Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiagoX

[CS2] Makoto Nanaya's General Discussion Thread (Still god tier outside of Japan)

Whether or not it is a matter of investigating is a matter of opinion. Because people saw her getting hit by jin's ice projectile in the loketest, everyone can assume and did assume that the move is completely useless. She can still go under that. You can go under pokes. Makoto can make tager's sledge whiff with her 3c. i've done this in a match. Isn't it the point to lab test these kinds of moves to further better ourselves with our characters instead of of disregarding it because we saw footage of it being unsuccessful 7 months ago.

There are a couple specific uses for it, but it's not a brain-dead move anymore.

You're both right. Chill out.

On the topic of 3C, there have been a few times where I've thrown it out and beaten projectiles I don't recall being able to deal with in CS1 (Spike Chaser, Touga Hyojin). It happens a little bit after startup but she seems to go through them as if she was invul, although typically they no-sell 3C cold.

I'm guessing they're coming out in segments and Makoto moves past the next active hitbox before it touches her, but I'm not sure. Did this happen in CS1?

@darkblade77, it did not happen in cs1, Moves either got low profiled or didn't in cs1. But Now like u said she sort of has a hit box that is i suppose smaller around her first spin, then gets bigger during the 2nd spin into the actual hit. I was testing things with her last night and found some interesting things. she can make overheads whiff now.

Bang's 5A,5B,5C,fire punch, 6B

Ragna's 6B,5B,5C,

Hazama's 6A,5C,214D~A/B/C, 236D,

Valk's 5C, 5B,

Litchi's 5B,6B,5C,6C, Staffless 5C They can all be low profiled by 3C

This is not the full list for these characters but moves i have tested. Out of the moves that i have tested, after a whiffed move, the opponent depending on recovery of the move, will either be Counter hit by the 3c, have enough time to block/jump the 3c, or try to press another button after the first whiffed move and become counter hit. Moves like 5a, and some characters (hazama) 5b, they'll have enough time to Counter hit makoto's 3c with another move.

Oh wow this is some good stuff.

3C getting dat gustaff fire hitbox.

The part about going through spike chaser and jin's ice fang is interesting. I wonder if we can go through DPs with it now. Someone up to test?

It can low profile all of Jin's Dp's. Don't think it will go through Ragna's, Atleast situations i can think of for jin. On his wakeup, He Dp's, whiffs, you get CH3C into juicy damage.

Can go under hakuman's 5B, 6C, not 5C,

Also majority of the moves listed if they try to throw you after their whiffed move, it will also be CH3C

@higeking42, i'd like to kno what projectiles your talking about as well.

noel's 236 lambda's j214d and a couple of others i can't remember. It might be because of the fact that i don't start the move fast enough.

noel's 236 lambda's j214d and a couple of others i can't remember. It might be because of the fact that i don't start the move fast enough.

I've tested it and she can avoid Both of those including the TK214D using 3C.

Another thing I'm not sure about... Was playing against a Tager yesterday and he fired off a Spark Bolt right as I was charging Comet Cannon. The Spark bolt ate the orb and then clashed?(not sure) with the release and I didn't get hit/magnetized/etc.

I don't know if comet cannon's release/shot is supposed to count as a projectile or a normal or not, so this may not be anything special.

@seyu, any other part of her 3c, if its not around the first spin, she will get hit.

alright thanks. Does anyone know how high her hitbox extends after the first spin? Is it already in say bang 5A range for example?

I kno that after the first spin, moves like Valk's 5b, litchi's 5b, ragna's 5b, will hit her, Projectiles jin's 236, lambda's 5d will hit her after the first spin,

I got another question:

Ive just recently started to play on the ps3 again and got some problems with the 5D>66>2C>etc part of corner combos. If i dont seperate the 66 and 2C absolutely clear, instead of 2C, 3C comes out. Up to a few days ago i practiced on the psp and could do pretty much any shenanigan without much difficulty, but even after readjusting to the ps3 controls i mess up sometimes.

So how do you guys input this? Can i somehow avoid the stupid 3C or do i have to get used to almost break my fingers over this?

suggestions, what about something like 66>1C? It will be still be 2C.

Atleast for me, when i'm using the stick, when i do that part of combos i do 66> (downback c), just out of habit. maybe you'll avoid 3c from coming out this way? idk.

suggestions, what about something like 66>1C? It will be still be 2C. Atleast for me, when i'm using stick, when i do that part of combos i do 66> (downback 2c), just out of habit. maybe you'll avoid 3c from coming out this way? idk.

It works but I also found it does not work very well with her 236236 d combos, as whenever I do the dash after the 2d I always end up in a very ambiguous situation, so 2c for me definitely needed, but going 1c for everything else just fine.

Thatas an awesome idea. For me its definetely easier than separating the 66 and 2C inputs completely.

Thanks a lot Kimchi:D Gotta love the makoto forums!

I just accidently bypassed jins hyojin (632146C) with 3C. It seems like it really has some invul frames, or hyojin has a very weird hitbox.

I know it hurts when 3C comes out during those corner combos. But ever since I tried delaying 2C by just enough (just forcus on the dash) It has never happened. Phew! Usually when 3C comes by accident it catches people off guard anyway so it's a win win.

Can't remember if it was posted, but this is Makoto's matchup chart according to the japanese players (source is japanese BBS):

vs ragna 5.5:4.5

vs jin 6:4

vs noel 5:5

vs tager 5.5:4.5

vs tao 6:4

vs rachel 5.5:4.5

vs arakune 5:5

vs litchi 6.5:3.5

vs carl 5:5

vs bang 6:4

vs hakumen 6:4

vs lambda 5:5

vs tsubaki 5.5:4.5

vs hazama 5.5:4.5

vs mu 6:4

vs makoto -

vs valk 6:4

vs platinum 6:4

I'm actually surprised by matchups vs Tao being in Makoto's favour (I always considered it to be even or slightly in favor of Tao) and Litchi being Makoto's best matchup (I guess it's because of j.B and parry?)