Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soniti

SBO 2011 Qualified Players

BBCS2 is a 1v1 tournament this year. These are the players qualified thus far. Results are from http://www.tougeki.com/schedule?game_id=bbcs2&result=1. The red labels are block finals, aka the real spots.

Block-Spot #: Player (Character) [link(s)]

A-1: R-1 (Takahashi) (Noel) [link]

A-2: Dora "Kantou kara jyu-sudai harai ni kita/I came from Kantou to pay for the juice" (Bang) [link]

A-3: F (Lambda) [link]

A-4: Senchou (Valkenhayn) [link]

B-1: Konan (Tsubaki) [link]

B-2: Kyaku (Carl) [link]

B-3: Keita (Makoto) [link]

B-4: A92 (Hakumen) [link]

B-5: Kazuhira (Taokaka) [link]

B-6: Tetsuwo (Jin) [link]

B-7: Goro (Makoto) [link]

B-8: Akira (aka Kawin) (Tager) [link]

C-1: Izayoi Matoi (Taokaka) [link]

C-2: R-2 (Noel) [link]

C-3: Yoshiki "Nao-san Aishiteru" (Lambda) [link]

C-4: Mame "Doritos" (Makoto) [link]

C-5: Nagakura (Carl) [link]

D-1: Nezu (Bang) [link]

D-2: Galileo (Litchi) [link]

D-3: Tsukasa (Lambda) [link]

E-1: Eruo (Jin) [link]

E-2: Aoi (Hazama) [link]

E-3: Kiabui (Lambda) [link]

F-1: Joker (Valkenhayn) [link]

F-2: Wataru (Makoto) [link]

F-3: Ryouta (Makoto [link]

F-4: Mio (Litchi) [link]

Foreign spots:

?-? (France): Skyll (Ragna)

?-? (Hong Kong): SK (Valkenhayn)

?-? (US, PZ): Hsien Chang (Ragna)

Noteworthy players that took 2nd place at one or more block finals without qualifying:

Tsujikawa (Makoto) Twice!

Fio (Litchi)

Isa (Makoto)

Kazu (Tsubaki)

Character count

5: Makoto

4: Lambda

3: Valkenhayn

2: Jin, Noel, Taokaka, Litchi, Bang, Carl, Ragna

1: Tager, Hakumen, Tsubaki, Hazama

0: Rachel, Arakune, Mu, Platinum

E block area is Chugoku+Shikoku regions. E-1 block in particular is the Okayama prefecture area.

F-2 block qualified player is Wataru (Makoto).

If Soniti doesn't mind I can help with the tournament coverage, I'm already doing it extensively at the italian community forum (here) with red ticket and blue ticket qualifiers updated with results and location of each arcade center.

What happened to buppa? he qualified first last yr but I don't even see him try on local qualifiers

No idea...

the qualifiers in Chiba prefecture (where Buppa hangs around, it's the area of Roppou Game Chariot and Anesaki Game Chariot arcades) have already been played, it's the block that Keita has won.

Tetsuwo won a local qualifier on Block B-5, but as we already know the block final was won by Kazuhira.

yea, anyone know where to buy the 2010 GG DVD?

BTW where is the list of games that will be played this year?

EDIT: Wait are you kidding me? SSFIV, Aqua, SF2, & BB? That's it? No GG or 3S?

Tetsuwo won a local qualifier on Block B-5, but as we already know the block final was won by Kazuhira.

oh right, how do I miss that...., and I hope buppa will enter...

oh right, how do I miss that...., and I hope buppa will enter...

He might have entered for the B-3 qualifiers and simply couldn't win a local qualifier for all we know, afterall it's in his area and it would be weird if he hadn't tried. Chiba prefecture has plenty of big names playing, it's not like he had a guaranteed chance to make it through...

Look at Tsujikawa, he's already tried twice and failed at winning one of the block finals. Izayoi Matoi even traveled to (E block area) Chugoku region to try again after having failed for C-2 block (Kansai area) and yet couldn't win the E-1 qualifier (won by Eruo).

Players who appeared to be strong candidates in the end are facing difficulties because the overall level is pretty damn high and CS2 so far seems to be a more balanced game.

Moreover the 1v1 format is pretty unforgiving, and I agree with the local players who complained saying that the tournament organization should have made it 2v2 or 3v3 instead. With the 1v1 format areas like the Kantou, Kansai and Chubu region are going to become a true warzone since the majority of the top players play in these regions and the qualifying spots are limited. A lot of big names won't likely make it because they'll be eliminating each other.

It's also pretty ironic that the first players who qualified for Kantou region (B block area) are Keita and Kazuhira, who despite both being really good they were usually considered to be sort of underdogs compared to the plethora of other big notorious players who were almost given for granted to qualify (Goro, Buppa, Fumo, Dora, Ren, Dio, Kyaku etc)

yea, anyone know where to buy the 2010 GG DVD?

BTW where is the list of games that will be played this year?

EDIT: Wait are you kidding me? SSFIV, Aqua, SF2, & BB? That's it? No GG or 3S?

From what I recall reading months ago they are holding a separate event for these games, like some sort of side tournament.

I see.. .yea it is pretty tough.

I think they should make it double elim instead of single elim if it's 1on1 but oh whatever lolololo, Japan is Japan rofl

Current list of qualified players for the national finals:

Kantou Region

B-1: Konan (Tsubaki)

B-3: Keita (Makoto)

B-5: Kazuhira (Taokaka)

Chubu Region

C-2: R-2 (Noel)

C-3: Yoshiki (Lambda) (Nao-san Aishiteru = Yoshiki)

Kansai/Kinki Region

D-2: Galileo (Litchi)

Chuugoku/Shikoku Region

E-1: Eruo (Jin)

E-3: Kiabui (Lambda)

Kyushu/Okinawa Region

F-2: Wataru (Makoto)

Spot B-6 is likely going to be toughest one for Kantou area. Also a couple of qualifiers between Kansai and Chubu areas are going to overlap, things might get even harder for Tsujikawa and other top players who hang around both regions.

Ronove, what is your source for that list? I updated the first post with everything on the SBO website.

edit: nvm i guess the results ninja'd their way in among the existing ones

->First post updated. Sorry about the delay guys, I was moving back to SoCal for the summer.

Ronove, what is your source for that list? I updated the first post with everything on the SBO website.

edit: nvm i guess the results ninja'd their way in among the existing ones

->First post updated. Sorry about the delay guys, I was moving back to SoCal for the summer.

My source is the japanese BBS, and of course Tougeki's website. But sometimes at Tougeki's website they're slow with the updates and they often tend to forget to post a couple of results.

Ok. Last year, I spent lots of time browsing JBBS for results before Tougeki updated their site, but this year I don't think I will have much time for that. If you are willing to post in the thread w/ JBBS updates, that would be appreciated!

The one on Ronove Italian forum.

That's because the Tougeki website hasn't posted the result yet. I got it from the japanese BBS.