Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Death Cargo

The whole parry system sounds pretty cool,i'm fine with violence and all, but that head stomp was too fucking much. Looks like that would lose it's novelty in seconds.

The site updated, apologizing for the grammatical errors.

WORK IN PROGRESS PAGES: the translation (from Italian) is temporary and will be soon fixed. Sorry for all the grammatical errors.

A New Character Bio was also added

http://www.necrostorm.com/games/deathcargo/leach.html

Still no screenshots.

Indeed gramtical errors.

And for Plasma, they just need to say "it" not "he/she". Using "he/she" suggests it can pass for both genders which in my opinion looks like a guy.

Let see, green skin,torn shorts, yup there's no doubt about it Leach is a live action Blanka look alike. Also Plasma is the culmination of why we shouldn't fuse bishounen characters together and then put them in live action.

Funny.

This topic had similar responses to that one about Blazblue in SRK.

hmm...

Game's looking pretty cool imo, awesome graphics etc.

The actual story isnt about a tournament, so I think its kinda great.

Well, need to wait for more stuff to judge, like screenies and videos.cant wait for the trailer

"the translation (from Italian) is temporary and will be soon fixed. Sorry for all the grammatical errors."

thank god :P

this game has some goofy looking characters (so far.) hopefully it gets better.

as for that face crushing video; it was over the top, unnecessarily violent, and made my interest for this game go down, even though it was already low to begin with.

Site updated again. With grammar fixes, and this new character.

http://www.necrostorm.com/games/deathcargo/morbo.html

I think i'm getting in rhythm. If i'm correct, the site updates with new information every 2 or 3 days at 11PM EST.

P.S: The new character makes me want to puke. I don't even want to begin to think what his "fatalities" are...

well if anything i do appreciate the quick character updates, even if they are....graphic

morbo just makes me think of if kune got his hands on someone zappa-style....*shiver*

And here I thought they actually put Morbo from Futurama in a FG :P

imo so far they don't seem to put much effort in creating characters, I'll hold any further judgement for now

So far the basic story for this game is you are not really a person, but some random guy(and maybe later on girl) who is unfortunate enough to come into contact with one of these thinking weapon monstrosities and Plasma a thinking weapon with no gender is supposed to be fighting to rip the other thinking weapons a new ass hole before getting hauled back to its spot in the death cargo .

Yeah this is the worst story setup I have heard. This makes Thrill Kill look like Mortal Kombat.

And here I thought they actually put Morbo from Futurama in a FG :P

This plus ZALGO.

Also I don't see any grammatical improvements, though it's probably an on-going thing and I don't specifically remember any of the text well enough to spot changes.

All in all though, what an amateurish and mediocre (at best) looking game so-far. The site is just so outdated looking, the character concepts are as retarded as the ones in Dong Dong Never Die (but seem to be taken seriously which is worse), the character portrait artwork looks like a collection of photo shop failures and the fatality was just awful.

It's not even that the fatality offended me or disgusted me or horrified me, because it's so fake. It just reeks of the worst kind of B-movie special effects.

I will say though, I liked the music in two of their videos, and the in-game sprite looked good. But the background of the stage was meh. Sure it was a neat looking Death Cargo ship... thing, I guess, from a cyber-goth/punk perspective, but other than that it was just a motionless thing on a black background.

I'd consider playing this (for free) for the novelty of seeing how it turns out, but I highly doubt it will catch on at all anywhere, much less sell.

Of course It is amateurish, this is not being made by a bigass company like Capcom, christ, cant even compare...

Im liking where this is headed, Morbo guy is pratically Eddie.And yes, the character are supposed to look bad/ugly/terryfing, this is no moe game.

The graphics are superb.

The story may not be the best but definitevely its something I've never seen before, the premise behind all the fighting is interesting.

Music sounds good also.

Indeed gramtical errors.

And for Plasma, they just need to say "it" not "he/she". Using "he/she" suggests it can pass for both genders which in my opinion looks like a guy.

perhaps Plasma can pass as a female in his/her home planet :eng101:

Umm... I'm well aware that they aren't a big company and I never said they were or should present themselves like one. But that shouldn't stop them from getting somebody to build a better looking site. It looks like an eternally incomplete late 90s - early 00s geocities fansite after somebody learned to do tables. I guess in that sense they successfully pulled off the nostalgia part. And sure, the entire project is still vastly incomplete, but they could've gone the extra mile on the presentation of the site or waited until it looked better and had full translations rather than pushing it out as is.

The Skullgirls guys do their presentation well.

And I know the characters are supposed to look terrifying. But there's a difference between trying to look grotesque and looking like you spent $17 on a lousy halloween costume with one of those bulky hard-plastic cartoon masks with the elastic around the back. And ya, I know it's a double standard... because a character like Faust is ultimately just a tall skinny guy with a lab coat, a big scalpel and a paper bag on his head. In the game, characters work, but more often than not as soon as you turn them into cosplay, they look stupid. Unless a ton of effort is put into them, in which case they can very definitely look awesome.

So for a game that's using live actors, step it up. And again, I'm not talking about the sprites. The in-game graphics for Plasma looked great. It's just the portraits I'm on about.

I cant believe people thought this game wasnt for real... lol

ABout screenshots, Leach's bloody thingy kinda reminded me of Xray moves.

Malcom's gun kinda reminded me of the Nox Nyctores, herp

Looking very good now, hopefully there will be a demo next month!

WELL. New Video launched AND two new characters!

The first female character revealed and some other dude

http://www.necrostorm.com/games/deathcargo/character.html

In addition, they just launched a new Fatality Video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac3PK4kdR-s

As I figured, it's just a fatality video, nothing more.

The last two added characters are really just not helping me to see this game survive after a day. I mean the chick seems ok, but the last guy is just sad. He's a high functioning space zombie creation collar.

I don't like all the effort they're putting into making it seem not fake. Makes it seem faker because they're trying so hard.

The video with the demo stage thing, that was good, aside from fuck-all happening. Music's okay. The gameplay is ???.

If it's a fighting game, show the fighting. Don't spend five minutes clicking through a menu (cool menu by the way, actually).