Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Final Ultima

[CS2] Ragna Combos Thread

TK GH link is good, however It wont work from a starting 6B, horrible P1, the dummy will recover right before the deadspike.

It works from a j.C combo on crouching opponent tho.

So I'm seeing a bunch of combos use 5B > 6A > GH > land, whatever, and some of them have just been notated as 214B... Now, do you always need to make it a tk GH? 'Cos looking at the frame data, seems like only air GH should work... Or do you end up hitting late enough with the ground version that you can link the 5B or 5A afterwards?

they float high enough so you can follow up with 5A, 6A>tk gh>5b works on some chars

So I'm seeing a bunch of combos use 5B > 6A > GH > land, whatever, and some of them have just been notated as 214B... Now, do you always need to make it a tk GH? 'Cos looking at the frame data, seems like only air GH should work... Or do you end up hitting late enough with the ground version that you can link the 5B or 5A afterwards?

For practicality/reliability use 5B 6A 214B 5A...

Hits on everyone except Tager, theres a special and better BnB version for him.

for 5B 6A j.214B 5B... you need to delay the GH abit, so the 6A may put the opponent higher and land fast enough for the 5B.

Tip: To tighten the link, press and hold 5B after TK GH so advance input may kick-in. Believe me, it helps alot.

Yeah, 'course I'd try to buffer it.

So if I'm in range to do 5B > 6A, then is a GH > 5A or j.214B > 5B combo giving me more damage than a 5B 6A > j.C j.D j.C j.D D Inferno Divider combo? Midscreen, I mean. And if I'm choosing between them, it's better to learn the harder tk GH combos, right?

On a final note, if I just do it as 2147B, does that work? Or do I want a forward or neutral jump? Or does it have to be delayed enough that by the time I've hit B the 214 has expired?

Man, when I get back to my console, I am gonna learn such sick combos...

Yeah, those combos are better Bnbs in general, though they dont work on everyone, so if you forget if it may hit or not, stick to the easy BnB.

And you should do 6A 8(Neutral jump) then 214B, because it takes sometime to jump cancel.

regular generic ct combo nets like 2.3k and 20 meter, 5B>6A>214B>5A>5C>5D(2)>DC>5C>6A>hj.C>j.D>DIDkick = 2.7k and 33 meter gain and carries like 3x farther

ehhh i posted this stuff like wayyyyy back in the other thread....someone go dig it up and copy paste it or something, im too lazy

Its right there, on the main page.

Neither version gonna work on Litchi...

Hell, I think thats the best the Bnbs can get on midscreen.

Later I gotta try a dash 5A 5B 5D(1) 214D dash 5C version. IIRC it wasnt working on eveyone because I was dashing too fast, so the 5C whiffed.

TK GH Combos

TK GH, dash 5A, 5C, 5D DC, 5B, 5D(1), 214D, dash 5C, hj.C, j.D, j.C, j.D, DIDkick 3.4-3.6K 38-41MG works on everyone except jin(replace dash 5A, 5C with dash 2A, 5C) and bang(replace dash 5A, 5C with dash 5A, 5B)

P2 to corner

TK GH, (dash) 5A, 5C, hj.C, j.D, j.C, 214C, dash 5C, 5D(1), 214D, 5D, CIDpunch, dash 3C, HF/22C HF:3.8K 52MG 22C:4.1K 43MG dash is optional against everyone except carl, plat, tao, and makoto, do not dash against bang, on jin replace (dash) 5A, 5C with (dash) 2A, 5C

So when I hit with 5B, I should pretty much be doing either 5C, Hell's Fang, or 6A GH et cetera, right?

That is, unless I hit a crouching opponent decently close, in which case I should go 5C 6C dash cancel blah blah... Right? Or maybe 2C 6C? Does 2C have less pushback?

Sorry, I don't have my console right now, so I'm just sort of... Trying to get as much info as I can while I'm away.

That would depend how close your 5B is, from closest to far do either:

5B 5C 6A stuff

5B 6A stuff

5B 5C 3C Hells

5B 5C Hells

Dont forget you can replace Hell's with D inferno divider+wallbound If you're near the corner, nets better combos.

And yes, you should always aim for the highest damage possible in a given situation.

Another thing, about 6A j.214B. If you're having any problems to link 5B afterwards, try 6A 29(High Jump) [wait] 214B. I believe this is the only way to combo on Hazama.

That combo is pure love, Dio.

Alright guys, came up with this "new" Fatal Counter combo, should work on the whole "FC dash 5A'able" crew.

As of today, its the most damaging meterless FC ever... kinda impractical too, BUT dont forget our motto.

P1/P2 starting position to corner and corner combo

FC 2C 214D (dash) 2C 5C 6C (DC) 6D (JC) j.C 214C delay 5C 5D (DC) 3C 22C dash 5A 5B 5C 623D~WallBound reverse 3C/(reverse)5D 22C

Damage:6076 Heatgain:58

- 5D version Damage:6091 Heatgain:60

Notes:

-Works on Ragna, Taokaka, Rachel, Tager, Bang, Haku-Men, Λ-11-, Hazama, μ-12- and Makoto. Against Tager, you do not need to dash after the 22C AAAAAND, contrary to the popular belief it works on Jin.

-Dash 2C is required midscreen, and in the corner for some characters. Thats a 1 frame-link btw.

-Reverse 5D only tested on Hazama and Tager,extra 15 dmg not worth for the hassle.

Occurrences:

-On Bang after [22C dash 5A 5B 5C], Inferno Divider may entirely whiff, to remedy this let the dash momentum throw you closer(dash delay 5A), or just do 5A 5B or 5A 5C then 623D, but the combo wont get past 6k D:

-Rachel, Inferno Divider will hit once. Do the above again, delay the 5A post dash.

-Makoto/Jin, dash 5A whiffs. Again, aforementioned method will fix the issue. On these, the link will become 1 frame again because you need 1 frame for the dashing momentum.

Thats pretty much it. Its entirely dial-a-combo except for [214D dash 2C], which is a very hard link, and some characters specifics.

P1 Starting Position to Corner Combo

Fatal Counter Combo

FC 2C, 214D, dash 2C, 5C (JC), delay j.C, delay j.D, dash 5B, 2D, 22C, dash 5A, 2C, 5C, 6C (DC), 6D (JC), j.C, j.214C, delay 5C, 5D, 623D -> 236C -> 236C, (dash under) 5D, 22C

Damage: 6124, Heat Gain: 68 (goddamn)

Notes: Tager only. If the opponent is in the corner, you do not have to dash for the 2C after 214D. If you do not dash however, you must delay the j.C and j.D longer so that the j.D hits lower, as j.D's hitbox will not clip a recoiling Tager's head from that distance.

FC 2C>6D>delay j.D>dash 5C>6C>DC>6D>JC>j.C>BE>(dash) 5C>5D1>DS>5C>5D2>DC>3C>22C>dash 5A>5B>5C>DID2punch>5D2>22C = 6224 dmg 68 meter, works from like exactly midscreen

So I've been messing around with Ragna more lately and I've been wondering if the combo I came up with off of corner TK Gauntlet Hades is actually any good or not.

TK GH>Land>2A>5C>5D(1)>Dead Spike>5C(SJC)>j.C>j.D>dj.C>dj.D>Belial Edge>Dash 2C>5D(2)>C Inferno Divider>Upper>Punch>Dash Under 3C>22C

Damage: 4472 Heat Gained: 49

I noticed 2A links on everyone assuming the GH was low enough at the start on accident one day in Training Mode so I decided to see what I could get off of it and compare it to the standard TK j.214B>Delayed 214D>sj.C>dj.C etc etc combos and to me, this is way easier and it got more damage and a bit more meter than what I had already done.

So my main question is how close to optimized is this?? Are there any other ways to follow this up that are more beneficial?

this is actually a prety old combo.....but you can do 5A and DID instead on some chars for little more dmg and meter

Occam's Razor rules on Ragna. The simplest/least complex combo will usually be the best possible.

I was trying to top off the best meterless and came to weird and situational stuff like this:

Hell's Fang, Tsuika(CH) -gets hit- dash 6C (DC) delay 6D (JC) j.C 214C 5C 5D(1) 214D 5C 5D (DC) 3C 22C dash 5A 5B 5C 623D~Wallbound 5D 22C

Nets 6.2~6.3k dmg I believe, didnt bother to check heat gain though.

this is actually a prety old combo.....but you can do 5A and DID instead on some chars for little more dmg and meter

Actually, what Orion doesn't mention is that he used CID(2). If you use DID(2) the combo blue beats. If you use DID(1) it does less Dmg and gains less meter. That may be optimized.

EDIT: Unless there are some characters where the DID(2) will work. Are there xlolxlolx?

Also, have you guys found anything better than this for the people that are dash 5A-able?

TK GH > Land > 5A > 5C > 5D (1) > DS > 5C (JC) > j.C > j.D > BE > 5D(2) (DC) > 3C > 22C >dash > 5A > 5B > 5C > DID (1) > 236C > 236C > dash under > 3C > 22C

Dmg 4832 Meter 51

Dash Under 5D does not work here.

So I was messing around with 5B > 6A in the corner and came up with:

5B 6A sj.C j.D dj.C dj.D Belial Edge 5D (1) Dead Spike 5D Hell's Fang > Tsuika for ~3200 damage plus builds meter. Maybe you could replace the Hell's Fang with CID dash under 3C nonsense? You might still be able to get Hell's Fang then. Or 22C for loads of damage.

Tested on Lambda, BTW.