Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xie

[CS2] Lambda Combo Thread

Additionally, here's a nice one in the corner (with meter).

CH 2C > 5C > 4B > Ground Calamity Sword > 5C > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 236C > crossunder 4B2 > 2DD > TK Crescent > 6DD > 2DD > aircombo > Air Calamity is 7500

these will all be in the MEGA COMBO LIST which is being compiled now.

Yo you and James put your incredible minds together

And you will make the best combo list, of all teim and spaec :333

Additionally, here's a nice one in the corner (with meter).

CH 2C > 5C > 4B > Ground Calamity Sword > 5C > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 236C > crossunder 4B2 > 2DD > TK Crescent > 6DD > 2DD > aircombo > Air Calamity is 7500

these will all be in the MEGA COMBO LIST which is being compiled now.

Holy.... that looks so pretty O__O

Heres a few random combos

in the corner:

236C(CH)>5CxN>6C>236C>Dash Under>5C>6C>236C>5C>2C>Air Ender. N can not be more than 4 or your opponent can tech the air ender.

236D>236B (As fast as possible)>2C>5C>6C>236C>Dash Under>5CxN(At least 6 or 2nd 6C won't hit)>6C>6C>236C>2C>5CxN>6C>236236D

And for quick damage to end a match quickly:

6A>3C>(RC after 6th hit)>2C>Air Combo

And random midscreens:

236D>236B>3C>236B. <---Useless but hilarious to use.

236D>236C>236236D>Dash>2DD>Air Ender <---Quick Damage. Useless.

Hello guys, I just come back to play this game again after a very long break because my friend inviting.

There is so many change in the game and I want to change my main to lamdra-11 now. So I would like to ask for a little favor if anybody could help me point out a few beginner to mid-level combo for me learn first?

(I look for 5 pages here, and many combo seem to be very situational-dependent or very hard to follow. If possible, I would like some easy starter combo set and mid-level practical combo set please! xD )

There's the most important stuff first:

[5A, 6A, 2B, 5B, 6B] 5CxN 6C 236B.

[starter] 3C 236D (for oki)

6DD 2DD {j.DD j.2DD dj.DD j.2DD j.214D} Your ranged anti-air sword punish combo. {} is her air ender, so MAKE SURE you get that down at least. It's not that hard.

[5D counterhit] 4DD 236B.

[5C (one hit, counterhit), 5D (counterhit)] 236C > stuff

Basically, just watch some videos of people playing. Her combos aren't that hard, with a few exceptions being corner stuff that is largely superfluous at a low level of play. If you can do the 6C 236D 214D~C in the corner, you can get good enough damage.

Thank you. That will be very helpful.

Also so what would be the most practical combo that start with throw and gravity that is not too hard. (may be shorten her.),

Thank alot

Edit: I have learn all those combo you list. could you please give me next lesson :D? practical one for throw and gravity. (I m not sure if throw -> anti air combo is good choice or not, but it seem easy to do)

Guys, guys.

Who does grounded 6DD > IAD j.B work on? I've never seen that combo path before. I tested it on Noel and got it a few times (timing is pretty tight), but I couldn't get it to work on Ragna. I think it's character-specific...?

I would assume it's universal and just depends on how close you hit them with the 6DD.

Also what would be a good combo to do off a 214A Fatal?

I can't seem to get a raw 236C to connect - I was just derping.

Guys, guys.

Who does grounded 6DD > IAD j.B work on? I've never seen that combo path before. I tested it on Noel and got it a few times (timing is pretty tight), but I couldn't get it to work on Ragna. I think it's character-specific...?

No, it's not. Think 5DD > 4DD back in CT. 6DD is just a replacement for that. It existed in CS1, but it was a bit harder to do. Now, it's easier with the increased hitstop and hitstun.

Pretty sure this has been gone over years ago, but when's the optimal time for me to do j.214DC>j.DD>j.2DD for my D air enders?

I know I can do it after air punishes with 6D, but I can't do it after a corner combo (or maybe I can and my timing isn't strict enough).

Is there a golden margin that defines when I should or shouldn't cancel?

My general rule of thumb for doing a crescent whiff into extra D air combo tends to be whenever the proration is above 32% (just before proration begins to decrease untechable time). The reason for this is because j2DD is untechable for 32 frames and j214DC + j.D takes 31 frames(18 + 13) to come out. Once you reach 32% or lower, you won't be able to do this part of the combo, as the -2F from the untechable time makes it impossible. This will take a bit of testing to discover whether or not it's 100% true (after all, there is also travel time involved with Lambda's attacks), but this model is a pretty safe assumption for the time being.

That said, at the end of a corner combo, it's usually impossible due to the number of attacks that have often stretched the proration out a great deal. Similarly, if you use attacks with repeat proration more than once midscreen, you will likely cause this to fail also.

also if the opponent is too close after the first j.DD > j.2DD in the combo then TK whiff > j.DD > j.2DD will more than likely miss

so keep the distance in mind too

Ground Midscreen Combos

2A 5B 6B 5C(x8) 2C 3C > Oki Ender

What is the oki ender? I cant seem to find anything about it in the thread? Something to do with 236D?

I'd like to submit this to the mega combo list.

Corner combo:

236b [CH] 5CxN > 6C> 236C > dash under > 5CxN > 6C >236D > 214D~C > 2dd >jdd > j2dd > dj > jdd > j2dd > 632146D

Does about 6100 damage and generates 53 heat off the combo (632146D is always a possible ender). Only works off CH and the timings are a bit strict on smaller hitbox characters but it's still possible. The combo can be done off RC as well but I haven't worked out the timings.

Edit: FC Gravity Seed > 236C > 5C x N > 6C > 236C > dash under > 5C x N > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > air combo > calamity sword ender

This combo is a bit shy of 6k and is a bit specific with the timing but it's doable like the first one. It doesn't generate enough heat for calamity, it's one heat shy D:

Edit 2: This combo is a bit flashy. It can be done from mid-screen as well and requires at least 55 heat.

236236D > 5CxN > 6C > 236C > dash under > 5CxN > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 2DD > jdd > j2dd > dj > jdd > j2dd > 632146D

The highest I managed to get the combo was 6399 damage, it generates about 48 heat which is why you need about 55 heat to finish it. You lose a bit of damage against Platinum and several other smaller chars because three of the Legacy Edge's swords miss. The combo does about 5100 if you use 5DD to hit confirm into 236236D. I believe this combo might be one of Lambda's highest, if not I'll see if I can get higher than 6400.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKdbbHT5wrg

1:49 - CH 6A > 236D combo is really good, and has godly wall carry, but there's no way you can hit confirm that shit. Rather stick with CH 6A > 3C > 214A for the same damage (mid-screen and onward).

3:54 - This is godlike. Does a ton of damage and could be done from most places on the screen, but the opponent needs to be at such a magical height that I doubt players could do that constantly. 3C > Gravity 5C > 6C > 236C [Corner] > etc. does 200 less damage.

4:10 - This one is really funny, since you always need to go a step back in order to connect 236C after gravity.

Something like 3C > 214A > Step Back 4B(2nd hit) > Step Back 2DD > 2147D (7 meaning it goes backwards) > 5DD > 236C

...5C > 4B(2nd hit) > 2DD > 2147D > 6DD etc. is highly unstable, especially around the TK Crescent part, and not worth the damage (around 200-300 overall). Pretty cool though.

Everything else is either silliness or already known.

Came up with a few more combos to be added to the mega combo list.

[Corner Combo]

214D[CH] > 236C > 5CxN > 6C> 214D > 5CxN > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 2DD > jDD > j2DD > dj > jDD > j2DD > Calamity Sword ~ does about 6600 damage. The timing's are a bit tough in the middle of the combo. The 5CxN after the second 214D needs to be delayed slightly or else the 236D will miss.

This one is a bit impossible to do online I think but I believe it's Lambda's highest (so far).

[Corner Combo]

214A[FC] > 236C > Calamity Sword > Rapid Cancel > 5CxN > 6C > 214D > 5CxN > 6C > 236C > dash under > 5CxN > 6C> 236D > 214D~C> 2DD > jDD > j2DD > dj > jDD > j2DD > Calamity Sword ~ does roughly 7100 damage and requires 150 heat (100 to start it and you generate 50 exactly to finish with Calamity Sword).

The beginning part of the combo, right after Calamity Sword hits, you have to do the RC immediately, any amount of delay and you'll miss several swords in 5CxN and mess up the combo. The timings for this combo are fairly strict, in that any slight delay results in blue beat, and it works on smaller hitbox characters.

If anyone has any higher damage dealing combos let me know. I'm curious how high the new Lambda can get in terms of damage.

Here is a nice long and easy combo. It should work fine. *Saw it on youtube*

5C/5D(CH)>236C>5CxN>214A>6A>TK>5DD>236C>5CxN>6C>236D>214D~C>236C>Dash Under>4B(second hit)>2DD>TK>5DD>6DD>2DD>j.5DD>j.2DD>dj.5DD>j.2DD>j.214D

Oromashu - You probably didn't notice but CS2 Lambda has one of the highest damage outputs in the game, in the entire series even.

Corner 214D should give you around 7K, FC Gravity in the corner is around 8K, and they require no initial heat...

Her highest damage output is around 9-10K without gold bursts, usually starting with 2C and 100% heat.

Go watch some combo videos on Jourdal or pktazn's youtube channel.

someonewhodied - That doesn't even work... if your'e having trouble with the transcript than just link the video.

Oromashu - You probably didn't notice but CS2 Lambda has one of the highest damage outputs in the game, in the entire series even.

Corner 214D should give you around 7K, FC Gravity in the corner is around 8K, and they require no initial heat...

Her highest damage output is around 9-10K without gold bursts, usually starting with 2C and 100% heat.

Go watch some combo videos on Jourdal or pktazn's youtube channel.

someonewhodied - That doesn't even work... if your'e having trouble with the transcript than just link the video.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I have something to look forward to tomorrow. Also, I believe Hakumen has the highest damage in game since I was about to do 12k~ pretty easily with him for the achievement. Either him or Rachel if you stack enough of her pole-things and make something happen.

I measure damage output from stuff that actually hits during a match, not once in a blue moon 6D into Mugen. Bang has a death combo too you know...

By that measure Hazama is probably at the top, followed by Lambda and Makoto IMO.

I measure damage output from stuff that actually hits during a match, not once in a blue moon 6D into Mugen. Bang has a death combo too you know...

By that measure Hazama is probably at the top, followed by Lambda and Makoto IMO.

Well you said highest damage output in the entire series not highest damage output but has to be unusable in a match. I was just proving that she wasn't. One of the highest damage outputs would be a much more accurate observation. Anyways thanks for the info about the combos, I'll be trying these out when I have some free time.

Thats why I said SHOULD.

I was browsing random videos when I saw that. but it went blue at the first 236C so I wasn't able to tell whether or not that lambda's opponent missed other techs. And I KNOW 5C and 5D counters combo into 236C so I was thinking that the rest would work too. (I mean, why else attempt it in a real match)

nice combos, somebody should place them on the mega combo list.

btw

what combo do you use when you guard break an enemy in the corner, and assuming you used up gravity seed to break him and you got no meter?

Gold burst x2>Dash>214A>[2DD if High, 2C or 6A if low]>TK Crescent>Dash>6A>6C>236C>(Now in corner) 6C>236C>Dash under>6A>TK Crescent>6A>6C>236C>[6C>236236D>4DD>236C>Air Ender OR Dash under>2C>632146D](Since the combo nets around 30 heat, and if you break someone's guard, you are bound to have at least 20)

Also, I skip the 5Cs because my opponent always somehow techs before the 6C if I do it. (Yeah, I've actually done this combo with both enders)

It seems to work only when I use 2 gold bursts.

if you want a practical one, use this: 236D>236C>Dash>5CxN>214A>2DD>TK crescent>6A>6C>236C>[insert any ender combo here]

And yeah, I actually tried these myself.