Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ky-Sama

GGAC Side Tourney(s) @ Evo2k11 - Singles @ Fri 3PM & 3v3 Teams (after singles)

ok so there will be 2 of us from NE playing gg DavidCUE and simon

also is there anyone who would share a room with me and simon? we decided to do this a lil late so got some last min stuff going on

Just to give you guys a heads up; side tourneys need to finish before 11 PM on Friday/Saturday or else you'll run into the risk of last year's GGAC finals repeating again... So plan accordingly!

Hope everyone is bringing a ps2 stick. D; I'd hate to see 4 full setups but not enough sticks to go around.

Awww bad news. Wuku and Woki may not be able to enter the GG tournaments due to time restrictions. They'll be busy with other games. :( I am still in singles though.

Put me down for Singles and Teams please.

David let's kidnap Purrin and create Team "EVOWest2007". We won't lose to Ken-I this time I promise.

So while being drunk at Revelations and talking to Render and TheBiter, I decided to propose the idea of an "Old Man Only" Tournament since apparently only old people play GG now. In order to enter, you have to be 25 years old or older. I will be checking ID to confirm your senior citizen status. Entry fee and format still undecided.

Any takers? :lol:

So down.

Awww bad news. Wuku and Woki may not be able to enter the GG tournaments due to time restrictions. They'll be busy with other games. :( I am still in singles though.

That is disappointing...Would it help if they play their matches early (the first 4-8 players) or later? If they want, we can make sure that they play their first matches later/delay them, since so many people are signed up. Please let us know ASAP, because the tentative BRACKET is being created RIGHT NOW. Thank you <3

Ok, this is a Tentative bracket. If more people decide to sign up via DL, or in-person at EVO, I will add them in place of the bye(s) -- but, I cannot guarantee they will be seeded correctly. If anybody has a problem with the bracket, please feel free to post in this thread <3!

p.s. I/We will have no internet access on thursday, so please post your concerns asap.

Good luck to everyone!

Howdy all!

My main ps2 stick is a modded SF 15th anniversary stick (This monster: http://gear.ign.com/articles/684/684566p1.html). I'll be flying in from Boston and I was wondering if anyone might have a spare arcade stick they'd be willing to loan for the duration of the side-tourney. I'd rather not lug that behemoth across the US if possible as I'll already be bringing a ps3 stick with me.

If anybody has a spare they'd be willing to let me use, I'd be eternally grateful, and am willing to either pay your entry fee or hand over collateral so you don't think I'm Sketchy McStealsThings.

I'll check back here before I leave for my flight and bring monster stick if I don't hear back from anybody.

Thanks in advance!

Regarding brackets: I'd rather not play AKA first round, and be further away from Jo if it's possible. (bracket Z? I think FRCFlyingJohnny and Mighty might want to be separated anyways) bracket W has too many good players.

I think it's pretty likely we actually break 64 people from the looks of it, so the brackets might need to be drawn up again as well.

Storm: I believe I was set to enter with Mike and Ken, but I'll see if they're still down to play at evo.

Seth: Most definitely

Regarding brackets: I'd rather not play AKA first round, and be further away from Jo if it's possible. (bracket Z? I think FRCFlyingJohnny and Mighty might want to be separated anyways) bracket W has too many good players.

I think it's pretty likely we actually break 64 people from the looks of it, so the brackets might need to be drawn up again as well.

Storm: I believe I was set to enter with Mike and Ken, but I'll see if they're still down to play at evo.

Seth: Most definitely

I thought W looked abit too strong, but I wanted someone's opinion just to be sure. I will recreate another one, once I get back from work <3

TSK: Will do! Thanks!

Sign me up for singles. Im looking for a team for the 3v3.

Btw im looking to play some casuals thursday night, if there're casuals in the hotel please pm me with your number and name.

Yarin

U

I agree that it is very likely we would break 64 people with on-site signups.

edit: I'm looking for a team for GG. I play Testament. edit2: found a team

I love that people still play this game.

Wish I could be there... hoping you guys do this again next year!!

A very sweet, kind-hearted canadian has donated $250 to the pot, bringing it to a total of $300!!<333

Alright, the final bracket -- up until more people sign up @ EVO!

Due to so many canadian & socal player entering, it is inevitable that some may be in the same pool. I'm still pretty new at this, and this is me and Sol-Bumguy's first time doing brackets by ourselves. Hopefully, most of you are happy with it <3.

+1 from Calgary, "What is this game?" is what he wants to go by. Singles only.

Hello twins, please add above guy for singles!

Hello twins, please add above guy for singles!

I will add him in the place of a "bye".

Thanks for the reminder, Teyah!<3

do me and elven really have to play right away? I mean he dont live in the states now but when he did we were the same region. we teamed at a evo for cryin out loud :P