Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shtkn

Robo vs Ky

Matchup Statistics

Japanese Ranking: 5-5 even match.

Openers: 5p, 5s(f), j.p, pretty much anything you want...youre on pretty even ground here, maybe even have the advantage.

Punishes:

Counters: Use 2k to slide under projectiles, mainly the 3 hit one. 6hs (Steam) can also be used to nullify Ky's Stun Edges.

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy: Ky its real easy to instant block and his mix up is pretty weak so dont be afraid to sit in a corner and gain tension. Be careful about throwing missiles to close to the ground or youll get hit by stun edge. also stun edge > horse. Dont try to do anything after you block 6hs cause you cant. After a blocked horse dont throw out 5s(f) much or youll get hit by GS. Ky has a really good 6p so watch out.

Repeated use of 2k can also get you hit by Ky's Greed Saber.

Char specific details: Ky's air hit box sucks so no fancy combos. Dust combo is j.d dj.d missile. JI combos dont work.

Openers: 5p, 5s(f), j.p, pretty much anything you want...youre on pretty even ground here, maybe even have the advantage. Strategy: Ky its real easy to instant block and his mix up is pretty weak so dont be afraid to sit in a corner and gain tension. Be careful about throwing missiles to close to the ground or youll get hit by stun edge. also stun edge > horse. Dont try to do anything after you block 6hs cause you cant. After a blocked horse dont throw out 5s(f) much or youll get hit by GS. Ky has a really good 6p so watch out. Char specific details: Ky's air hit box sucks so no fancy combos. Dust combo is j.d dj.d missile. JI combos dont work.

Punishes: Instant block charged stun edge and sho as they run in. Counters: 2k goes under stun edge and charged stun edge, 6hs can cancel out a stun edge.

openers: ky 2s will beat your FS. so if u know the ky will use 2s i recommend backdashing or perhaps 2p or 5hs might work. more on that... gameplan: depends on how the ky plays...if he jumps alot missle him but if u notice he is one of those ky players that dont do nothing and poke....well... its becomes a hard match. ky Fs beats alot of ur moves. the best thing i can recommend is to use ur FS. if u are in distance and ur fs is out first it will be a counter so then u can set up oki etc. another alternative to FS is 2k. although this is the best it somewhat leaves u a lil at a disadvantage afterwards because u more than likely wont be able to connect with a 2s...so if u get in this situation i recommend 2k into 6hs or 2k into 2hs frc. 2k into 2d isnt that good in this match if you arent within distance of 2s because ky can 2d u when u are laying ur mat (if his reactions is fast enough). ky 6hs is pretty good if u block it...he can do more mixups if he does...dont let him get the chance to!!! i recommend learning how to slashback it. the alternate is to jump when u see it coming and even another solution is to 2k into 2s it. Now u have plenty of options..Work on that reaction speed to get them!! anti airs: u have 3 in this matchup. their is 5p, 5hs, 2hs. 5p is the best one i think in this matchup. u can 5p him out of alot of his jumping attacks with the right spacing. a hint is when his is going to land a little bit in front of u 5p works(its a counter hit) and u can combo him afterwards. when ky is going to land in basically on top of u 5p will not work. u will get counterhit if u use it then. 5p is good for snuffing out his iad attacks as well (so is 5hs). i only suggest using 2hs if he is right in aim to get him by it. the best way i used it is when he techs in air. 5hs is just as good as 5p but i recommend frcing it just in case it wiffs. air rockets: use sparringly!!!! it just that ky is very fast and can run underneath them if he is at mid range...alot of people run as soon as they see u coming off the ground and ky runs pretty quick at u. use good judgement in using them. oki: 5p if over 50 236 rockets if under. just make sure if u use rockets dont be too close because he could shoryuken u. if u notice the ky player backdashes on wake u can use horsie. punishers: ky 214 k on block u can 2k into 2s. also if he isnt within range of that u can 5s mat. if u are on point with reaction u can 2hs that as well (pretty hard though).ky 236 k (ground slide) u can fs afterwards or if u 2k into 2s if within range. usually if he does this move he is at a frame disadvantage so more than likely he will try to escape so u could horsie afterwards. as for the frc that comes after 236 k u can uppercut him if u know he is coming back in for more mixups. other than that try backdashing when he is coming back in...not sure but 5hs might work...watch out for throws off of that move!! if you can slash back his ground projectile use 6p...that way if he does the frc and tries to run back in he gets snuffed!!!! to be continued......

anti airs:

5p is the best one i think in this matchup.

i disagree with this one, ky j.hs will beat rky 5p most of the time.

depending on the angle he is coming in at.....the reason i dont use j hs alot in this matchup because if u do it and he doesnt jump u get countered....its not like blanka from cvs2 and u can do 1 frame jump fierce punches on reactions...

If you can predict when Ky will use f.s if you throw out a preemptive 2hs you can completely counter hit him out of it for a free combo. Or if you are too close it will trade, but you can recover in time to combo. The counter hit 2hs won't give you knock down because he can tech right before hitting the ground, but it is plenty of time for a combo.

RK has numerous ways of dealing with Ky's projectiles 1 hit of 6P negates and builds heat 2K whiffs entirely with great recovery Robo-dash whiffs entirely TK Missile whiffs entirely 6HS (Steam) negates and releases heat IB for tension I think Count down super whiff but needs to be tested* TK FB to whiff and punish if done properly Missile to negate CSE and still hit Ky for combo/pressure options there's a great match of Nezu vs Roz right now at ABC ranking battles