Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ky-Sama

GGAC Side Tourney(s) @ Evo2k11 - Singles @ Fri 3PM & 3v3 Teams (after singles)

Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (PS2) - Singles

Date:

Friday, July 29th, 2011.

Start time:

3:00PM*

Entry fee:

$5.00.

<3

Please feel free to post or PM ANY questions or concerns you may have, thank you.

I'm going to have to pull out of EVO this year. Sorry guys. Maybe we'll play next year.

Awww, that sux hardcore... -60 :(But I hope things will get better for you, JO...

So are things looking any better for you gentlemen, or is it still too early to tell? I hope all goes well for you guys...

Sorry about the late reply. Yes, we have a decent number of people from Calgary who want to play GG. Names are as follows:

From Calgary:

RaptorIIC, Recna, Yaozzer, Stag.S, Reppuken, SixEightNine, Zante

From wherever he lives in BC:

Teyah

There should be two teams, though I don't know who will be on what team yet.

Not sure if anyone's asked, but on what system is the GG tournament gonna run? Wii? Ps2? something else?

PS2, as indicated in the first post.

What team am I on? Oh none? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiii-

Time to get to work.

If someone can bring a TV w/ video out, I can record match footage.

If someone wants to bring a mic, in theory commentary could also be done.

I don't know if anyone on DL has seen this yet, but RF, the Japanese Faust player/SBO champion, is confirmed for EVO: Japan invades EVO!

Does anyone know if he would be interested in playing GG/maybe entering singles, etc? I'm sure there are many Guilty Gear players who would love to play this Tougeki champs' Faust <3.

Although I don't play, I could bring a PS2 (if you still need it).

I'm also selling/lending out a Namco stick for the community.

Quick correction:

Add Kobesama to both singles and teams for Calgary, rounding it out to 3 teams total from us.

Anyone have any floor space I could crash on? Cash is a bit tight but I could throw you some dollars.

Mac:( Please ask around in the EVO2K forum (like so many others are...everyday, LOL), at SRK, or you can stay at the Gold Coast. IIRC, the rooms are of decent quality, and it is NEXT to the Rio-- I promise; you can easily see it from the Rio's parking lot, and many EVO competitors are staying there already^_^

If someone can bring a TV w/ video out, I can record match footage.

If someone wants to bring a mic, in theory commentary could also be done.

Sadly, our TV does not support that, but perhaps Sanoshi's CRT may...? Also, no mic, either...However, I would LOVE to see this happen, and thank you for offering to help <3

RaptorIIC: Thank you for coming, all of you have been added to the list, have a safe trip.

Edit: Added "Kobesama".

If it is not a problem, everyone who is offering to bring consoles/set-ups in encouraged to do so AT LEAST an hour before the tournament starts; especially since we need at least 3 set-ups to run singles in a timely manner and ALSO to get casuals in before/during the tournament. In-person sign-ups will start at around 2:00PM on Friday, but people are still encouraged to pre-register, in order to save time and hopefully start teams later that evening.

Thank you.

I would like to announce that we are indeed adding a small pot bonus of $50! The pot bonus will be split 70/20/10, I know it's not much, but most side tourneys don't even have a pot bonus afaik -- IMO, It's not all about the money, I want everyone to get hype, have fun, improve, and support Guilty Gear!<3<3<3

So you guys better show up to support your game, get dat money, and quite possiby fight RF!

Mods please edit the title and change "tentative" to "Pot Bonus", plus add the date+time if there is enough room.

Thank you!<3

sign me up for singles, please

Not gonna team up with us? I don't think we have people in multiples of 3.

Well, I'll probably be there (I'll be in Vegas from sun-weds the week before, simply a matter of sticking around longer, and getting back home), and if so doing singles (teams if i can find one, people from around here aren't going). From SLO/Phoenix.

I can easily bring ps2/ac, tv a bit more problematic, but if I have a car there, I can bring one.

Let me know if it's really needed to have another TV.

Mac:( Please ask around in the EVO2K forum (like so many others are...everyday, LOL), at SRK, or you can stay at the Gold Coast. IIRC, the rooms are of decent quality, and it is NEXT to the Rio-- I promise; you can easily see it from the Rio's parking lot, and many EVO competitors are staying there already^_^

rooms at the gold coast are too expensive... Also, I don't really want to stay with random people in a room. Kind of want to room with GG people too. Hmm.

Oh, sorry. SLO = San Luis Obispo, CA.

If anyone from Phoenix area wants to play, I'll be there for a couple months after evo.

And again, whether or not I bring a TV may make a pretty big difference on transportation plans, so please let me know asap if you really need it.

Not gonna team up with us? I don't think we have people in multiples of 3.

Oh I figured you guys were already set for teams. Haha I'll join the teams as well if possible, thanks.

Just found out i'll be at EVO, so yep, sign me up kids.

Klaige - West Des Moines, Iowa

Sign me up for singles and team please. I live in Muskegon, Michigan and I am playing in the Marvel 3 tournament too. I'll be at Evo from early Friday till its over on Sunday.

Thanks for doing this!

ohhh nooo, i was looking forward to meeting and playing you MacArthur! Hopefully another time soon!