Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xie

[CS2] Lambda Combo Thread

Introduction

Work in progress, updated until its finished. Lambda combos, as you know, are extremely modular, so we'll be playing around with formatting the thread until it makes the most sense, without having to list like a million variations of the same combo. But then again, a lot of people like combo lists, so I'll try to have a sample combo from every starter. Remember, the proration/hitstun system is still present in BlazBlue, you must experiment yourself to discover all of the specifics on your own.

Table of Contents

Links to posts go here.

Notation

Copy pasta regarding Notation goes here

C Aerial Combo = j.C j.2C dj. j.c j.2c j214D

D Aerial Combo = j.D j.2D (j214DC j.D j.2D) dj. j.D j.2D j214D

Ground Midscreen Combos

Ground midscreen combos have a lot of variety and take a good amount of situation confirmation to maximize. Lambda can do betters combos in many given situations, so it is good to look out for moments where you can increase your damage output.

Target Combo

This is Lambda's go to basic combo for hitting your opponent midscreen and at no particular special state. It is recommend to use the 3C Oki ender to get another chance to approach, but blowing your opponent away with 236B has its uses also. Make sure to omit any necessary normals if your opponent is too far, the primary culprits being 6B and 2C. It is also possible to start the combo with 2B, 5A, or from a jumping attack.

2A 5B 6B 5C(x8) 2C 3C > Oki Ender

2A 5B 6B 5C(x8) 2C 6C 236B

Opponent Crouching

If your opponent is crouching, it is possible to combo into 4B directly after many of Lambda's other ground normals, primarily 5B, 6B, and 5C(xN). The damage difference from one of these combos is often worth not getting any oki. Do note that these combos may not work if you used too many normals before you hit with 4B.

(Ground String) 5C(xN) 4B 2DD > C Aerial Combo

(Ground String) 5C(xN) 4B 2DD delay j.C j.2C (Land) 2DD > D Aerial Combo

(Ground String) 5C(xN) 4B 2DD 214A j214D 5C(xN) 6C 236C 6DD 2DD > D Aerial Combo

Opponent Close

If your opponent is extremely close, immediately cut your ground combo short with 3C and 214A. This will give you a high damaging combo anywhere on the screen.

(Ground String) 3C 214A delay 5C(xN) 6C 236C 6DD 2DD > D Aerial Combo

(Ground String) 3C 214A dash 6A j214D 5C(xN) 6C 236C 6DD 2DD > D Aerial Combo

Throw

If you are no where near the corner or you just happen to throw your opponent away from the corner, use one of these combos to deal damage.

Throw 6DD 2DD > D Aerial Combo

Throw dash 2DD delay j.C j.2C 2DD > D Aerial Combo

Throw dash 2DD 214A j214D 5C(xN) 6C 236C 6DD 2DD > D Aerial Combo

Corner Combos

Lambda's corner combos have changed a great deal since last time. They generally begin from hitting your opponent while they are airborne, then using something with a lot of untechable time (236C, 6C) to set up other attacks. If for some reason, you cannot get your opponent airborne for the corner combo, you will be stuck with a normal ground combo.

Instead of the Crescent Loop, Lambda corner combos tend to be about hitting the opponent with one of each of her high damaging attacks. If you are anywhere near the corner, DO NOT USE 6C BEFORE YOUR OPPONENT IS AIRBORNE. 6C repeat prorates, so if you use it to do 6C 236B, you intentionally weakening your combo for no reason.

Note that 6C 214D and 6C 236D are mostly spacing dependent. Use your judgement to see whether or not those combos are possible from your current location. Also note that it is quite fair to end a combo at just 236C in the corner, as it will allow you to set up a dash under 236D for oki.

Throw

Lambda's ground throws are good for corner combos. Not really anything special to say about that.

Forward Throw 5C(xN) 6C 214D 5C(xN) 6C 236C > dash under 5C 2C > D Aerial Combo

Forward Throw 5C(xN) 6C 236D 214DC 236C dash under 5C 2C > D Aerial Combo

Back Throw 6A 6C 214D 5C(xN) 6C 236C dash under 6A > D Aerial Combo

236B Route

This is the go-to combo for when your opponent is very close to the corner. 236B can be followed up with a dashing 5B in the corner on anyone, which will allow you to extend your ground combos. The follow-up after 236B is often very short because of the proration, but with some starters you can do the entire combo.

(Ground String) 3C 236B 5B 6A j214D 5C(xN) 6C 236C dash under 5C(xN) 6C 236C dash under > oki ender

(Ground String) 3C 236B 5B 6A j214D 5C(xN) 6C 236C dash under 5C(xN) 2C > D Aerial Combo

(Ground String) 3C 236B 5B 6A j214D 5C(xN) 6C 214D C(xN) 6C 236C dash under 5C(xN) 2C > D Aerial Combo

(High Prorate Starter) 236B 5B 6A j214D 5C(xN) 6C 236D 214DC 236C dash under 5C(xN) 6C 236C > Ender of choice

236C/6C Wallbound Route

Both of these attacks have massive untechable time, so if you are able to take your opponent with one near a corner, you will be able to deal massive damage to them. Most of these combos tend to be from a gravity confirm earlier in the combo or from some other situational starter. Note that if you are point blank to the corner for a grounded 236C hit, you must replace 5C with 6A.

(Opponent Airborne) 6C 236C dash under 4b(2nd hit only) j214D 5C 6C 236C > D Aerial Combo

(Opponent Airborne) 6C 236C 5C(xN) 6C 236D 214DC 236C dash under 5C 2C > D Aerial Combo

236C 5C(xN) 6C 236D 214DC 236C dash under 5C 2C > D Aerial Combo

Aerial Hitconfirms

Refers to hitting your opponent while they are airborne. There are lots of ways to accomplish this with Lambda, and they make up the majority of her average damage in actual game play. Remember, if your opponent is near the corner, many of these combos can just go straight into a corner combo instead of what is listed here.

Close Anti-Air

Lambda's best anti air is 6A. It has head-attribute invincibility and has a decent hitbox for what it is does. She also has a few situational Anti-Air attacks, which can be used depending on the matchup.

6A 2C j.C j.2C (Land) 2DD > D Aerial Combo

6A (CH) dash 3C 214A delay 5C(xN) 6C 236C 6DD 2DD > D Aerial Combo

Far Anti-Air

This usually occurs when your opponent is being struck by aerial swords from afar. They are quite basic, but some stronger hitconfirms exist.

Close 2DD j.C j.2C (Land) 2DD > D Aerial Combo

Close 2DD 214a j214D 5C(xN) 6C 236C 6DD 2DD > D Aerial Combo

Far 2DD (6DD 2DD) > D Aerial Combo

Far 6DD 2DD > D Aerial Combo

Air to Air

Lambda's Air to Air game relies mostly on hitting an opponent before they hit her, as her attacks are not particularly fast or have good hitboxes.

j.B dj j.B j.C j.2C j214D

j.C (CH) land 5C(xN) 214A 5C(xN) 6C 236C 6DD 2DD > D Aerial Combo

Situational Anti-Air

Sometimes, both you and your opponent are doing something weird and you managed to hit your opponent out of the air with a really weird move. If you are able to confirm what happened in time, always take the opportunity to land more damage.

5A has really minuscule hitstun on its own, which is why it's the only normal that needs to be counterhit for it to combo into 2C.

[Midscreen] 5A 6A 2C > D Aerial Combo

[Corner] 5A 6A 6C 236C 5C(xN) 6C 236C > Ender

If the opponent gets tagged by any normal that combos into 2C, use it to extend your combo. For 6C to land after 2C, the opponent will need to be a little bit low, if they are too high, just go for the D Aerial Combo instead.

[Midscreen] 5A(CH)/Any Other Normal 2C > D Aerial Combo

[Corner] 5A(CH)/Any Other Normal 2C 6C 236C 5C(xN) 6C 236C > Ender

Situational Hitconfirms

236C Hit

No matter the situation, your goal in combos is to hit your opponent with one of these somewhere, as it wallslams the opponent and leads to other damage opportunities. With proper spacing, you can land a 236C from:

5DD Airhit

4DD Airhit

6DD Airhit

2DD Airhit

5D (CH)

5C(1) (CH)

6C Wallbound

214A (FC)

236D

236DC

Low altitude j214D RC

Airthrow RC

And probably a billion other things. Once you hit with a 236C, you will usually do one of the following combos, depending on the situation. These are all samples, and as you may note, are just variations of previous combos that have already been outlined. Check the Mega Combo List to make sure your variation works based on the current starter/proration.

[Midscreen] ~236C 5C(xN) 2C > D Aerial Combo

[Midscreen, Gravity] ~236C 5C(xN) 214A j214D 5C(xN) 6C 6DD 2DD > D Aerial Combo

[Corner] ~236C 5C(xN) 6C 236D 214DC 5C 2C > D Aerial Combo

[Corner, Close] 6A j214D 6A 6C 236C dash under 4B 2DD > D Aerial Combo

If the opponent happens to be extremely high when your opponent is hit by 236C, those combos won't work. Instead, do:

~236C 2DD > D Aerial Combo

Gold Burst

A gold burst will send your opponent flying upward. As both a combo starter and a combo extender, it is relatively easy to confirm that it hit and catch an opponent with 5C. From there, it is best to spend a Gravity Seed if you are midscreen, but if you are near a corner, you should be able to 6C them to wallbound them. Note that you can always dash under your opponent after a Gold Burst hits, so you can get a corner combo even if you are the one cornered.

[Midscreen] 5C(xN) 214a j214D 6A 6C 236C 5C(xN) 2C > D Aerial Combo

[Corner] 5C(xN) 6C 236C 5C 6C 236D 214DC 236C > Ender

Spending Heat

When spending meter in a combo with Lambda, you generally want to spend it on something that will give you good damage for the meter and will turn an otherwise small combo into a longer, more powerful one.

Rapid Canceling

One awesome thing about Lambda is her go to moves are often good to RC for better damage. These are just some sample combos, but they will vary greatly depending on what you had just done. It's easy to see that something like 4DD 236B RC will lead to much more damage than something like 2a2b3c 236B RC. As you will often notice, you will more often than not Rapid Cancel something so that you can land a 236C. This is something echoed from the previous section - 236C is awesome and leads to good damage when it hits.

j214D RC (5DD) 236C ~

236B RC 5DD 236C ~

Airthrow RC 236C ~

Calamity Sword

Calamity Sword is a situationally useful combo tool in a few situations. In those select few situations, it is more powerful than RCing something to land a 236C. The restriction for comboing off of Calamity Sword is that the opponent must be somewhat high in the air - Calamity Sword has tons of untechable time, but it does not launch very high, so usually hitting a low opponent will cause them to hit the ground before you recover, ending the combo.

4B(2nd Hit Only) 641236D 5DD 236C ~

Other than that, the air version of Calamity Sword is an awesome combo ender due to its massive minimum damage (40%!!), so use it whenever you want to close out a round. It can easily replace any Crescent Saber.

Legacy Edge

Legacy Edge is best spent in one of two ways: 1) whenever you need to deal damage off of 6C midscreen, but have no other reasonable alternative, such as 2C CH or 6A or 2) if you want to turn a midscreen 5D/4D hit into a corner combo

[Midscreen] 2C 6C 236236D dash 236C 5C(xN) 6C 236C

[Midscreen] 5DD/4DD 236236D dash 236C 5C(xN) 6C 236C

Xie and Severin, go ahead and edit my post and take whatever you want from it. I just tried to generalize it, but never got around to making a fully complete list in a thread format.

Everything pretty much ends in 236B, 214D/236D oki, resets, or the typical air ender (j.DD > j.2DD > dj.DD > dj.2DD > dj.214D/dj.632146D)

I think I missed a few things.

Melee Combo's

- 5B > 6B > 2C > 5C[8] > 6C > 236B

- (Crouch) 5B > 6B > 2C > 5C[8] > 4B > air ender

- X > 3C > 214D

- X > 3C > 236D

214A Combo's

- CH 6A > Dashing 3C > 214A > back away slightly > 5C[8] > 6C > 236C > Dashing 2C > 5C[8] > 4B(second hit only) > 2DD > air ender

- 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 214A

- CH 4B > 5C[8] > 214A

- Dashing 6B > 5C[8] > 214A

Corner Combo's:

- X > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 6C > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 6C > 236C > Dashing 5C[8] > 2C > air ender

- 3C > 236B > Dashing 6B > 5C[8] > 4B(second hit only) > 2DD > TK > 5C[8] > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 236C > Dashing 4B(second hit only) > 2DD > air ender

- X > Dashing 4B(second hit only) > 2DD > TK > 6DD > 2DD > air ender

Random Air Hits and CH Combo's:

- 5DD > 236C

- 2DD > j.C > j.2C > 2DD > j.C > j.2C > 2DD > air ender

- CH 5C[1] > 236C

- 236D > 236C

- (air) 6A > 6C > 236236D > 236D~C > 236C

- X > j.632146D > Land > 5DD > 2DD > j.DD > j.2DD > j.632146D

Well, here's a suggestion, might be more situational then anything else:

236D© > 236B > dash > 5B > j.C j.2C dj. j.c j.2c

The 214D that normally comes at the end DOES NOT connect, but by not having it, it does bring you back down before opponent techs out. If you're in the corner, you can omit the dash. Hope that helps.

heres an exceptionally long one:

236D>6C>2B>6B>2C>5CxN>6C>236B>(RC)>236C>214D>6DD>2DD>j.5DD>j.2DD>j.214D~C>j.5DD>j.2DD>j.214D>236D~C>236C>5CxN>2C>j.5DD>j.2DD>dj.5DD>j.2DD>j.214D

Timing is really tight. It took me tons of tries on my emulated bbcs2 (PSP) at 30fps.

And even when its running at half speed to tighten your timing, your opponent can tech if you try to do j.214D~C>j.5DD on the second aerial combo. And your opponent can tech before you can land a 3rd 236D.

Also, interesting find: At corner:

236C(CH)>4B>2DD>(HJC)>j.5C>j.2C>2DD>j.5DD>j.2DD>j.214D~C>j.5DD>j.2DD>dj.5DD>j.2DD>j.214D

Apparently 236C comboes into 4B at the wall.

Someonewhodied, I've been practicing those combo's from the psp. I can do some of them, but does it seem that due to 5C and lambda's multi-hits, that many of those combo's are VERY inconsistent? Sometimes I felt like I did the very same thing with the same timing and either bluebeated or had the dummy tech, or the spacing missed despite doing it right.

yeah, its hard to do that long combo...Also, I forgot to add the RC between the 236C and 214D

it may just be that the timing is too tight, because I have all dummy-techs on when I do those, I can only pull them off at 50% speed though. I just tried playing CS2 on my xbox yesterday..

well...lets just say it was horrible.

I just want to clarify something. I'm seeing 2B > 6B and 5B > 6B, but isn't that the same as 2BB and 5BB? Or does 6B make the combo different somehow?

Its the same, but using 2B>6B seems to give a smaller chance (Well, negates the chance) of accidentally doing a 236C when I decide to skip 5C and go straight for 6C.

>.> because 5bb does not exist................ 5b will auto gatling into 6b if you press 5b again. People seem to believe 5bb is some legit command.

...That would make it a legit command, 5BB is an auto-followup to 5B, the move just happens to be 6B. :/

...That would make it a legit command, 5BB is an auto-followup to 5B, the move just happens to be 6B. :/

Guess I will make it simply........... you can look for a 5bb command in the FD if you want ^^, tsubaki 5bb is a legit command because it cant exist by itself, see if you warp your head around that.

That's totally irrelevant to whether the input 5BB with Lambda exists or not. I'll give you a hint, it does. It doesn't need to exist in a movelist for it to be 'legit'.

Stop fightin'.

How you input the combo has no bearing on the legitimacy or existence of a particular move. If you prefer to input 5B 6B as 5BB, you can. If you don't, don't. It doesn't matter because regardless of which way you input it, it will give you the same result.

That's totally irrelevant to whether the input 5BB with Lambda exists or not. I'll give you a hint, it does. It doesn't need to exist in a movelist for it to be 'legit'.

lol, fine it is the internet you cant reason with people, people will start hitting 5bb just to get 6b making their attack slower... but what ever. Japan doesn't uses that notation but if you want to be my guest.

Who fucking cares about Lambda's 5BB.

On another note, Lambda feels kida shitty to me. I've been busy this week and played CS2 for the first time today, so I don't know her optimal combos and everyones blockstrings and gimmicks.

But like, one mistake and she feels like a piece of tissue. Her average damage is buffed, but the overall cs2 changes to everyone has really hurt her, I feel.

It's honestly no wonder, I was seeing every video of CS2 lambda losing, japanese, youtube vids, everything. Shit, even Minori quit her.

I'll stick with lambda, even if she's just above Tager in the tier list. I'm too lazy to learn a different character

Oh gawd, what have I done? I didn't mean to start a fig- wait...

MINORI QUIT HER!?!?! Hell, in that case, let's all switch to Rachel or something.

Ok, seriously, I'm not doing too bad with this new Lambda. Most of my faults so far is readjusting to the 360 controller, but besides that I've given some serious hell to so-called level 60+ players. And isn't there a difference between JPN players and "everyone else" players anyway? Lambda's my main and nothing can change that.

*Ahem* Sorry for the Loyalty Rant >__>

I know I still dont know the optimal combos or all the changes in Cs2 yet, and i just recently came back into BB, but I've never lost so much before.

I'll be shocked if she isn't in the bottom 4

I dunno, I haven't been doing so hot with CS2 Lamb either. But she's fun as hell to mess around in training mode, and thats what this thread is about isn't it guys? Lambda combos? :3

Found some situational starters into your basic corner nonsense. Most CH situations though, so probably punishes, or mashy scrubs you can style on with these combos-

2C [CH] -> 7JC -> j.2dd -> j.214d~c -> Falling j.c -> 2dd -> 8JC -> j.5c -> j.2c -> 214d -> RC -> fall -> airdash -> fall -> Falling j.c -> 5c -> 6c -> cavelier -> corner nonsense

cavelier [CH] -> 236d -> dash -> 3c -> 214a -> 5c -> 6c -> cavelier -> corner nonsense