Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ky-Sama

GGAC Side Tourney(s) @ Evo2k11 - Singles @ Fri 3PM & 3v3 Teams (after singles)

Fuck yeah Guilty Beer: Alcoholic Core tournament!

^

LOL, you guys should make it round-robin, to see which "old man" can keep up the longest, JK...

On a serious note, we are thinking of starting the SINGLES TOURNAMENT at 1:00PM or 2:00PM, on Saturday (which might be on the same day as BBCS2, and IIRC BB & GG have ran on the same days/back-to-back at VARIOUS tournaments, including majors), to allow people to show up before it becomes later in the afternoon/to allow enough time for teams to run and finish before the venue closes. However, because some people will bring their own TVs (including us), we can finish teams in someone's room, if we HAVE TO... Please let me know if any of this is a problem, again, I/we will let the EVO staff know so that they will not turn off the TVs like they did last year <3

So far, 2pm on Sat doesn't sound too bad! I read that the official schedule for EVO times will be released a week before the event.

Oh! And put me down for 2 Tvs. Pretty sure i'll be bringing two, but i'll let you know if anything changes otherwise!

So far, 2pm on Sat doesn't sound too bad! I read that the official schedule for EVO times will be released a week before the event.

Oh! And put me down for 2 Tvs. Pretty sure i'll be bringing two, but i'll let you know if anything changes otherwise!

I know that no one likes "early" tournaments, but it always takes everyone a while to show up/sign-up, so if we want to sucessfully run TWO tournaments, we need to make it earlier, like they did at Seasons Beatings (noon, IIRC). You are correct, the schedule will not be released until a week before, which is why we are tentatively saying 1PM or 2PM-- just to give everyone an idea. Also, most of the time, GG tournaments take place on Saturdays (which the community seems to prefer, IMO), and I assume that most of us will be in Friday pools, anyway (SSF4, MvC3? On the SRK podcast, they said due to MvC3 & SSF4's expected numbers, they will run on Friday, most likely)...

Thank you so much, updated <3

Ray: Do you want me to put you down for teams as well??

Thank you, you are added <3 Please spread the word if you can-- it is a good experience and you might do better than you think!

Lina, I'm down for teams, but I don't really know how it works. Like I don't really have any players in mind, but I am willing to show up and be like "Ok who needs another player?" lol. Btw are there no repeatable characters?

Lina, I'm down for teams, but I don't really know how it works. Like I don't really have any players in mind, but I am willing to show up and be like "Ok who needs another player?" lol. Btw are there no repeatable characters?

Quoted from first post:

Rules:

- Each player MUST use same character for the entire duration of the tournament, players are not allowed to use the same character as their team member(s)-- Ex: Slayer/Testament/Slayer, etc.

- After team member loses match, next team member plays.

- No EX, gold, or shadow characters.

- Kliff and Justice are banned.

- Button mapping is allowed.

Unfortunately, you can't use the same character as your team member -- that's how it is at every GG tourney... but you're good with both A.B.A and Millia, so shouldn't have a problem finding a team mate..

Yeah, asking around is what alot of people usually do; but I think it would be easier for people to try to preassemble a team (like Mac, Hellmonkey and MikeZ did), but that really depends if you know people (maybe you can team up with Spiteful if he goes).

<3

Oh whoops, sorry I should have read the first post again. An ahhh that sucks. I wanna be able to switch to slayer if I face a baiken haha. Understandable though,

Also, I kinda wanna just wait until EVO and just ask around, I think it's more exciting that way. I'll play with anyone, I don't care.

Dude hella posts up in here hahaha. I'm down for old man tournament. I'm taking you all down with me when I go down!

Team Korea! Woot!

Tae Seong Kim - Tacoma, WA

Woki - Tacoma, WA

Wuku - Bellevue, WA

So are you guys teaming up together (should I add you to teams)? <3 Regardless, thank you for signing up!

Good luck, everyone.

Teyah's rolling down to Evo with the Calgary group.

There should be about 7-8 of us from Calgary entering. Will have a complete list later in the week/month.

So are things looking any better for you gentlemen, or is it still too early to tell? I hope all goes well for you guys...

So are you guys teaming up together (should I add you to teams)? <3 Regardless, thank you for signing up!

Yup. Add us as one team. Unsure, if woki or wuku will do singles.

Definitely there. I'm also looking for a team who wants to adopt a crafty testament :)

One question, I'm bringing to EVO an HRAP3 stick will u guys be able to share your ps2 sticks for the tournaments?

I'm coming all the way from Israel for this so it's hassle just to bring that HRAP3.

BUT. If anyone is interested I'm selling a Namco arcade stick for the ps1 in the original box NEVER BEEN OPENED.

Definitely there. I'm also looking for a team who wants to adopt a crafty testament :)

One question, I'm bringing to EVO an HRAP3 stick will u guys be able to share your ps2 sticks for the tournaments?

I'm coming all the way from Israel for this so it's hassle just to bring that HRAP3.

BUT. If anyone is interested I'm selling a Namco arcade stick for the ps1 in the original box NEVER BEEN OPENED.

Thanks for signing up! <3

Asking around in-person is what alot of people usually do; I'm glad you're trying to preassemle a team (like Mac, Hellmonkey and MikeZ/Korean's did).

People are usually pretty good about letting you borrow/use their stick for your tournament matches -- if somehow no one has a stick available for your match, I will let you use my/or my sister's stick; that is, if you can play on a hybrid (Happ Super Joystick+Seimitsu Buttons).

Also, if you would like to sell your stick: Trading Outlet on SRK is the perfect place to do so (must be a registered user to see the forum).

I'm going to have to pull out of EVO this year. Sorry guys. Maybe we'll play next year.

Sorry if this is going to be a problem but...

IIRC more GG players play BB/and MvC3 than SF4, so the Guilty Gear tournament will run on friday, 7/29 at 3:00pm. However, for those of you who are arriving on friday afternoon or later, please post your concerns if the start time is a problem.

Furthermore, if there is not enough time to run teams after singles on friday, teams will run on saturday, 7/30 at 5:00pm; since BB and MvC3 singles will be almost over by that time.

I know GG tournaments usually don't start on friday, but I feel that this would make things easier on everyone, due to EVO's schedule (for the GG players entering BB and MvC3)...

Not sure if anyone's asked, but on what system is the GG tournament gonna run? Wii? Ps2? something else?