Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xie

[CS2] Lambda Combo Thread

I use pad too. And iirc 3C->214A->4B(2)->2DD->j214D->5DD->236C->dash 5C->2C->air D spam and end with 632146D which is the most basic and easy combo you could do midscreen does like 5K and builds 41 heat.

Heres a nice Distortion Fatal combo:

632146D(Fatal)>662DD>214A>Gravity Combo>236C>6DD>2DD>Air Ender

And

4B(2) CAN be comboed from a DD Fatal. You need to buffer the dash and 4B immediately, or else the first hit will also land and your opponent will be too high to combo.

Posting for a friend:

Does anybody know of any universal combo's that are short and 2k+ dmg?

I tried looking through the combo thread but no dmg or heatgain information is given.

5B->6B->5C(xN)->3C->236B (Not sure the exact damage but it's near 2k) This is my ground bnb pretty much. You can throw 2B in there as a starter or something if you manage to land it in some mixup like this:

2B->6B->5C(xN)->3C->236B

Posting for a friend:

I tried looking through the combo thread but no dmg or heatgain information is given.

mainly i rush with 2b->6b->2c->5c(x8)->6c->236b. that gets about 2-2.5k in damage, cant remember off the top of my head exactly how much. you can replace the 6c with 3c and it'll still work. before you approach them though, lock them down with 236d or 236d©. that's a fairly easy and decently damaging setup for lambda starters. also, 236b on hit should give you 7 heat alone so overall this combo will pull a fair amount if it all lands. not enough for a super but it's a start. tell your friend good luck! :yaaay:

Posting for a friend:

I'm pretty sure all the combos on the first page do 2K+ and are universal.

Hmm. You can go 2C(CH)>236C in the corner and that can lead to 5K meterless.

If you go with 2C(CH)->5C(xN)->6C->236C->Stuff it can lead into 6K meterless. I used to do 2C->6C, but realized that putting the 5Cs in there makes it do a lot more damage.

2C(CH) > 236C works?

Yup. In the corner on any character. You have to back up perfectly to follow up though. (Too little=opponent out of corner. Too much=Opponent techs)

And I can probably achieve more damage. I was just screwing around so I did:2C(CH)>236C>Back up>5B>6A>2147D>6A>6C>236C>Dash under>6A>j.5DD>j.2DD>dj.5DD>j.2DD>j.214D

I could have done the 4B(2) corner ender or skipped the TK loop and did 5C>6C>236D>214D~C>236C instead.

Also, I can't seem to find any 8K burstless combos. =/

Yup. In the corner on any character. You have to back up perfectly to follow up though. (Too little=opponent out of corner. Too much=Opponent techs)

And I can probably achieve more damage. I was just screwing around so I did:2C(CH)>236C>Back up>5B>6A>2147D>6A>6C>236C>Dash under>6A>j.5DD>j.2DD>dj.5DD>j.2DD>j.214D

I could have done the 4B(2) corner ender or skipped the TK loop and did 5C>6C>236D>214D~C>236C instead.

Also, I can't seem to find any 8K burstless combos. =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l84op9PYEhY

Some of these make it close, to like 7.6K or so. I'm not sure if it's even possible to break 8K without a burst :o

just tested it and yeah 2C>236C does work. Doesn't seem very good to me or practical, there are better things you can do.

Its just for flashiness.

I mean most of my combos i come up with are just for flashiness.

Like, who follows up midscreen 236C with gravity other than me?

And who follows 236D~C with gravity to do two 236Cs in a row besides me?

(Seriously, try 236D~C>214C>236C>236C. It works)

2C(CH)>214A>236C>Dash under>4B(2)>2DD>2147D>66A>6C>236C>Dash under>5CxN>6C>236C>Dash under>6A>j.5DD>j.2DD>dj.5DD>j.2DD>j.632146D (6.6K, 50% meter)

Corner only.

Edit:

2C(Ch)>214A>2147D>5CxN>6C>236D>214D~C>236C>Dash under>5CxN>6C>236C>Dash under>6A>j.5DD>j.2DD>dj.5DD>j.2DD>j.632146D (6.9K-7K, 50% meter)

Hello everyone, I've been tinkering with corner combos and found an interesting combo ender which gives damage comparable to air combo > calamity sword and unescapable 236D okizeme, except for characters with feet-invincible moves of course.

The idea is to finish with a tk calamity sword when the opponent is high enough in the air, typically from a dash back 4B > 2DD > tk calamity sword. It is crucial for the calamity sword to be tk'ed, because the aerial version has much higher minimum damage than the ground one.

Here are some combos I use, and for damage comparison the ones with dashback 4B > air combo > calamity sword ender:

corner forward throw > 4B(2) > 2147D > 5C > 6C > 236D > 214DC > 236C > dash back 6A > (delay) 5C > 6C > 236C > dash back 4B(2) > 2DD > tk calamity sword

4766, 50% meter, knockdown. 4B > aircombo > calamity sword does 4813 after the first 236C, 4829 after the second 236C.

corner airdash BC > 4B > 2147D > 5C > 6C > 236D > 214DC > 236C > dash back 6A > (delay) 5C > 6C > 236C > dash back 4B(2) > 2DD > tk calamity sword

5836, 50% meter, knockdown. 4B > aircombo > calamity sword does 5814 after the first 236C.

I won't list every combo this works with, but almost everything which ends with 5C > 6C > 236C > dash back 236D okizeme works by doing dash back 6A > (delay) 5C > 6C > 236C > dash back 4B(2) > 2DD > tk calamity sword. The 6A is there so the opponent is as high as possible after the last 236C, which makes dash back 4B(2) possible. From there, tk calamity sword is a bit tricky, I usually input 6321476D or a full 360D.

The reason I prefer this setup to dashback 236D okizeme is because every character in the game can escape the latter with a forward roll. 2DD > tk calamity sword > land > 236D, on the other hand, will catch all rolls, and the damage is really nice too.

You can't forward roll the 236D okizeme. You're probably doing it too late or the opponent is too low when you dash under him.

I'm not sure if it's even possible to break 8k without a burst :o

2C > 214A > 665C > 4B > 4B(2) > Calamity Sword > 5C > 4B > Calamity Sword > 5C > 6C > 236D > 214D~C > 236C > backdash 2DD > TK Cresent Saber > 66DD > 2DD > jc > j.DD > j.2DD > jc > j.DD > j.2DD > j.Calamity Sword - 9k

2C > 214A whiffs on certain/small hitboxes though. And I haven't tested it, but 2C(CH) > 5C > 4B > Calamity Sword > Combo would probably break 8k as well.

You can't forward roll the 236D okizeme. You're probably doing it too late or the opponent is too low when you dash under him.

I just tried this against the training dummy set to roll forward on wakeup, and I can't catch him with corner 236C > dash back > 236D, regardless of its height or how early I input 236D. Is the timing/spacing supposed to be very difficult to get right? It doesn't seem possible to me, could you please check on your end?

I just tried this against the training dummy set to roll forward on wakeup, and I can't catch him with corner 236C > dash back > 236D, regardless of its height or how early I input 236D. Is the timing/spacing supposed to be very difficult to get right? It doesn't seem possible to me, could you please check on your end?

Well, apparently you're right. My life has changed.

but...

combo > 236C > dash back > 3C > 236D saves the day :toot:

now i have to check. Im entirely sure it works just fine.

and, it doesn't O_o

Good thing I always Yoshiki Setup or Spike Chaser Oki now.

Spike chaser actually covers everything and still gives enough time to block a DP (dunno bout DP distortions though)

So i screwed around more with 2C counter

Corner:

2C(CH)>j.5C>j.2C>j.214D>5B>6A>2147D>6A>2C>j.5C>j.2C>dj.5C>j.2C>j.632146D

2C(CC)(8)>214A>2147D>5CxN>6C>236C>Dash Under>5CxN>6C>236D>214D~C>236C>66B(Comes out as 4B(2))>2DD>2147D>66DD>2DD>j.5DD>j.2DD>dj.5DD>j.2DD>j.632146D

Midscreen:

2C(CH)(1)>966j.2C>2DD>214A>Gravity Combo>Ender.

Not practical but usable.

Haven't been checking lately orz, clarification regarding dash under 236D in the corner:

When the opponent is hit by 236C and lands on the ground this actually forces an emergency tech, so if they are mashing 6+A/B/C they will still get an emergency tech and tech into place. The player will need to wait X frames for the "emergency tech window" to end, then press 6+A/B/C to tech forward.

Because the "X" amount of frames is variable due to your combo's proration, it is extremely difficult for human players to accomplish this, which is why 236D is a legit ender for corner combos as an opponent who is mashing forward tech will more than likely still tech into place. Of course, if you end up facing an anti-lambda god who understands the timing, you will need to use a different setup.

Hope that was helpful.

Yes it was. I never really did it because of what you said there but i didn't know that the timings were so strict and almost inhumanly possible. Just I'll start doing it more often :P