Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CSE-CP] Tsubaki Yayoi Simple Questions and Answers thread! Version 3!

Velvien told me to delay it a bit too. I've tried delaying it and they tech. Hmm...too many habits from CSII.

I had a the same problem with the IAD combos. I eventually got that down. Back to training mode!

the 623C > j.236A(w) > j.214D existed in CS2, I know Batou had a good post earlier in the Simple Question (or was it the General Discussion, I forget) but that advice actually helped me learn that timing. I can do it whenever now without hesistation (except from 2P side cuz my TV has lag >>;; )

it sounds redundant but it's really all about delays and spacing out that j.236A so it doesn't hit. Too fast and it will hit, too slow and the j.214D will whiff. Just don't mash it out :3

Hmmm... should probably add that to the FAQ even though I don't know how many people read the FAQ but hey. It can't hurt to have it in there~

New players will always appreciate it.

In all honestly I learned my Tsubaki through the usual, experience...but I got started getting interested with Batou's Tsu Exhibitions in CS2 and because of the organized FAQ here :3

It really helps, especially during those times where you know NOTHING about your character~

EDIT: I've been sifting through posts/thread here I can NOT find that post X___X;; it was rather small, I'll try find it.

DOUBLE EDIT: I found it, it was in the old Combo Discussion page for CS2. Basically what Batou said is you also have to be aware of your height positioning for what you prop them up with 6CC etc.

I decided to add any combo questions that were in the FAQ thread to the first post of the combo compliation since I'm pretty sure more people look there right away aha. If there is anything else to add or be fixed feel free to correct.

EDIT:... feel free to add or correct in one of the general threads lol.

A 75m long train accelerates uniformly from rest. If the front of the train passes Tsubaki sitting down on a bench 140m down the track at a speed of 25m/s, what will be the speed of the last car as it passes Tsubaki?

5.15 mps

Wait what am I doing....?

Triple edit: Oh ffs....

A 75m long train accelerates uniformly from rest. If the front of the train passes Tsubaki sitting down on a bench 140m down the track at a speed of 25m/s, what will be the speed of the last car as it passes Tsubaki?

Trick question. Tsubaki, being blind, will always be move a random amount when startled by the noise of the oncoming train. This random variable makes the exact time it takes for the train to pass her unknowable.

Trick question. Tsubaki, being blind, will always be move a random amount when startled by the noise of the oncoming train. This random variable makes the exact time it takes for the train to pass her unknowable.

I was going to say she just can't see the train.

Hey guys, just picked Tsubaki back up a few days ago after not touching her for the majority of CS2. Read through a couple of pages and didnt see my question so here goes. Did the B versions of her ground specials lose their projectile invul/gaurd point? I read through the guide and saw that 22B can block/reflect projectiles but i had absolutely no luck in accomplishing this against Lambdas spike chaser. Is it a real timing specific thing or maybe it only works against ice swords/lobelia/projectiles of that type?

Just as a heads up i havent attempted it against jin/rachel or anyone else just throwing it out there as an example.

623B is still fully invulnerable from 11-18f.

236B has no invincibility.

214B has Head and body invincibility from 8-14f. You can beat projectiles with it, but it will lose to anything that has a foot attribute, such as Rachel's pumpkin.

22B has no invincibility, but pierces projectiles. For example it can neutralise Jin's Ice sword like you said. You should be able to neutralise Lambda's as well, but I can double check this out later on.

Been ages since I've heard from ya dude. Good to see ya.

Thanks for the info guys, and Kiba it has been quite a while since i checked out the tsubaki forums good to see some familiar faces. By the end of CS1 i was so fed up with her i didnt even look back during CS2.

If you get a chance to test 22B against Lambda lemme know if you find anything, i went into the training room and trying to beat out 214D and 5D but lost everytime. Sounds like Tsubaki's 214B might have so real potential though gonna have to play around with her some more only on day 3 lol.

Ok I checked it out.

Apparently I was wrong. 22B does not pierce projectiles at all. Gah.

I thought 22B had at least kept that... oh well. Fixed it in the guide after testing it out myself.

EDIT: Found out our DPs (A/B/C) neutralize lvl 1 projectiles though lol.

Quick question: when you end combos with rekkas, is there a difference as to which 22 move you should use? I usually end my midscreen combos with 22C and my corner combos with 22B. Is there an advantage to using one over the other, or does it depend on the situation?

I checked the frame data, but I couldn't seem to find any information on it.

22b does more damage than 22a, 22c more than 22b, 22d more than 22c. plus, 22c recovers faster than the other two, giving a few frames extra to do whatever.

Cool, thanks. :3

So, should I be using one over the other, generally speaking? Or is it more situational than that?

for the most part. 22c/b should be for combos due to untech time 22a should be used sparingly for spacing/ pressure, 22d should be used as a combo extender with charge midscreen/corner - as a basic example.

You want to end with 22B most of the time because it has a the tendency of giving you more untechable time to work with making your opponents have to stop sliding and remain motionless for a moment before they can tech.

Hey guys what is the general thoughts about 5/2A > 2C frame trap? On block you can jump cancel to continue pressure, back off, bait a reversal, or what ever you want to do. On hit you can jump cancel and still confirm into a ground string.

For follow up questions are there any charge level combos that are worth using after a 2C counter hit (midscreen or corner) and does Tsubaki have any other worth while frametraps apart from delaying the second hit of normal chain gatlings?

Thanks in advanced.