Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pulsr

Robo vs Chipp

[ATTACH]405[/ATTACH] Chipp

Matchup Statistics

Japanese Ranking: 5-5 even match.

The Good Doctor's Word: I'll have to disagree on this one, 4.5-5.5 IMO. Robo's 2d and 2k straight up lose to Chipps sweep. Also, since Slash where they added +10 frames of recovery on Robo's 2d, it's not even safe to do a BLOCKED 2k, 2s, 2d vs Chipp's sweep. Many times any block string into bazooka will get you swept as well. Due to Chipp's agility, speed and teleports, spamming missiles also isn't as effective as you'd think, even though they can potentially end the game for Chipp on counterhit. This matchup did get better since Slash for one reason though: Invincibilty on his Level 2 and 3 SRKs. Just try to IB and land one of these bad boys for a grip of life.

Openers:

Okizeme: Opponent's tension is below 50% = Bazooka

Opponent's tension is @ or above 50% = 5p

Punishes: Nezu has been Slashbacking Chipp's Terriyaki/Bonzai attacks and then immediately going into Robo's 236236s Punch Spam super. It takes a lot of life off Chipp.

Counters:

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy: See Doc's Word section. More to come.

Char specific details:

Any more information on this matchup is welcome.

I'm finally able to combat my local Chipp player's sweeps with some poking (Extending arms. I think it was 5S? ) but would really like some more in depth strategy for the offense. (This thread so far seems just about what you can't do against him. =\ )

Okizeme: 5p will whiff over Chipp's head if he blocks low so if he thinks you are going to use this he can 2p you on wake up. Robo's 2p can be used to avoid this, but it is not safe from beta blade so you have to be careful about what you use when Chipp has over 50% tension. Anyone have a idea about what to use instead? Maybe a jump in attack?

j.k works as a safe meaty if you wanna go that route but you have to get there quick cause robos jump is pretty slow. also just in general i think its really hard to fight chipp on the ground. so instead try and fight in the air..throw out lots of j.p and try to meet him in the air for a quick combo (which on chipp does good damage)

Sorry I just tested I was wrong about using 5p on wake up. There is a frame when Chipp is getting up where if 5p is used as a meaty it will actually hit even if Chipp is blocking low. Though it will whiff in every other case if Chipp is blocking low.

Obviously, you're going to be blocking a lot. Chipp's mobility will make the match look like you're chasing a fly. Fishing for counter-hits with j.S has done me well in most of my vs. Chipp fights, but don't be afraid to stand still and block some hits. Chipp's high-low mixup isn't too hard to see coming, just be careful and bait his unsafe moves and teleports; a shoryuken after his HS or D teleport will work well unless he FRCs it.

This is experience vs my local chipp: Openers: Just block. 2D will beat everything you try to do. if the chipp decides to teleport, theres nothing you can do about that either unless you have insane reactions. Okizeme: bazooka will force chipp to block... whether you're able to land a hit afterwards is a different story. Whether you're able to finish your block string without getting 2D'ed is also a different story. I usually prefer 2p. A random 5D on wakeup can also be rewarding, since on block you'll probably eat a knockdown, but if it hits you're looking at 30-40% combo. Punishes: Chipps who like to keep rushing in with "broken" pressure strings is asking for 5hs punish. The 2 overheads that chipp has can be uppercutted. Overall, your best friend is your uppercut. Counters: nothing much you can do against chipp since his range and speed beats you in every way. Anti air: don't bother with anti air if you're on the ground, chipp will always win. If you're both in the air, your best bet is airthrow. Zoning: not much you can do since his range and speed beats you. Chipps jump more than rushing at you and you really can't do anthing about it. Most of your blocked things don't really get you a reward. Their game plan: they're gonna rush you down because you cant stop him. And try to chip your life away with your metallic armor. They'll knockdown you on your block strings to continue their rushdown. Strategy: I prefer to stay in the corner (yes i said stay in the corner) against chipp. This is because you can sit on your mat while IBing everything chipp does to hit you and gain a lot of tension. Once you get >50% tension, start to do lvl 3 srk on obvious block strings. It only takes 3/4 to kill chipp. Smart players will start to run away when they see that you have lvl 3 srk. Thats when you just sit on your mat some more until you have max tension. Don't spam missiles, he'll teleport on reaction and punish you. Don't try too hard to chase him down, because you cant. Approach him little by little. Robo dash is good because it is neutral on block and will put you closer to him, but watch out for random gamma blade (the move where he shoots his shadow out). Horsie lvl 3 is good because it beats out a lot of things chipp can throw at you at far range if hes on the ground and afterwards you do at least 50% to him since you have near max tension. If he keeps jumping, try robo dashing. Sometimes it might net you a CH when he tries to do jhs/jd and a big combo follows. Don't try to air dash to him, his 6p will beat you. Jumps are okay if you're not obvious else he'll 6P you again. Overall, the matchup is annoying at first because everything you do will get punished. Once you learn how to IB and block properly, have the patience to gain tension, then the matchup gets better because it really only takes 3 combos to kill him. Make the most out of any hit you land. Against chipps that IADs a lot, try TK missile. On CH it means death for him.