Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soniti

SBO 2011 Qualified Players

Wat..., blasphemy ...., how did I miss that....

so maybe I was wrong..., there's no more archive for SBO 2010 photos..., but I think this is 2 different person because PSR wise there's already Eruo Jin since BBCS1.

Not sure same person or not

His face looks damn familiar though, Browsed the sbo2010 site alot back then. So idunno, maybe its him maybe its not and what psr are you talking about in cs1 D:

Update:

Block B-2: Kyaku (Carl)

Block C-1: Izayoi Matoi (Taokaka)

Block B-2 was quite the show of the big guns, Kyaku came on top in a block where the opponents were Fumo, Isa, Goro, R-1, H.H and Kouya. Mad props to him.

As usual the full results and coverage of each local qualifier can be found here: http://arcade-extreme.forumfree.it/?t=55676254#entry454693181

Last year was 2v2 wasn't it?

I thought u were asking about SPOT... AFAIK the # of spots are the same. We have 1/2 the size of the player that will qualify because it is single this year.

Updated with Nezu Bang and Senchou Valkenhayn. 2 more results to come once they are reported to the Tougeki site.

Block C-5: Nagakura (Carl)

In regards of Block B-7... it was initially reported on the jBBS that Dora apparently won the qualifier final but it was corrected by others saying that Goro did win it. I guess in this case we'd better wait for the official results at the Tougeki website to show up.

Other things worth mentioning:

- Isa apparently showed up at a local qualifier in the Hokkaido region, and won. For those of you who are not familiar with Japan's geography, it's the big island located at the north of the country. While we don't know his motives for being there (family? vacation?) we do know that Hokkaido could be considered a convenient place to easily qualify compared to tough regions like Kantou, Kansai and Chubu. Ironically though it was a local Valkenhayn player who won the blue ticket final, and not Isa.

- The number of Tsubaki players winning red ticket local qualifiers has been increasing, meaning the character can effectively be considered among those able to actually be decisive at tournament level.

- We have the first Ragna to have won a red ticket local qualifier: Kuma in block C-4. So far he's the only Ragna player in the whole country who has a chance to try and win a blue ticket.

- No Platinum players have managed to even win a local qualifier.

B-8 results have been officially confirmed, it's Goro (Makoto) who won the blue ticket.

Patiently waiting for Kaqn :/

It's going to be hard for him to qualify, in block B there are only 3 spots left and the closest one (assuming he lives somewhere in Chiba) is at Tokyo City's B-6 qualifier at Shinjuku/Ikebukuro districts. Block B-6 is also going to be the last available spot for Kantou region, which means it'll be packed with tough players who couldn't yet qualify, given this year's format (single instead of team tourney).

This reasoning sort of applies to other notorious names like Tsujikawa. Chubu and Kansai both have one spot left, if Tsujikawa is looking to qualify it's not going to be a walk in the park at all.

Ronove, did they announce the date yet for SBO?

I heard it was going to be the same weekend as the TGS? Is this just a rumor?

There is no official date yet, all we know is that they're going to host it in September. As for that rumour, I can't find anything about it on the jBBS tougeki thread but it wouldn't be weird if they actually hosted the finals during that week.

Added C-5 Nagakura Carl and E-2 Aoi Hazama.

Waiting on 2 more results from this weekend to be posted to the SBO site.

News from the French SBO qualifier: Skyll (Ragna) won, but it'll probably soon be posted on the SBO site itself.

Foreign qualifiers aren't usually posted to the official web site, so I'll go ahead and add it to the first post if you are sure.

Out of curiosity, was that held on a Taito X2 BBCS2 cab? How many of those are in France?

I have the news from this site: http://www.hitcombo.com/1news/skyll-remporte-le-tournoi-qualificatif-tougeki-bbcs2-resultats/

I wasn't there myself, but I trust this site :) There is an error on there though. Overgames (RG) got 3rd place. They just made a copy and paste error from a forum post: http://console-league.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=472&t=11801&start=20

Yeah it was done on an arcade cabinet. As far as I know there is only in France. It's located in the versus dojo arcade (site here btw: http://versusdojo.com/).