Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Stormlocke

Robo vs A.B.A

Matchup Statistics

Japanese Ranking: 4-6 in A.B.A's favor.

Openers:

Okizeme: Opponent's tension is below 50% = 5p/5k

Opponent's tension is @ or above 50% = 5p

Punishes:

Counters: Instant Block the first hit of her Danzai and followup with a Level 2 or Level 3 SRK for best results.

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy: Get used to Instant Blocking, preferably on a 2d mat. Spend meter on Dead Angles to count toward her knockdown if you have to. Just play super defensive utilizing Robo's great IB rate along with his good damage modifier.

Char specific details: Because of her super late wakeup/getup, you'll have to adjust your 236s Bazooka okizeme/pressure accordingly!

Knockdown control:

mr. stormlocke sir(or any experienced robo player)....im having trouble countering danzai after IB'ing the 1st hit...should i do it right after the first hit? i know this is possible, but im just not consistant with this...:psyduck:

true, but i would like to know for the sake of knowing. what are my best options for punishing after blocked...or is her recovery too good(FB danzai aside...)?

The second hit of danzai is safe, I think, but if you IB the first hit, I believe you get a free CH 5H.

Yes. Dontuel was telling me you can also SRK after IB'ing. I don't get to play against many ABAs unfortunately.

yeah you can definately 5hs or srk out of second hit, right before she comes down with the second swing. Very handy.

Provided you're standing to block the first hit of danzai, you shouldn't have to IB the first hit. You can just mash HS after blocking it, if you need to.

No need to IB here (though ofcourse its always good), just block the first hit then either lvl2 or lvl3 sho. If level 2 then you need to do it a little late or you may end up trading. *Edit* If you IB then you get a counter hit and also dont have to time the lvl2 sho. If you dont IB then no counter hit.

got problem IK-ing ABA... his IK activation takes years to complete, has any of u guys got this same problem?

what are you using to get the final knockdown?

well... sometimes you got to burn that extra tension like 2S RC -> IKmode -> IK probalby Robo-ky's iK mode stance thing takes a while before it allows you for the IK i dont really know, but in cases like lets say Axl his ik pose takes forever... so if you want to IK with him on ABA you got to do soemthign liek Resengeki FRC IK mode stance then IK :/ so lets say you end the knockdown with RObo's throw you might ahve to THrow FRC IK Stance -> IK probably?

i made the first ik with RC but when i got the 2nd round i don't have the tension and his activation realy takes a lot of time to recover... then she stab my ass with key and rape me :gonk: .... it's frustrating as hell when i supposed to win but forced to hands down my ass by stupid ik activation :vbang: