Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiagoX

[CS2] Makoto Nanaya's General Discussion Thread (Still god tier outside of Japan)

Sup, I'm learning CS2 Makoto while I can't play as Noel.

Can we be friends?

I do not main Makoto. I just need to know some common block strings and/or mix-ups Makoto players use so I can work on my defense against her.

The we do BnB's as block strings:

2A>5B>5CC>6BC

2A>5B>5CC>6BC>214A~C~A

Good block strings:

2A xN dash another block string

2A x2 > 2B > 5B > 6A > 6B

2A > 5B > 5CC > 214A~A > 2B/6B/throw

2A > 5B > 6A > 5B > jump cancel

Better block strings:

nope.avi

Sup, I'm learning CS2 Makoto while I can't play as Noel.

Can we be friends?

Nope.

I know someone has probably already put work into this (coughOMNIcough): what's the best combo from orb oki tech roll punish?

No one rolls in JAPANESE MATCH VIDEOS, so I don't think I've ever actually seen the full combo. Anyone have a link or figure one out yet? I'm guessing it's just a simple 5A/5B > 6A > 2D?

I know someone has probably already put work into this (coughOMNIcough): what's the best combo from orb oki tech roll punish?

No one rolls in JAPANESE MATCH VIDEOS, so I don't think I've ever actually seen the full combo. Anyone have a link or figure one out yet? I'm guessing it's just a simple 5A/5B > 6A > 2D?

I've seen a couple videos recently from combos starting from corner orb oki, and yeah they started with orb>5A>6A>2D3

I need to dig in my video folder and see if I can directly link them here, but they basically followed a similar pattern to CH 6A corner combos

Even better for easier hitconfirm:

2A > 5B > 5CC > 214A~A > 2A > 2B/6B/Throw mixup

gotta make use of her 2A's awesome reach and speed as much as we can :eng101:

I've seen a couple videos recently from combos starting from corner orb oki, and yeah they started with orb>5A>6A>2D3

I need to dig in my video folder and see if I can directly link them here, but they basically followed a similar pattern to CH 6A corner combos

What I'm using off either 5A or 5B after orb oki is

236A > 5B > 6A > 2D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > 214A~D > 44 6A > 5D > 2C > 214B~B > jc j.D > 2C > 214B~B > j.623A~D(2)> 236A

Even better for easier hitconfirm:

2A > 5B > 5CC > 214A~A > 2A > 2B/6B/Throw mixup

gotta make use of her 2A's awesome reach and speed as much as we can :eng101:

I should use 2A more often. lol

The we do BnB's as block strings:

2A>5B>5CC>6BC

2A>5B>5CC>6BC>214A~C~A

Good block strings:

2A xN dash another block string

2A x2 > 2B > 5B > 6A > 6B

2A > 5B > 6A > 5B > jump cancel

Better block strings:

nope.avi

Okay glad to know I'm on the right track.

What's the best/combo way to practice 623~D wiffing in practice mode?

for 623C~D whiff you should practice off CH 623C~D whiff and try to 5A > 6A (not against Makoto)

For j.623C~D do 2C > 214B~B > jc delay j.B > j.623C~D whiff

A little advice, try to whiff during the start of the descent.

For j.623C~D do 2C > 214B~B > jc delay j.B > j.623C~D whiff

I should try to follow up with 5A, right?

5B actually, even better if you have enough time to jump and j.a/b to make sure you're timing it right.

Oh my god. Just got done going through most of Makoto's Challenge Mode, and it feels like the day I first bought her. <3 Loving the new buffs and combos. A lot easier to do than doing Comet Cannon Stuff and Double Lightning Arrows on stick (Since I got it recently).

I'm still going to have to get down the Comet Cannon dash-up down consistently, but that'll come pretty quick, I imagine.

5D>66>2C seems to have got quite alot tighter but 2C>214B>JB>JD has gotten so much easier.

214A-CCCCC>5A>6A>2D was that always possible?

My main question is: I'V seen 2366A-D used as a corner pickup in alot of JP vids, which moves can it be used after? Also whats Maks best corner combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B11Fj0MMzcg#t=41m24s

Is this Jin only? I'm at work so I can't check :<

i only tested it on a few chars, but it seems to wors fine for most of them, even lambda and platinum, except carl though. I suppose you mean the 66>2C>236A~D part, since the rest is just the RCd corona upper into 2C.

its damn fun though.(standart version for this combo with PF ender goes for about 4.5K)

5D>66>2C seems to have got quite alot tighter but 2C>214B>JB>JD has gotten so much easier.

214A-CCCCC>5A>6A>2D was that always possible?

My main question is: I'V seen 2366A-D used as a corner pickup in alot of JP vids, which moves can it be used after? Also whats Maks best corner combo.

you think it got tighter? i always had problems with 66>2C after 5D in CS1, but now you can buffer it far in advance and the dash still comes out.

with 236A~D pickup i guess you mean the normal combos and not the oki setup.

actually you can use it after almost anything drive related in the corner. it also always works after a 2C, so potentially you can do it whenever you want,

even midscreen.

list: brackets mean optional

5D>66>2C>cannon

2D>66>(2C)>cannon

jD>66>(2C)>cannon

214B~B>dj>jD>(66)>(2C)>cannon

214A~D doesnt work

214B~D>(2C)>cannon

3C>2C>cannon

thats about it i think. maybe look into the vid section, theres a combo vid

"Omni, have you tried PF combo starters yet? Is it still possible to do 150 meter combos with stuff like 5CC>PF or 6C/PF or 2C>PF?"

What is PF again? You mean particle?

The charge timing between Xbox and PS3 versions is pretty noticeable... for me at least. 360's feel very brief and quick while PS3's feel more like CS Makoto's charges. Seems to be due to PS3 version being quicker so my charge for like BBS is a bit early.

Could be that I use different sticks between consoles but I feel about a frame or two's difference. I'll just have to adjust to PS3's since I'm on there more anyway.