Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiagoX

[CS2] Makoto Nanaya's General Discussion Thread (Still god tier outside of Japan)

Hmm...

I'm having some trouble with the spacing on 214a~d > 6a when at the corner...

The issue is the opponent's character will bounce up over me most of the time before I do the 6a.

I saw a video of someone on your channel, Omni, who was dashing away for a split second and then would 6a... I tried doing that a handful of times but couldn't get it to work; think I was too slow.

Anyone have any tips?

im not sure if i understand, but if its what im thinking of, Try doing the Pilebunker move delayedr. If its done too soon they will be too high, and bounce over your head on the way back.

(Sorry for noobishness).

Is it me, or do you not need to do the forward dash of 2366A~D on some characters (after 214B > j.b > dj.D)? Though I haven't tested them all, I've noticed with a few characters (Tao, Noel) that it is easier just to do 236A~D without the micro dash and it still hits them. And with other characters (like Ragna) the dash is necessary. Does anyone have a list of how other characters "behave" with 2366A~D?

Edit: Also, why don't I see people doing 6B before Comet Canon oki anymore? I remember in CS1 a lot of people did 6B before comet canon in the corner. Now it seems that no one does it. What changed?

Edit 2: Why is the timing so strict on it T_T

I only get 5B > 5CC > 6B > 5D > 2C > 214B~D > 2C > 2D > 2C > 214B > j.B > dj.D > 2366A~D > whatever about 10% of the time. Yes I delay the j.b, yes I do j.D as fast as possible. Is my execution of the 2366 just too slow? JK just got it right about 10 times in a row.

Hmm...

I'm having some trouble with the spacing on 214a~d > 6a when at the corner...

The issue is the opponent's character will bounce up over me most of the time before I do the 6a.

I saw a video of someone on your channel, Omni, who was dashing away for a split second and then would 6a... I tried doing that a handful of times but couldn't get it to work; think I was too slow.

Anyone have any tips?

With the 214A~D > 6A link if you are in the corner during 214A~D connection with the opponent you have to dash out (input it as if you was back dashing) then go for 6A. It's takes awhile to used to it.

Also you have to make sure their at a good enough height for the dash under to work meaning pretty much only after 2C into 214A~D.

(Sorry for noobishness).

Is it me, or do you not need to do the forward dash of 2366A~D on some characters (after 214B > j.b > dj.D)? Though I haven't tested them all, I've noticed with a few characters (Tao, Noel) that it is easier just to do 236A~D without the micro dash and it still hits them. And with other characters (like Ragna) the dash is necessary. Does anyone have a list of how other characters "behave" with 2366A~D?

Edit: Also, why don't I see people doing 6B before Comet Canon oki anymore? I remember in CS1 a lot of people did 6B before comet canon in the corner. Now it seems that no one does it. What changed?

Outside of Valk, Noel, Tao and Tager I don't know.

Also no one does 6B into orb oki anymore because it was unsafe if delayed teched against since we don't recover that fast, same in CS1 actually. With 214B~D orb oki and to a much lesser degree 5D/j.623(1/2) orb oki lets us recover way before the opponent can tech.

Yeah, that's what it was.

Assuming the prior move is 2c, it's all height dependent like you said. If you hit with the 2c with what feels like as late as possible, they are low enough that they don't bounce back over you on the 214a~d; if you connect sooner with the 2c then there might be enough time to dash back for the 6a.

From what I can tell now, seems to be like a little bit of a dead-end for the combo if you hit in the middle timing with 2c from what I can tell so far; too high and still bounces over you, but also not enough time for the dash back.

Anywhoo, got it figured out enough so I can use it. B)

Not horrible if you know what move you're doing before the 2c so you know how you want to time it for the height.

That dead-end timing is an extremely small frame window from what I can tell (heck, maybe just me failing at a specific timing), so not a big issue.

So, just because it's in the title, I'm curious - is there a Makoto combo that starts at 2A and leads to 5K damage?

jeeze makoto's drive feels weird as hell now

So, just because it's in the title, I'm curious - is there a Makoto combo that starts at 2A and leads to 5K damage?
I'm sure there is. It probably involves doing 2A > 5B > particle flare 2 hits > 2D LV3 > standard corner carry wall combo ending with 3 hit particle flare.

i believe its 2a 5b 5c 6c 214b ja jb dj delayed jb delayed 623c whiff d, 5b 6a sjc jc jb jc jb 623 d

i believe its 2a 5b 5c 6c 214b ja jb dj delayed jb delayed 623c whiff d, 5b 6a sjc jc jb jc jb 623 d

wouldnt it be better to use 6A>2D after the first corona upper? or wont it work with 214b>jA>jB? (it does work with only j.B)

edit:

just tested it and 2A>5>5CC>6B>5C>214A~CCCCC actually does a little more damage then the combo you posted.

i know its about the corner carry, but still...

also starting with 2A seems to prevent doing 6A>2D after the first corona upper. could be me though.

wouldnt it be better to use 6A>2D after the first corona upper? or wont it work with 214b>jA>jB? (it does work with only j.B)

The number of places you can actually use 6A >2D is limited, that combo isn't one of them.

edit:

just tested it and 2A>5>5CC>6B>5C>214A~CCCCC actually does a little more damage then the combo you posted.

i know its about the corner carry, but still...

also starting with 2A seems to revent doing 6A>2D after the first corona upper. could be me though.

They both have their uses, far screen use the air combo or corner switch, mid range use the basic or 5D the rest of the way.

CH 623C 5A 6A 5D (L3) works on I believe everyone (can't test Plat) even not in the corner, just delay 5A and 5D (L3) as much as possible.

Near Corner CH 623C 5A 6A 5D (L3) 2C 214B~D (L3) 2C 2D (L3) 2C 214B~j.B dj j.D (L3) 2366A~D 214B~D (L3) 3088 dmg

Great find!

I'm considering making the new combo thread based on what is in this video and some of the combos posted here and in my notepad. Keeping the combos within practical range of course.

Malformed video id bro

I need to work on that 623c > whiff for the corner carry thing... it like, goes against all my natural rythm. Blah.

Great find!

I'm considering making the new combo thread based on what is in this video and some of the combos posted here and in my notepad. Keeping the combos within practical range of course.

fucking love the music in this video and the last half of combos <3

yeah its a pretty sick combo video. Most certainly gives a lot to work with. Thankfully people can figure this stuff out because i am horrible in training mode and figuring out combos :I

Sounds good, Omni.

I do not main Makoto. I just need to know some common block strings and/or mix-ups Makoto players use so I can work on my defense against her.

I do not main Makoto. I just need to know some common block strings and/or mix-ups Makoto players use so I can work on my defense against her.

2a 5b ?

2a 5b cc ?

2a ?