Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C0R

[CS2-CSE] μ-12 Combo Thread (Updated 9.23)

Huge update coming tonight, ready your bodies.

Aww, I might not even see it until Monday, going to ECT this weekend. In case you were going to copy-paste this one, the notation is wrong.

Corner tech punish combo ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np3w78Mufq8 ):

2A OR 2B, 2C, JC jC, j2C, SoD, 6A, 6B, 6A, JC j2C, jD, 2B, 5C, 2C, JC j2C, 3C (3k/4.3k with 2A, 3.3/4.6k with 2B, 40/41 MG)

you have to do 2A OR 2B, 2C, JC jC, j2C, SoD, 6A, 6B, 6A, JC j2C, jD, 2B, 6A, j.C, j2C...

5C can't combo. Also, this combo is pretty important, I dunno about you guys, but I land it pretty often.

^My bad. :v: I never corrected that combo, even though I've been using it for a long time. It's definitely essential to get people to stay in the corner.

Some corner carry combos I've been using, inspired by some of the combos on the front page. These work from starting position to the corner. If you're closer to the opposite corner, you may have to alter the combo to end with 6C or dash 3C instead.

(crouching opponent, midscreen to corner carry combo)

(2A) 2B, 2C, 5C, 6C, RC dash 6B, dash 5B, JC jB, jC, j2C, (3C)... (2.5-2.9k, 15MG).

Mu doesn't get a whole lot of damage midscreen, but if you have 50 meter you can carry them to the corner with this combo and start the real fun. Inspired by the RC corner carry combo that starts with 5C on the front page.

(midscreen to corner carry combo)

6C FC, 5D, 214D, dash 6B, dash 6A, JC j2C, dash 3C, SoD, dash (delayed) 5B, 6A, JC j2C, jD, (dash) 2B, 6A, JC jC, j2C (3C)... (5.2k, 49 MG with 3C, can end with super for 6.4k)

6C FC corner carry. Can also work with just naked 214D bomb starter. Made this variation since I couldn't get the one on the front page with "...2C, jB, jC, j2C" to work. You can use "6A JC jC j2C" or "5C 2C JC j2C" at the end for similar heat gain and damage.

Transcript of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdqbg2MbhpA

0:00) (corner, Tager onry?) 6C FC, 2[D], 8JC jB, jC, j2C, j2[D] (2[D] hits), 5B, 2C, JC jC, j6[D] (j2[D] hits), JC jC, j2C, j6[D] (j6[D] hits), land 5B, 2C, JC jC, j2C, SoD, 6A, 632146D, dash up jump j2C, 3C, 632146C (8.1k)

0:22) (midscreen) 6C FC, 5[D], JC A+B+C+D, dash 6A, 5[D] (5[D] hits), JC jC, j2C, j[D] (5[D] hits), dash 5C, 6C (j[D] hits), 5[D], JC jC, j2C, 5D, land 6B (5[D] hits), 632146D, 2C, JC j2C, 3C 632146C (8k)

0:44) (midscreen, impractical) j[D], 6[D], airdash cancel j[D], j2[D], land, jump j2C, j4[D], land dash 5B, 5C, 2C, IAD A+B+C+D, 6B, 632146D, dash jump j2C, dash 3C, 632146C (6.9k)

1:04) (midscreen) 6C FC, 5[D], JC A+B+C+D, dash 3C (hits from behind?), 214D, 5D, 214D, 5D, 214D, dash 5D, 214D, 5[D], JC j2C, dash 2B, 6A, JC j2C (5[D] hits), SoD, dash 6C, 6D, 632146D, dash 6C, xD, 632146C (7.8k)

1:28) (midscreen) 6C FC, 5[D], JC A+B+C+D, dash 6A, 5[D] (5[D] hits), JC jC, j2C, j[D] (5[D] hits), dash 6A, 2C, HJC, jC (j[D] hits), JC delayed jC, j2C, SoD, 6A, 6B, 632146D, 5D, 2D, 214D, jump j2C, 3C, 632146C (9k!!)

Dat 214D loop...

6C FC, 5D, 214D, dash 6B, dash 6A, JC j2C, dash 3C, dash (delayed) 5B, 6A, JC j2C, jD, (dash) 2B, 6A, JC jC, j2C (3C)... (5.2k, 49 MG with 3C, can end with super for 6.4k)

Is there an SoD between the bolded parts? Something's definitely missing there.

Also, THANKS SO MUCH FOR LINKING THAT VIDEO I couldn't find it again for some reason.

Also, adding to the count of ready bodies.

I fell asleep on Huey's couch, then proceeded to fall asleep on Spark's kitchen floor.

:O

I did get a chance to find the optimal guard crush combos, here you guys are:

Corner:

6c > SoD.2 > Dash 6a > :6b > 6a > j.2c > j.5d > 2b > 5c > 2c > j.2c > j.5d > Dash 2b > 6a > j.c > j.2c > 3c > SoD > 632146c = 6074, on crouching add 5c before 6c at the start to put the total damage at 6227, builds 50-50 meter

Midscreen:

Dash 5d > 214d > Walk :5c > 6c > Habacan > 6a > :6b > 5c > SoD > 6a > j.2c > j.5d > 2b > 5c > 2c > j.2c > 3c > SoD > 632146 = 5936, SoD must corner bound at a far range, they bounce from near-offscreen, otherwise they're not low enough to get hit by 6a.

More incoming.

Midscreen:

Dash 5d > 214d > Walk :5c > 6c > Habacan > 6a > :6b > 5c > SoD > 6a > j.2c > j.5d > 2b > 5c > 2c > j.2c > 3c > SoD > 632146

I don't know why but I REALLY like this combo. Great work Cor, you're awesome. :3

Edit: Okay I'm actually having trouble with the corner version now. I can do just fine up until 6A > j.C > j.2C. I cannot get j.2c to connect to complete the combo. The dummy techs before j.2C even comes out. Just wanna know why that would happen and/or what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: Okay I'm actually having trouble with the corner version now. I can do just fine up until 6A > j.C > j.2C. I cannot get j.2c to connect to complete the combo. The dummy techs before j.2C even comes out. Just wanna know why that would happen and/or what I'm doing wrong.

I just tested the combo again and it does indeed work, are they teching before or after the last stein connects with them?

Corner:

6c > SoD.2 > Dash 6a > :6b > 6a > j.2c > j.5d > 2b > 5c > 2c > j.2c > j.5d > Dash 2b > 6a > j.c > X STEIN HIT Y > j.2c > 3c > SoD > 632146c

?

So I was thinking, the way BB combos are we could work out a combo primer to make her more accessible to would-be Mu players. And to condense the important points in general, because the front page is a little insurmountable. Most of Mu's combo options are pretty much the same few combo parts pieced/tailored together for a specific situation so I was thinking we could work on maybe something like a flowchart maybe. And nothing too detailed, or maybe put details in spoiler tags.

Like midscreen A/B combos generally end with 3C or SoD.

And then the general thread of midscreen air CH combos (j.C CH, AA 2C CH, AA 6A CH all kind of go through the same process of xx 6C habacan 6A 6B xx j.2C xx 6C stuff or 6C 5D 214D stuff).

Maybe a small writeup about how to make habacan work, and then the general thread of habacan combos, something like, ...high 6C habacan dash 6A 6B dash 6A jc j.2C etc

Maybe another writeup about how the 5D 214D midcombo hit works.

Or we could go by utility. Max damage midscreen = 6B + some j.2Cs + a 6C habacan + 5D 214D (+ super).

And then maybe some emphasis on oki options on common combo enders. Like midscreen 6C could end:

• 6C xD SoD
  • 6C x[D]
  • 6C xD jc j.2C j.x[D]
  • 6C xD Omohikane

And a disclaimer for Carl's stupid hitbox.

idk let's brainstorm. Information's just a little too scattered, we should compile them into one piece.

By breaking it up into parts, you'll end up like the makoto combo thread which I kind of disliked for the fact that all the parts were everywhere and not in one place. It made it really hard to follow and just learn basic combos because if you're just learning a combo and you forgot one ender or mid-section, you'd have to go look it up. I find that if you're just starting off, it's better to have concrete combos where it's all on one line instead of breaking it down into parts. I've discussed this idea before with C0R and this idea works yet it would be confusing for some people.

The small write ups can be done with habacan and making 5d 214d work.

We also have an oki/setup thread for your oki options.

Carl just has a strict timing to perform combos on him. And well....he does have the lowest life out of the whole cast. lol.....Let's make carl have the same amount of life he does now with tager's hitbox!

^^I think flowcharting it is the way to go. Mu's combos are actually pretty flowchart, the hard part is confirming into the best damage depending on starter and position on the screen. I'm in the process of updating the Mu wiki right now, and I'm thinking of sorting combos by starter, and position.

Something like this:

==='''Counter Hit and Anti-Air combos'''===

''From 6A...:''

Midscreen...:

6A CH, 6A, 5C, 6C, 214D (whiff), dash 6A, 6B, dash 6A, jump cancel j2C, dash 2B, 6A, 6C... ( )

...xD, SoD ( )

...xD, 632146C ( )

Approaching/in corner...:

6A CH, 6A, 6B, 6A, jump cancel j2C, jD, 2B, 6A, jump cancel jC, j2C...

...3C SoD 632146C ( )

6A CH, 5C, 2C, jump cancel jC, j2C, SoD, 6A, 6B, 6A, jump cancel j2C, jD, 2B, 6A, jump cancel jC, j2C... ( )

...3C 632146C ( )

''From 2C...:''

Close to opposite corner...:

Midscreen...:

Approaching/in corner...:

''From 3C...:''

"Closer to opposite corner" is for some combos that can only be done when your back is closer to the opposite corner. Like...

wall         1P          2P            wall

{...Mu...opponent------->......}

(combo)-------->

Lol I don't know a shorter/better way to explain it, but I hope that makes sense. :v:

You're missing my point. My point is to make it easy for people who are just starting to learn and pick up Mu. I can understand that alright but even when I look at it, it's still kind of confusing because it's broken down into too many sections.

Yes that's how it really is and it's dependent on where your opponent is hit on the screen but that's just so confusing. It's not like I haven't thought of this before.

Lol I don't know a shorter/better way to explain it, but I hope that makes sense.

You just helped me prove my point. Flowchart I think is better if you have a general understanding of how Mu's combos work. But for a person starting out that doesn't really know anything, well...I'd rather look at combos that are all on one line and listed out for me than broken into different parts.

I'll agree that having a huge list of combos is really confusing when you're trying to learn a character, however once you know the character and you're looking for the ideal combo for a specific situation, it's exactly what you want. So I think the best would be to have like 10 combos on the top that are essential to learn for the character (midscreen ground starter on standing, on crouch, 2C CH, grab, j.C air to air CH. corner 2A, 2B, 6B, 214D, grab.) followed by a huge listing for specific situations and starters.

as an example, here's something there was in the CS1 bang combo thread. It was a joke, but the combos were more effective than nothing, easy as fuck, and I subbed the character using only these until I got more used to the character itself and looked for more. (and then dropped him to focus 100% on mu).

HEY YOU! YES YOU, MR. TIERWHORE PERSON WHO IS ONLY NOW PICKING UP BANG SO HE CAN HAVE A REALLY HIGH WIN RATIO. OH, YOU DON'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT ALL THESE COMPLEX COMBOS AND THE POSSIBILITIES? GREAT! THIS SECTION IS FOR YOU!

COMBOS YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST KNOW:

5A>5B>2B>2C>2B>623B>(5D>j.B>j.C or Daifunka)

SINCE YOU WILL BE MASHING 5A ALL DAY, PERHAPS EVEN ALL NIGHT IN YOUR MASH RIDDEN NIGHTMARES, THIS COMBO IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO IF THE PERSON BANG IS PUNCHING DID NOT BLOCK YOUR PUNCH AND IS ALSO NOT IN THE AIR. IT EVEN WORKS ON CROUCH! IT'S AN AUTOPILOT MIRACLE! YOU CAN EVEN COMBO INTO DAIFUNKA AFTER THE FIRST FIRE PUNCH IF YOU WANT TO GO GET A SNACK AND ALL WITHOUT THE INCONVENIENCE OF NOTICING WHETHER THEY'RE STANDING OR NOT!

at about single jump height j.A/j.B>j.623B>land>5B>623B>(5D>j.B>j.C or Daifunka)

SINCE YOU'LL ALSO BE MASHING j.A AND j.B ALL DAY, THIS IS WHAT YOU DO WITH IT. HITCONFIRM THAT SHIT INTO DAIFUNKA OR THE PISS EASY 5D FINISHER. YOUR CHOICE, DUDE.

in the corner 5A>5B>2B>2C>2B>6C>j.C

IT DOESN'T GET SIMPLER THAN THIS. KEEP HIM IN THE CORNER SINCE IF YOU'RE PUSHING BUTTONS AS RAPIDLY AS YOU SHOULD BE, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT PUSHING BUTTONS IN THE CORNER IS MORE EFFECTIVE.

And now for the actual guide...:yaaay:

Aginor, that was supposed to be in response to Stinkymonz. :v: Sorry, I should have put a quote tag. But I definitely agree there should be a list of "must know" combos at the beginning, though most of them are covered by challenge mode. This is something I tried to do with the CS1 wiki combos (must know at top, billion situational combos at bottom). For CS2 it should look a lot less complicated...:

...blahblah 3C oki

5C/3C SoD

(crouching)...6C...stuff

CH 5C, 6C...stuff

3C super

6B SoD / super

throw super

Throw...combo

basic corner combos

214D corner combo

6A/2C AA combos

jC CH combo

I'm actually sitting down and trying to gather all her basic combos off of her most common hit confirms from both midscreen and in the corner. (From stuff like 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C etc...) Also taking down damage/heat gain. If I can manage to get it done I'll post what I got. I agree that it'd be a good idea to have a list of all the most ideal combos off of her normals in one place.

Not to steal your thunder, Solar, but I just got done gathering the heat gain and damage for different starters. :v: These aren't always the optimum damage but the combos should be easy enough for someone starting out Mu (no 214D whiff or 5D, 214D stuff) and they should work on most characters with little difficulty. I tried to include all the practical starters, so I hope this is what everyone had in mind. Tell me what you guys think (especially about if having the MG/damage for the different enders is too cluttered).

Midscreen Combos:

After any combo ending with 6C, you can end by cancelling into any D move and SoD to push them into the corner, any D move and 632146C super for more damage, or go for an oki setup.

-(2A) 2B, 5B, 5C or 3C, SoD (12 MG, 1.2-1.6k)

-(2A) 2B, 5B, 3C...okizeme (8 MG, 1.2k)

-(2A) 2B, 5B, 3C, 632146C (5 MG, 2.2-2.5k, req. 50 meter)

-(crouching opponent) (2A) 2B, 5B, 2C, 5C, 6C...(10 MG, 1.2-1.5k)

...any D, SoD (14 MG, 1.5-1.9k)

*Basic midscreen confirms from stuff like 2A and 2B. You don't need to use the exact gatlings here.

-(counter-hit) 5C, 6C... (6 MG, 1.2k)

...any D SoD (9 MG, 1.9k)

-6B, SoD (9 MG, 1.5k)

-6B, 632146C (5 MG, 2.7k, req. 50 meter/45 at start)

-Throw, 5C, 6C, 5D, jump cancel forward j2C, dash 2B, 5C, 6C... (19 MG, 1.9k)

...any D, SoD (23 MG, 2k)

...5D, jump cancel j2C...(oki) (22 MG, 2k)

...any D, 632146C (3k)

*Basic throw combo that isn't very damaging but can get out multiple steins. Works on everyone.

-Throw, dash 6A, 6B, dash 6A, jump cancel j2C, dash 2B, 6A, 6C...(24 MG, 2.2k)

...any D, SoD (27 MG, 2.3k)

...any D, 632146C (3.4k)

*Basic throw combo that focuses on carrying the opponent closer to the corner.

- Throw, dash 6A, 5C, 6C, 214D (whiff), dash 6A, 6B, 5C, 6C...(25 MG, 2.3k)

...any D, SoD (29 MG, 2.4k)

...any D, 632146C (3.5k, need 25 meter at start)

*Basic throw combo that utilizes 214D whiff cancel for some extra damage.

-(req. 50 meter) Throw, 632146C (2 MG, 2.2k damage)

*Burst safe 2.2k

-(req. 50 meter) Airthrow, RC, 6B (1st hit whiffs), dash 6A, jump cancel j2C, dash 2B, 6A, 6C... (12 MG, 3.3k)

...any D SoD (16 MG, 3.5k)

...632146C (4.6k, need 88 meter at start)

*Airthrow RC combo for decent damage and corner carry. On Bang and Arakune, their sprite will land behind Mu after the Rapid Cancel, so you'll have to input "4B" to get the 6B on them.

-214D, (dash), 6B, dash 6A, jump cancel j2C, dash 2B, 6A, 6C... (26 MG, 3.5k)

...any D, SoD (29 MG, 3.8k)

...any D, 632146C (4.9k, need 24 meter at start)

*High damage and corner carry combo off a midscreen 214D explosion. Also works after a guard crush.

-(anti-air) CH 6A, dash 6A, 2C, jump cancel forward, jC, j2C, dash 2B, 5C, 6C... (20 MG, 2.5k)

...any D SoD (24 MG, 2.8k)

...any D 632146C (3.8k, need 30 meter at start)

*CH 6A can also be a ground CH

(anti-air) CH 2C, jump cancel, delayed airdash jC, j2C, dash 2B, 5C, 6C... (15 MG, 2.1k)

...any D SoD (19 MG, 2.4k)

...any D 632146C (3.5k need 35 meter at start)

*CH 2C can also be a ground CH

(anti-air) 5A/2A, 5B, jump cancel forward jB, jC, j2C, dash 2B, 5C, 6C... (17 MG, 1.6k)

...any D SoD (21 MG, 1.9k)

...any D 632146C (2.9k, need 33 meter at start)

(air-to-air) jA, jA, jA, jump cancel jA, jC, j2C... (8 MG, 0.9k)

(air-to-air) CH jC, dash 6A, 2C, jump cancel forward jC, j2C, dash 2B, 6A, 6C... (20 MG, 2.7k)

...any D SoD (24 MG, 3k)

...any D 632146C (4.1k, need 30 meter at start)

(Fatal Counter) CH 6C, 5D, 214D, dash 6B, dash 6A, 2C, jump cancel forward, jC, j2C, dash 2B, 2C, 6C... (34 MG, 4.4k)

...any D SoD (38 MG, 4.5k)

...any D 632146C (5.6k, need 16 meter at start)

Corner Combos:

After any corner combo you can end at j2C or add on 3C for different oki setups. With 50 meter, add on 3C super or 3C, SoD, super for more damage. With 3C, add on 3 heat gain, with 3C SoD, add 5, with 3C SoD 6A, add 8.

-2B, 5B, 5C, 3C, SoD, (dash) 6A, 6B, (dash) 6A, jump cancel j2C, jD, 2B, 6A, jump cancel jC, j2C, (3C).... (36 MG, 3.2k)

...(3C) 632146C (4k)

*If you start this combo with 2A, omit the 3C and do 5C or 2C into SoD instead. Then the combo should work the same, just with less damage. If you confirm with two 2As, do SoD, 5B, jump cancel jB, jC, j2C... instead. If you confirm with any more 2As, just do a 3C knockdown into oki.

-6B, SoD, 6A, jump cancel j2C, (dash) 2B, 6A, jump cancel j2C, jD, 2B, 6A, jump cancel jC, j2C, (3C)... (33, 3.1k)

...(3C) 632146C (4.4k, need 15 meter at start)

-Throw, (dash) 6A, 6B, (dash) 6A, jump cancel j2C, jD, dash 2B, 6A, jump cancel j2C, (3C)... (27 MG, 2.3k)

...(3C) 632146C (3.6k, need 20 meter at start)

-Airthrow, RC,, SoD, (dash) 6A, 6B, (dash) 6A, jump cancel j2C, jD, 2B, 6A, jump cancel jC, j2C, (3C)... (23 MG, 4.1k, need 42 meter at start)

...(3C) 632146C (5.4k need 77 meter at start)

-214D, 6B, 5C, 2C, jump cancel back JC, j2C, land, SoD, 6A, 6C, 6D, jump cancel forward jB, jC, j2C, (3C)... (41 MG, 4.7k)

...(3C, SoD, 6A) 632146C (6k)

*High damage corner combo off of 214D bomb. If you end with "...3C, SoD, 6A, 632146C", you'll always build enough meter for the super at the end. Also works after a guard crush.

-5C, SoD, (dash) 6A, 6B, (dash) 6A, jump cancel j2C, jD, 2B, 5C, 2C, jump cancel j2C, jD, dash 2B, 6A, jump cancel jC, j2C, (3C)... (42 MG, 4.5k)

...(3C, SoD) 632146C (5.8k, need 2 meter at start)

*High damage corner combo from an ideal proration starter. Can work with 5B, (crouching) 5C 6C, pure 6C, and pure SoD as the starter. Also works after a guard crush.

Naw not stealing thunder. I'm doing this more for myself anyways. I was actually going through pretty much everything, not so much just beginner stuffs. :3

Great list man, thanks.

-214D, 6B, 5C, 2C, jump cancel back j2C, land, SoD, 6A, 6C, 6D, jump cancel forward jB, jC, j2C, (3C)... (41 MG, 4.7k)

...(3C, SoD, 6A) 632146C (6k)

*High damage corner combo off of 214D bomb. If you end with "...3C, SoD, 6A, 632146C", you'll always build enough meter for the super at the end. Also works after a guard crush.

This is her challenge combo eh? Isn't there supposed to be a j.C between the 2C and the j.2C? Thats how I always do this one thats why. Just curious. :3

I think your corner airthrow RC combo has too many SoD.

For the midscreen 2A starters, I think it would be better to make them shorter, like 2A 2B 5C SoD because it always works. You start adding other moves before SoD once you get more used to it, and get a better feel for which ones will connect.

I'd also recommend putting the grab combo 6A 5C 6C habacan 6A 6B 5C 6C... because it's as easy to do as the 6A 6B 6A j.2C... one, and it teaches you the general idea behind habacan.

Thanks; you guys are right. I was in a little hurry typing it all up haha. Added the grab combo with habacan. For the basic midscreen starters, I think I will shorten them and then just add a little note that you can confirm with different normals.

Alright guys, here's the news.

I have, on this piece of paper, the very best, most optimal combos from every real starter; 2b, 5b, j.c CH, 2c CH, that sort of thing. Yet I'm unsure of what to do with them.

Organizing the combos by genre and starter still seems like the best idea, but I wouldn't be opposed to posting a "Here's your go-to combos" thing at the top, like a "If you learn any combo you should learn these first, they come up the most", then relisting them later in the thread. Let me know what you guys think.

As for intro-to-mu combos. To be honest I think Challenge mode is a very decent primer when it comes to beginner stuff, especially because it holds your hand the whole way though. Anyone who completes her challenge mode shouldn't have a huge problem moving up into the harder stuff, as her combos aren't terribly hard to begin with. Therefore I would recommend that I just link to the CS2 guide where entry-level material would be covered, and leave this thread to be more a compendium of the PRO KICKS shit.

Feedbackzzz.

(also, got the old j.c ch damage beat by a longshot, it's pretty sick :D)

A go-to combo section I think would still be great idea. As well as maybe some encouragement to go through her challenge mode. I've already completed it but I got through it again every now and then just because it's pretty useful. But just small a list of the absolutely necessary combos to start off with, and then yes then all the PROSHIZ after that. I find she's a character that once you have a feel for her, you can pretty much figure out whats the most optimal out of the lists after all.

Also, can't wait to see dat new j.C CH combo. I'm throughly hyped. :3

Oh right;

j.c CH > (Dash) :2c > :5c > :6c > Habacan > 6a > :6b > Dash 5c > SoD > Dash 6a > j.2c > Dash 2b > 5c > 2c > j.2c > 3c > SoD > 632146c = 6014, builds it's own meter, I'll test it for the exact number.

The first few hits are very adjustable, you can also do 6a 5c, or just 5c, or 2c 6c, it's all height dependant, do whatever you know will land due to the positioning/character, aim for 2c5c or 5c though.