Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xie

[CS2] Lambda Combo Thread

Ehh Lambda feels pretty much the same slightly better. Her damage is a lot better with her new combos and she seems to have pretty decent oki now with 236D.

I think it's just the fact that CS2 is more rush-down orientated and once you get in on Lambda and put her in the corner it's pretty damn hell for her to do anything.

On the other hand, Tsukasa seems to be pretty beasting with Lambda so far though it seems like some of the players he's up against really shouldn't be getting hit by the things he does.

Fuck Tsuka's Lambda, his sucks, every video I see of him is losing

Na^ga is a way better Lambda and should be the one you learn from, way the hell better, he actually wins fights with Lambda

I'm trying to learn some more realistic combos from his videos, the psp combo video doesnt seem to have realistic situations where all those tight timings can land

It's a little dissapointing how much the Lambda forums are lacking, the other forums have so much more support, info and help on the character

The only thing in the video I can see giving someone who has mained Nu and CS1 Lambda trouble is the 214A->5C. And if that is your issue, just go with 2DD or dash 6A and you should be fine until you get the timing down for 5C.

It might help us if you told us what combos into particular you were having trouble with.

Fuck Tsuka's Lambda, his sucks, every video I see of him is losing

Na^ga is a way better Lambda and should be the one you learn from, way the hell better, he actually wins fights with Lambda

I guess placing high in Kouhatsu consistently and losing only to gods like Eki-chan makes him bad. Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I hope you realize that getting to second place means you need to beat a bunch of people beforehand. Just sayin'.

I'm trying to learn some more realistic combos from his videos, the psp combo video doesnt seem to have realistic situations where all those tight timings can land

It's a little dissapointing how much the Lambda forums are lacking, the other forums have so much more support, info and help on the character

This isn't the first time I've heard this. Have you tried reading the first few posts of this thread? While it is still a work in progress, it already tells you a combo pathway for virtually any hit Lambda can land. If that's not enough information for you, maybe you should let us know what more you need?

If that's not enough information for you, maybe you should let us know what more you need?

Push the buttons for me Xie, thanks bro.

This thread is really good btw.

For corner enders, if I don't want to do air combo and do oki instead, do I need to change the combo at all or just end it early?

I just do the same combo but cut it short at the last possible 236C into whatever oki setup I choose.

Aside from actually omitting the air combo part, you probably will not have to change your combo very much, and just leave it at whichever 236C you want to stop your combo at. You will generally have more than enough time to dash under and perform 236D if you had done the combo correctly.

For the most part when you hit with 236C in the corner, it is untechable even at extreme times. In technical terms, even at near maximum proration (Just above 2%, the point right before they autotech out of anything), the -17F to untechable time still makes 236C untechable for over 45 frames. Which basically means, as long as you hit with 236C at an appropriate height, you can almost always do the oki ender.

Aside from actually omitting the air combo part, you probably will not have to change your combo very much, and just leave it at whichever 236C you want to stop your combo at. You will generally have more than enough time to dash under and perform 236D if you had done the combo correctly.

Thanks sG and Xie.

TOAN, thanks for the tip about replacing some 6A's iand omitting certain 5C's and 2C's in the combo's! It's working SO much better, I'll gladly omit a few hundred points of damage if it means doing over a 1000 extra

I havent had much time to practice this week, but the little time I had I was having some issues with the 236C>dash>2C's. Some of the space requirements with gravity and her C's are a little tricky but maybe I can just alter some things.

the psp combo video doesnt seem to have realistic situations where all those tight timings can land
The video was only meant as a showcase of how her combos work now, so that people can go from there.

Anyway all those combos are possible to do in matches. I even nail them most of the time online, eventho I haven't been to pmode since the PSP release.

Now that we talk about oki. I love her new oki. Meaty 2nd hit 4B is awesome and empty jump 3C leads to so much damage anywhere on the sceen and if they block you can just A parser away. Something i noticed after my first few matches is, that you have to delay your 236D alittle after a knockdown with 3C. If you don't do that the opp can just jump out for free.

Interesting note is that Rio often goes for a j.2C whiff > air dash pressure, while Tsukasa goes for a more traditional jump > air dash pressure. The j.2C might just be used for timing, but it is an option that I don't see used too much. There's a lot I learn from Rio, even if some of the stuff he does are weird or down-right gimmicky. My 2 favourite Lambda's by far.

Something I noticed in the recent Kohatsu: (corner) 236D > TK > (opponent is still grounded by 236D) Corner Loop

yeah, messing around on psn, currently just mashing 5cccccccc > 6c > 236c in the corner and praying it won't tech. haha. did some pretty legit 4b mid screen stuff though. can't play for extended periods because my thumb hurts too much. rush down characters hurt a lot. especially since the BAD doesn't work well any more, with all the new air unblockables...

I've been getting some meaty stuff with Lambchops as well. Still need to practice with her more. I also have to get used to no more invincibility with gravity well. :psyduck:

How are people getting the corner combo's consisting of...

...5C>236D>214D>236C?

I can get everything off until the 236C

Also, how are you guys doing the 236C>dash>5C>gravity>5C>6C>236C?

I had to make it so I only do a few 5C so that gravity won't push them so high up so that I can get the next 5C>236C off to combo into.

i believe you need a 5c before the 236c. dunno about the other one. for some reason, i'm having difficulties doing the jdd j2dd djdd dj2dd on some occasions. is there a case where you can't land all 4 every time? or am i just doing the timing wrong?

Also, how are you guys doing the 236C>dash>5C>gravity>5C>6C>236C?

I had to make it so I only do a few 5C so that gravity won't push them so high up so that I can get the next 5C>236C off to combo into.

If they're popping up too high you're probably not hitting 5C fast enough. If you do it too slow they have more time to go up in between the hits. If you do it fast they don't pop up as much even after all 8 hits.

Or at least, thats what I thought.

I like that initial pick-up, though. Too bad a 2C CH doesn't seem to be able to get as much damage as it can with its insane P1...

Without 214A or the corner, it might just be limited to (j.C) > j.2C > 2DD loops =P

Falling j.c 5c gravity 5c after all of that sounds impossible after that pickup. Is 5c gravity 5c good because it can be done midscreen?

It's good because it leads into 236C and the proration on it is amazing, 90/99.

Can you do a combo across the entire stage with this technique? Corner to corner when your back is against the wall sounds GDLK.

CH 2C can actually net quite a significant amount.

CH 2C > 5C > 4B2 > 2DD > falling j.2C > 2DD > falling j.2C > 2DD > 214A > TK Crescent > dash 6A > 5C[2-4] > 6C > 236C > dash 5C > 4B2 > 2DD > aircombo is around 5.5k meterless.

CH 2C can actually net quite a significant amount.

CH 2C > 5C > 4B2 > 2DD > falling j.2C > 2DD > falling j.2C > 2DD > 214A > TK Crescent > dash 6A > 5C[2-4] > 6C > 236C > dash 5C > 4B2 > 2DD > aircombo is around 5.5k meterless.

You should include: May include minor side effects, easily droppable here, here, here , here, and here xDDDD

5c 4b(2) Twice in a combo is so spacing specific :v:

Sounds godlike though :3 I would love to see it :D