Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xie

[CS2] Lambda Combo Thread

Oh.

Well. I sorta did one on the spot recently:

214D~C>236D>236C>5Cx8>2C>j.5DD>j.2DD>j.214D~C>j.5DD>j.2DD>dj.5DD>j.2DD>j.214D

Went blue at 236C though so it may have had a missed tech somewhere else too due to online lag.

Oh.

Well. I sorta did one on the spot recently:

214D~C>236D>236C>5Cx8>2C>j.5DD>j.2DD>j.214D~C>j.5DD>j.2DD>dj.5DD>j.2DD>j.214D

Went blue at 236C though so it may have had a missed tech somewhere else too due to online lag.

236C>5Cx8 can be teched

if you want a practical one, use this: 236D>236C>Dash>5CxN>214A>2DD>TK crescent>6A>6C>236C>[insert any ender combo here]

And yeah, I actually tried these myself.

they dont work on the corner, or maybe im too slow, i was asking if you guard broke the enemy right on the corner.

they seem to tech 236C very quickly right next to a corner because of the very low wall splat

Corner Combos

236C/6C Wallbound Route

Both of these attacks have massive untechable time, so if you are able to take your opponent with one near a corner, you will be able to deal massive damage to them. Most of these combos tend to be from a gravity confirm earlier in the combo or from some other situational starter. Note that if you are point blank to the corner for a grounded 236C hit, you must replace 5C with 6A.

(Opponent Airborne) 6C 236C dash under 4b(2nd hit only) j214D 5C 6C 236C > D Aerial Combo

(Opponent Airborne) 6C 236C 5C(xN) 6C 236D 214DC 236C dash under 5C 2C > D Aerial Combo

236C 5C(xN) 6C 236D 214DC 236C dash under 5C 2C > D Aerial Combo

Use the last combo. Replace 5CxN with 6A like Xie said.

Any that you would use 236D alone for midscreen. You will see that used in the corner a LOT. By almost every lambda player.

I've come to the realization that my execution for anything involving Lambda's drive is abysmal, is there some hard and fast rule for timing I missed while browsing here or what?

Air stuff, specifically, I'm having a lot of trouble with connecting j.2dd after j.dd and anything after 2dd :x

Going from CS1 to CS2, they changed how the swords hit in the air, so it takes a bit of getting used to. Spacing and timing are a little stricter, so you can't just mash jDD->j2DD and have it hit. Try delaying j2DD until they're at a good height. I find it easiest if you space yourself so that you hit them with the bottom of the sword for jDD and the top of the sword for j2DD. Once you get a feel for it from that, then you should be able to delay j2DD as necessary to adjust for height differences.

Well, I've never once picked up Lambda before CS2, but otherwise thanks for the help, I'll look for that now :D

indeed it does.

I found a useless but flashy corner combo.

5BC>j.5C(1)>j.214D>5B>6A>2147D>RC>6C>236C>5CxN>6C>RC>5DD>236C>2DD>Air Ender.

Its useless, needs 100% meter, but its hilarious ending a match with it.

Edit: Yes, I realize you can do 236236D instead of RC>5DD but its funnier that way.

edit 2:

Heres a practical and easy combo I actually tested before posting this post:

Midscreen

5C(Ch)>236C>Dash>4B(2)>2DD>214A>2DD>2147D>Dash>6A>6C>236C>6DD>2DD>j.5DD>j.2DD>dj.5DD>j.2DD>j.632146D (~5.5K)

And a random flashy and useless combo I found:

Corner:

5CxN>6C>236B>RC>2DD>214A>2DD>2147D>6A>6C>236C>Dash under>6A>j.5DD>j.2DD>dj.5DD>j.2DD>j.632146D (~4K)

So I learned dem falling j.2C combos. It's a replacement for the old mash DDDD combo as an anti-air, build insane amounts of meter, does 3K meterless and 3.5K+corner when using gravity.

Good news are that it works from ANYWHERE(!!!) on the screen, bad news are that it's hard so beware online players :kitty:

Anyway this shit is insane, amazingly versatile and gives you the option to combo with gravity from anywhere. I'll probably open a thread about it after I manage to record some samples.

Falling 2C comboes:

(Midscreen)

{[5D(CH)] or [5C(CH)] OR [236C(CH)>236D]}>236C>Wait>6DD>Wait>2DD>Forward Jump>j.2C>2DD>Gravity>[Optional 2DD]>Crescent>6A>6C>236C>Wait>6DD>2DD>Air Ender. (It isn't that hard. Timing is awkward for the second j.2C though)

4B(CH)>Backjump>Instant Forward Airdash>j.5C>j.2C>Gravity>(Optional 2DD)>Crescent>6A>6C>236C>2DD>Wait>6DD>2DD>Air Ender.

2C(1)(CH)>Instant Forward Airdash>j.2C>2C/2DD(Depending on height)>Gravity>[Optional 2DD]>Crescent>6A>6C>236C>2DD>Wait>6DD>2DD>Air Ender.

(This combo is useless as 2C>Instant air dash is more trouble than the damage this combo nets is worth. You can get 5K from 2C CH and 50 meter midscreen. This combo barely gets 3.5-4K. Its still a cool combo though.)

Yes I actually tested these.

Edit: Fixed a typo. I left out an attack in the first combo..... This is why I hate doing things early in the morning...

What's the point of doing falling j.2C combos after CH 5D, 5D, 4B, 2C and 236C? They all give way better combos and damage.

Falling j.2C is best used after anti-air 2D/6D and mid-screen 4B(2) since it gives better positioning and damage than the basic alternatives.

I know. But I like experimenting to find combos. I don't like stealing other peoples' combos so I try to come up with my own alternatives, then use the ones with the highest damage output.

Ooooookay, so now I'm having problems doing 4B(2) mid combo. Not only that, it's that backdash in general. It's either

A)too slow/opponent falls too fast,

B)I end up forward dashing/opponent is already on the other side, or

C)it doesn't come out at all.

With that said, I need mid-combo backdash help. I want to do sexy Lambda combos that do 5K+ damage.

it's never a backdash. it's always a foward dash that goes underneath them. apart from that, make sure they're pretty high to hit them with 4b(2)

We are missing grab combos in the opening post O_o

Edit: Nevermind....I missed em....I must be tired.... But I'll keep the ones NOT listed.

I'll list a few:

Midscreen:

Grab>2DD>Wait>6DD>2DD>Air Ender

Grab>Dash>Jump>j.5C>j.2C>j.5C>[Airgrab>Oki OR j.2C>j.214D]

Corner Forward Throw:

Grab>j.5C(1)>j.214D>5B>6A>2147D>6A>C Air Ender

Grab>4B(2)>2147D>5CxN>6C>236D>214D~C>236C>Dash Under>6A>Air Ender

Corner Backward Throw:

Grab>6A>Tk Crescent Loop x2>6A>Air Ender

Grab>6A>2147D>6A>6C>236C>Dash Under>6A>Air Ender

Grab>6A>2147D>6A>6C>236C>Dash Under>236D>Blockstring

Grab>6A>6C>236C>Dash Under>5CxN>6C>236C>Dash Under>236D>Blockstring

Another thing, I found a couple of usable options after Gravity Airhit:

Standalone 6C>236C (Useless)

5CxN>6C>236C (Useful for lower gravity hits)

2DD>2147D>Dash>6A>6C>236C (Mid height, good damage output)

Back up a tiny bit>4B(2)>2DD>TK Crescent>5DD>236C (By far the highest damage output. You can almost always land this) <----Yes it does work. I'm uploading a video right now. Its hard to land 236C after 5DD though.