spamming of which I loathe, or punching out the most powerful combos only, I want people to look at her combos again and think "whoa, she can do that?!"... I'm rambling on now, but basically what are your thoughts on this?

LunaKage... I don't know what to do =/ I know that I'll anger the Plat users, but since you're here; I used to main Noel, in fact since CT, but after all the hate towards her in CS2, and feeling she was a little to easy to play, I felt guilty and started shifting all around the character roster to Tao, Lambda, Litchi, heck, even Hakumen and Carl. But I really want to get back into playing Noel again. You see... I want to use all that Noel has to offer, rather than just exhibiting the classing example of drive spamming of which I loathe, or punching out the most powerful combos only, I want people to look at her combos again and think "whoa, she can do that?!"... I'm rambling on now, but basically what are your thoughts on this?

Have no fear, because I was the exact same way, even right down to the combos thing, what came of it is my first actual sub(Makoto) since before CS2 I was just complete ass with any character but Noel. When I got depressed about her combos feeling dull and empty I reached out into the deepest parts of my soul and thought hard: "What can I do, that no one ever thinks about?" and my answer came in the form of a combo video I made myself. Noel Vermillion CS2 Combo Video: Sky.

The main point though, it doesn't matter what everyone says, the only thing that makes a character broken is the opponents, I've stomped players for free, had my fair share of glorious victories, beaten players that I could not beat in CS1 and yet, I have also been beaten to a pulp, got robbed of victories, and have even been raped for free. Point is: people are gonna hate you no matter who you play, but staying true to yourself and making an effort to show off what you can do will generate respect no matter where you are on the tier list.

what happened to playing a character for fun

what happened to playing a character for fun

XPb00.jpg

<- totally not dead, but my computer exploded so I've been without one for quite some time now =/

I play Plat for fun....and then get accused of trolling. You know what, that /facepalm.jpg represents my online experiences with Plat.

@pulsr: That sucks,at least did the explosion look cool?

<- totally not dead, but my computer exploded so I've been without one for quite some time now =/

sbemail33.PNG

Did you get over 400,000 viruses?

Have no fear, because I was the exact same way, even right down to the combos thing, what came of it is my first actual sub(Makoto) since before CS2 I was just complete ass with any character but Noel. When I got depressed about her combos feeling dull and empty I reached out into the deepest parts of my soul and thought hard: "What can I do, that no one ever thinks about?" and my answer came in the form of a combo video I made myself. Noel Vermillion CS2 Combo Video: Sky.

The main point though, it doesn't matter what everyone says, the only thing that makes a character broken is the opponents, I've stomped players for free, had my fair share of glorious victories, beaten players that I could not beat in CS1 and yet, I have also been beaten to a pulp, got robbed of victories, and have even been raped for free. Point is: people are gonna hate you no matter who you play, but staying true to yourself and making an effort to show off what you can do will generate respect no matter where you are on the tier list.

My apologies for the late reply, for some reason the topic had not updated for me yet until I actually clicked on the topic.... weird. Anywho, I won't deny, last night it wasn't that particular video which had me play Noel again, but a certain video with remixed Sonic music... That brought back good memories, as well as my good Noel memories, as cliche as it sounds. Though I must say, thank you for all your contributions, they helped greatly. Let's just say I could end a corner distortion with a chanced air grab, or I can land a 22C, which fels more satisfying XD

I'm nothing spectacular when it comes to BlazBlue, infact I'd go as far as to say I'm a scrub with a high game count, I just like to have fun now and that's all that matters to me. Yes, seeing a high damage number will make you gurgle in the bask of numerical goodness, but back in CS1 with Makoto, seeing something like j.623C-D(whiff) be combo'd is much, much more satisfying and beautiful to watch.

So I've heard that a rebalance is coming to the arcade version next winter. If there is then I hope Platinum doesn't get a nerf piano dropped on her. Because for once I can say I actually LOVE a character in this game's cast and seeing her nerfed hard would be a bullet to the head to me.

My apologies for the late reply, for some reason the topic had not updated for me yet until I actually clicked on the topic.... weird. Anywho, I won't deny, last night it wasn't that particular video which had me play Noel again, but a certain video with remixed Sonic music... That brought back good memories, as well as my good Noel memories, as cliche as it sounds. Though I must say, thank you for all your contributions, they helped greatly. Let's just say I could end a corner distortion with a chanced air grab, or I can land a 22C, which fels more satisfying XD

I'm nothing spectacular when it comes to BlazBlue, infact I'd go as far as to say I'm a scrub with a high game count, I just like to have fun now and that's all that matters to me. Yes, seeing a high damage number will make you gurgle in the bask of numerical goodness, but back in CS1 with Makoto, seeing something like j.623C-D(whiff) be combo'd is much, much more satisfying and beautiful to watch.

Remixed Sonic Music?

You mean this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNybY6GEHKI&feature=channel_video_title

Which I also made :3