Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophisticat

[CS2] Hakumen Combo Guide

Good luck with that. I know for sure it works anywhere on the screen, but not when you're going towards the corner and are very near to the point where you can hop 2C instead. Hopefully it's universal on all characters, it'd give Haku an overhead that leads to a combo that hurts, has good carry, and make his mixup a bit scarier. And is burst safe (at least the initial hit)!

Oh, those Hotaru combos work and are universal (FC version is 3360 for 2 stars, Non-CH is 3369 for 3 stars), I just have a liking for Hotaru, that's all.

For the purpose of an overhead with nice corner carry, I like your combo. The only problem is that I can only get it to work on Tager and Rachel (probably because of execution) on a regular hit but it seems to work on a good number of people on CH like Spark said. However, you can get it to work on everyone (on normal hit) if you hit them in the air, so that's a plus. Got to go into the lab more for some stuff.

EDIT: It works anywhere, but you may have to replace hop 2C with hop 5B if you're too far from the corner. The trick is to do j.C close to the other character, so the Gurren can hit in time.

Sorry guys, I haven't kept up with this thread much. Life's taken over basically and I barely play BB these days. I did switch to Valk for a couple weeks, but I think I'll be double-maining both Haku and Valk since I like e'm both. CS2 Haku just doesn't click with me so I should hopefully be back with him when CS3 comes out if they fix what's aggravating about him. Anyway, do what you guys want with the first post; I just ain't around enough anymore to take of it properly. :\

A word about dmg/star gain values, though: they're actually irrelevant. Once you know your combo paths to cover all situations, they should be optimal. And if they're optimal, then... dmg/star gain doesn't matter because they're already the best values you can get and the only ones worth knowing. The ability to calculate the opponent's remaining health is, imo, much more important since you'll eventually gain an intuitive notion of Haku's dmg output. But if you guys insist on having these values up, then knock yourselves out. I leave the OP in your hands. :)

(3) Hop Tsubaki> IAD j2C> land 5B/5C > forward j.2A> AD j.2A > j.C

Damage: ~3900 with 5C, ~3700 with 5B, very little meter regained

You mean 2c, not 5c, right? In which case the damage is a flat 3900 (>ヮ<) .

The damage on the second combo is 3712 and you get about 3/8 (.375) of a magatama back.

Odd, I thought it was 3721 (O_o) .

The second combo is character specific, unless it's CH then I think it works on everyone.

Current list of characters I wasn't able to get it to land on: Carl, Bang, Litchi, and Mu-12. If I got it to land on Lamda-11 does that mean we can assume it works for Mu-12 as well (they look like they have similar hitboxes and all (>_>) )? I don't trust my execution to be any deciding factor.

If it's Counter Hit the opponent seems to get hit farther back/slide more, so you should stick with 2c. Even with Counter Hit, the combo still doesn't work on Carl. His hitbox is too small (ಠ_ಠ) .

A word about dmg/star gain values, though: they're actually irrelevant. Once you know your combo paths to cover all situations, they should be optimal. And if they're optimal, then... dmg/star gain doesn't matter because they're already the best values you can get and the only ones worth knowing. The ability to calculate the opponent's remaining health is, imo, much more important since you'll eventually gain an intuitive notion of Haku's dmg output. But if you guys insist on having these values up, then knock yourselves out. I leave the OP in your hands. :)

I think the idea of putting them up is for people who don't know anything about the damage or magatama regained value to get a general idea about it all. That being said, I can go add in Magitama regained for each combo if we want to keep on using the current combo list. I have some free time this weekend.

Oh and what's wrong with using (4) Zantetsu -> Gurren -> Juggle (3803), or if you're close enough (4) Zantetsu -> 5c -> Gurren -> Juggle (4160), as a midscreen overhead? You still get good carry from midscreen (about 2 hops away from corner if you end with 6c, 1 hop if you don't).

Just a mass response:

1.) It is 3721, I got the last two numbers backwards.

2.) Damage Values and Meter Gain is important to have because these may not still be truly optimal. Also, having multiple routes and difficulties can give players different ways to go if these are too difficult or to find something new about said combo.

3.) The Zantetsu combos you noted take 4 magatama when the other one takes three.

Just a mass response:

3.) The Zantetsu combos you noted take 4 magatama when the other one takes three.

Yeah, that's true. I guess to me, anything over 2 magatama midscreen is inefficient and therefore if I'm going for it, I'll just do whatever I know I can do. That's probably the wrong mindset >_> .

Does anybody know of any situation where you would tack on j.2a -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.c inbetween a j.c and 5c for more damage? Something like 5c -> Dustloop -> j.2a -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.c -> 5c -> 3c (3741) . But in that situation you could do 5c -> Enma -> j.2c -> 2c -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.2c -> 2c -> sj.2a -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.c -> 5c -> 3c (3904). "Is it still useful?" is what I'm asking since I don't see it used at all anymore and anytime I try and throw it in, the opponent techs before the 5c can land.

Congratulations, Hop Tsubaki> IAD j2C works on everyone!! There's a catch, though: On some specific characters, you'd need to delay hop tsubaki so that you'd do it in the last frames of the hop. The characters are: Lambda, Carl, Mu, Litchi and Arakune. On the rest (not counting Platinum, since I didn't buy him/her), it works whether or not you delay hop tsubaki or not, but delaying has the benefit of adding a bit of a bigger window for inputting j2C. So just delay the hop tsubaki for all.

Now, I need to get a prosthetic hand. Or maybe a fighting stick. Doing all this testing on pad is merciless.

Does anybody know of any situation where you would tack on j.2a -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.c inbetween a j.c and 5c for more damage? Something like 5c -> Dustloop -> j.2a -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.c -> 5c -> 3c (3741) . But in that situation you could do 5c -> Enma -> j.2c -> 2c -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.2c -> 2c -> sj.2a -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.c -> 5c -> 3c (3904). "Is it still useful?" is what I'm asking since I don't see it used at all anymore and anytime I try and throw it in, the opponent techs before the 5c can land.

I only use it when I can't do j.2A > AD > j.2A > j.2C > 2C. So off like 5A > 5B > 623AA or 2A > 2B > 623AA and so on.

Is it worth to combo off 2A > 2B, or 2B > etc? I noticed in the EVO videos whenever you landed a CH 2B during pressure you just ended it in 3C. Normally I'd go into 2B > 623AA > etc., whenever I landed it, but I can see you might want to go for the big damage combos instead. I tend to just chip away at them with pokes into 2k combos over and over. I've been trying to work the more damaging combos into my game as well though (outside of corner combos which already were easy).

Congratulations, Hop Tsubaki> IAD j2C works on everyone!! There's a catch, though: On some specific characters, you'd need to delay hop tsubaki so that you'd do it in the last frames of the hop. The characters are: Lambda, Carl, Mu, Litchi and Arakune. On the rest (not counting Platinum, since I didn't buy him/her), it works whether or not you delay hop tsubaki or not, but delaying has the benefit of adding a bit of a bigger window for inputting j2C. So just delay the hop tsubaki for all.

So it does work on the rest, it's just really hard to do on pad. Can't say I didn't see that one coming, the "it being hard on pad part", not the "it being universal part". Good to hear that we have something better than Zantetsu midscreen. Guess I'll just go back to waiting for my Hitbox to get made, I mean practicing other stuff orz .

I only use it when I can't do j.2A > AD > j.2A > j.2C > 2C. So off like 5A > 5B > 623AA or 2A > 2B > 623AA and so on.

Hmm, I see. Good to know that you should be using it for those cases. I guess it's what should be used when the starter is too weak (proration is too weak(?)) and so you can't do the normal Corner Loop stuff (modified (j.2A > AD > j.2A > j.2C > 2C-> sj.2a -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.c -> 5c -> 3c) and unmodified).

Main reason to get a stick is because it saves you from destroying your hands! My hands would hurt from from extended play of blazblue then I switched to a stick and I do not feel that pain anymore.

Is it worth to combo off 2A > 2B, or 2B > etc? I noticed in the EVO videos whenever you landed a CH 2B during pressure you just ended it in 3C. Normally I'd go into 2B > 623AA > etc., whenever I landed it, but I can see you might want to go for the big damage combos instead. I tend to just chip away at them with pokes into 2k combos over and over. I've been trying to work the more damaging combos into my game as well though (outside of corner combos which already were easy).

If you're near the corner you should be able to make the 2 stars back if you do the 623AA combo with the j.C > land > jump > j.2A > j.2A > AD > j.2A > j.C > 5C > 3C ender. It's annoying to do the standing vs crouching confirm combo so I just do 3C on CH cause I'm lazy. Though I guess on CH it doesn't matter if they're standing or crouching.

Zanshin combos with Tsubaki taken from the Jin & Hakumen combo video in the Video Thread (link) :

From my testing, they cannot be done from 50% screen length. You need to be a bit closer than that, probably about 40% screen length.

(3) 5d -> 2c -> j.b -> Tsubaki(j.214c) -> AD j.2c -> 2c-> j.2a -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.c -> 5c -> 3c (3433) (return 2.3 magatama/overall -0.7)

(3) 6d -> sj.2c -> 2c -> j.b -> Tsubaki(j.214c) -> AD j.2c -> 2c-> j.2a -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.c -> 5c -> 3c (3537) (return 2.7 magatama/overall -0.3)

(3) 2d -> DELAY 2c -> j.b -> Tsubaki(j.214c) -> AD j.2c -> 2c-> j.2a -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.c -> 5c -> 3c (3133) (return 2.4 magatama/overall -0.6)

(3) 2d -> j.2c -> Tsubaki(j.214c) -> AD j.2c -> 2c-> j.2a -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.c -> 5c -> 3c (3202) (return 2.3 magatama/overall -0.7)

(3) 2d -> HOP or TK Tsubaki(j.214c) -> IAD j.2c -> 2c -> j.2a -> j.2c -> 2c -> j.2a -> j.2a -> AD j.2a -> j.c -> 5c -> 3c (3364) (return 2.6 magatama/overall -0.4)

6d being awesome, as usual (─▽─) .

What do you guys think? If you can counter well, I think it's worth it seeing as you get: decent damage, most of your magatama back, and you've put your opponent in the corner from a good distance away.

I feel like it's good to be able to get commanding damage if you need/want it, but the ever-looming issue of the meter being better spent elsewhere is always present. Regardless, I was interested by the video plan to play with these a little!

Imo, not worth it to spend on counters. Go for 1s or meterless and you'll still have decent carry for decent dmg. More stars than than and it's a waste. You're better off keeping big dmg spending for the corner, off a good starter or when they're getting low on hp.

I guess another thing to consider is whether or not it's easier or safer to use the extra magatama for guaranteed corner carry vs not using it in return for meter gain and a midscreen setup or midscreen carry. Kinda like, you might be more inclined to use it on Taokaka since it's hard enough landing a hit on her as is, that you would want to bring her to the corner as soon as possible and work from there instead of somewhere close to the corner but not.

Just a quick question but what is Hakumen's STRONGEST combo. Doesn't matter if its character specific, uses 2 gold burst or even a whole bunch of magatama.

Probably this combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnLanrpYLF4#t=1m18s (11018) which will kill everyone except Bang, Jin, Hakumen, and Tager.

Best non-Mugen combo I could come up with:

(8) Level 3 charge 6c -> Gold Burst x2 -> 5c -> 5c -> Renka(1)(236b) -> Kishuu(623a) -> 2c -> Hotaru(214b) -> JC(Jump Cancel) -> J.2c -> 5c -> 2c -> J.b -> Tsubaki(J.214c) -> AD J.2c -> 2c -> SJ.2a -> J.2c -> 2c -> SJ.2a -> J.2c -> 2c -> SJ.2a -> AD J.2a -> J.c -> 5c -> Gurren(214a) -> 5c -> 3c (10547)

Hmm... Since I'm posting here more often now, I might update the first post unless ya'll have something else in mind? I'll clean up the OP a bit to remove outdated combos and add in the more common ones being used right now.