Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CSE-CP] Tsubaki Yayoi Simple Questions and Answers thread! Version 3!

C'mon Dusk it's not like that lol.

You have to realize, the day I felt like I was a decent player with CS1 Tsubaki was the same day CS2 came out.

Quick question.

I'm trying to learn IAD j.CC combos. Is it just me or are they extraordinarily height-specific? I feel like if they're not at precisely the right height, the whole thing falls apart. Also, any tips on getting the 5B to redbeat after I land? I suppose I'm just not doing it quickly enough, because I can get it to connect, but it always goes blue.

It's less height specific than it seems at first. If your 5b blue beats it means your j.cc wasn't late enough, you have to delay the j.cc after the j.c. took me forever to figure that one out. Really with that combo you just want to keep practicing and eventually everything falls into place.

I got a frame data related question...

If Ragna's Dead Spike has 28 frames of startup and he uses 5C before that is -5, why is it that my 5B gets counterhit if I mash out? Kinda derp question but I'm curious. I figure that I could mash him out of startup but that doesn't seem to work with her 5B.

5C puts you in block stun for 20 frames, and if you cancel 5C into Dead Spike on the first active frame, that means there's an 8 frame gap. 5B has 9 frames of startup. You're a frame short to trade, which you still don't want to be doing against Dead Spike.

Wait a tic..I used air blockstun rather than ground blockstun because I can't read tables. 5C is actually 18 frames of blockstun, so it's 10 frames until Dead Spike it out, so you should actually have 1 frame to hit him out.

./training mode time

Yea, just tried it in training mode, and you can hit him out of it without IBing. It's just awkward because of how long you're in block stun from 5C.

Don't forget that crouching adds two frames of blockstun.

And that explains why I could only fit the 5B about half the time. I was crouching.

And that explains why I could only fit the 5B about half the time. I was crouching.

Actually I think crouching only adds two frames of HITSTUN, not Blockstun.

Wait a tic..I used air blockstun rather than ground blockstun because I can't read tables. 5C is actually 18 frames of blockstun, so it's 10 frames until Dead Spike it out, so you should actually have 1 frame to hit him out.

./training mode time

Yea, just tried it in training mode, and you can hit him out of it without IBing. It's just awkward because of how long you're in block stun from 5C.

Spacing sounds kind of impractical for this >_>

You can have like a full character width between yourself and Ragna and still be able to punish. 5BB will whiff though. You'll have to be fancy and 5B>6C it.

The real reason this may be somewhat impractical is really trouble with what happens if Ragna starts going for 2D instead of Dead Spike after 5C. Although 2D might actually keep you in blockstun the whole time, since it's startup is the same as the blockstun on 5C. Not 100% sure on close cases like that one though.

You can have like a full character width between yourself and Ragna and still be able to punish. 5BB will whiff though. You'll have to be fancy and 5B>6C it.

I only ever see 5C>deadspike at max range.

At that range, deadspike would just CH you.

The real reason this may be somewhat impractical is really trouble with what happens if Ragna starts going for 2D instead of Dead Spike after 5C. Although 2D might actually keep you in blockstun the whole time, since it's startup is the same as the blockstun on 5C. Not 100% sure on close cases like that one though.

2D is a really weak pressure tool in CS2.

I wouldn't expect to see it much.

Actually I think crouching only adds two frames of HITSTUN, not Blockstun.

Ohshi- you're right! It's barrier block that adds 1 frame of blockstun. I got mixed up on those two.

2D is a really weak pressure tool in CS2.

I wouldn't expect to see it much.

I see it a lot. -_-

It's weak because it leaves him at -4?

I see it a lot. -_-

It's weak because it leaves him at -4?

It's weak because it's rapid cancel only and doesn't even break a primer anymore.

And I don't think you can even confirm it if it hits without spending meter. 2D>5C link is gone, iirc. Pretend it's Tsubaki 3C, basically.

2D's not bad because it's hard to punish if the Ragna is spacing well and at that spacing you're playing his "Gauntlet Hades overhead or 2D low".

On the off chance that you're dumb enough to press buttons and get 2D CH, you might as well burst because that leads into massive damage.

Need tips, how the heck i can do running 236x? more than 90% times DP pop out and i'm losing momentum/throw free charge/get FC ... even with 6641236 dp still comes out :vbang:

Need tips, how the heck i can do running 236x? more than 90% times DP pop out and i'm losing momentum/throw free charge/get FC ... even with 6641236 dp still comes out :vbang:

Is this even possible? I've never had to do such a thing and as far as I know it can't be done.

6236X