Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CSE-CP] Tsubaki Yayoi Simple Questions and Answers thread! Version 3!

There aren't any 3C combos listed because it's not safe... at all and most of the time you can use the 50 meter for something else haha.

However, you can RC into an air combo or RC into 236B > 214B > 22B (corner carries) or RC to super. I haven't really experimented with it as much as I did in CS1 since you have to spend 50 heat to do anything with it but those are just some things I tried out.

What is Tsubaki's "Air Combo"? It is mentioned several times in the stickies, without any definition of whatever combo is consisted.

Thx in advance.

Her generic air combo is j.C > jc > j.C > j.CC > j.236A (usually) > j.214C (or D if you want more continuing power). There are a few variations - adjusting which version of j.236X you use, and starting with j.B before the j.C, but that's the gist.

3CC isn't just "not safe" it may just be the most unsafe normal in the entire game.

However, sometimes I like to throw it out there when I've got 50 heat to waste as you'd be surprised how many people will get caught off guard by delaying that second hit of 3CC and then you can go into nice meaty IAD combo for good damage/corner carry.

Yeah. It's definitely one of those "Surprise! This move is so bad that you forgot I had it!" kind of techniques. 50 heat REQUIRED to use.

I hit with 3C. What are my options. Particularly options for....

CH-50Heat-1Charge

CH-50Heat-0Charge

CH-0Heat-0Charge

NoCH-50Heat-1Charge

Thank you! There are exactly zero 3C combos in the combo thread. :(

(mid screen to corner)

3cc (RC)> 2cc> IAD jcc> 5b> 2cc> 22c> dash 5c 2c> 236b>214B>22c seems to do 3438. The only reason you would do a combo like this would be to prioritized your stock over you bar for damage. So a zero usage of stock would be ideal. damage seems to be cap around 3.5k with this as starter without using super.

3cc CH 1 stock corner

3cc RC> 2c> 623c> 214A> 2cc> jc> j214d> land> 5cc (whiff first part)> 2cc> 22c> 5c> 2c> 236b> 214B> 22c 3971~ damage

alternative your other low option would be doing 2bb-> 5cc-> 623c>214a> dash 2cc> 22c> dash 5c>2c>236b>214b>22c does around 2651~ damage. which is 700~ damage less and no RC. The only reason I can think of is 5b> 3c gatling is a frame trap of about 2 frames gap on non IB which would be useful vs masher but otherwise 6cc fatal counter is a stronger frame trap which is easier to hitconfirm and jc on block (6c) or extend into stronger starter for max damage. Just meh choice overall.

Side note.

3cc RC starter follows similar combo pattern compare to 214d starter

Yah, 3CC is pretty much an ender used to get airtech oki instead of normal ground tech oki, as far as I can tell.

Not the best move to throw out normally, though I think there /are/ some sick RC combos that do good damage. (I do throw out 3C to kill George an alright amount in the Rachel matchup, though.)

I think I saw a 236D kill George in a Rachel match the other day.

There's also room for a small amount of mixup with 3C because the followup-cancel window is actually really big - 15 frames or so. So you can screw with people's heads a bit since they have to wait until pretty late in the recovery period to tell whether you're going to do the followup or not. Still not recommended without a rapid cancel though, because if you guess wrong and don't get a CH, you're in a world of hurt.

Yeah, 236D kills George for sure. Non-D might too? I'll have to test. It's weird though - you get hitstop against George but keep moving through him, so you could potentially get *two* hitstops - one vs. frog and one vs. Rachel. Kinda freaky.

You go straight through george with 236C/D. If george activates on proximity, you'll just go through him without killing him but if he doesn't trigger right away, you'll kill him and hit Rachel if she's behind him. A or B won't kill him but you generally shouldn't be using those out of combos anyway.

The same can't be said of the pumpkin though.

The problem with 236x is you keep going...

Straight into a Rachel sticking out a move to stuff it. And you're probably not hitting her no matter what, since it hitting George gives her time to at least block. And this doesn't count for lightning rod activations, fishing for guard break from fullscreen with super, etc.

3C isn't exactly invulnerable to all that, but it does at least low profile and only moves you forward a bit so that you're committing to less movement.

Hey guys, I find this thread to be extremely helpful and have read through it at least 2 times to make sure I soak in all of the information. Anyway my question is about 632C>j214A whiff. Can I whiff at any given time or does it have to be immediate? I'm having a little bit of a problem with doing an immediate whiff.

It's immediate as in it looks like 623C and 214A are being done as the same time. Though, if you're still having trouble with it, you use 214B as a whiff instead(due to the broad angle). However, you lose some ground option and most likely have to jump into JC after whiff to finish.

this has been bugging me for a while but what is tsubaki optimal answer when she gets an air unblockable 5b on pressure as in your opponents was trying to jump out of your pressure and 5b connected on air hit. considering pressure range it is too far for 2cc connect whats are people following it up with.

I don't think you have any options other than confirming that 5B in to j.B > j.C > jc > j.CC > j.236a > j.214X. With no charges, that only gets you like 1800 damage or something, but with two charges you can make that a j.214D > 236D > stuff that hurts a lot. Or if they're in the corner, you can do whatever after j.214D without another charge.

I don't think you have any options other than confirming that 5B in to j.B > j.C > jc > j.CC > j.236a > j.214X. With no charges, that only gets you like 1800 damage or something, but with two charges you can make that a j.214D > 236D > stuff that hurts a lot. Or if they're in the corner, you can do whatever after j.214D without another charge.

seems your correct although it saddens me that I can not punish more for my opponent for not blocking >.> I was testing it before and you will also need to confirm that 5b air unblockable with super jump jb which makes me think its not possible unless you were fishing for it. I tend to use 5b at a far range to CH my opponents from pressing buttons. Guess it will just add another layer for Tsubaki to yomi.

Well, the really good Japanese players seem able to confirm it. At closer range you can also do 5BB>same stuff for a little extra hit confirming.

You might want to try using more 22A/B stuff and less 5B at max range if confirming this is a problem. (I can't do it with any reliability, but I suck, so my performance should not be used as an indicator of what is possible.)

Well, the really good Japanese players seem able to confirm it. At closer range you can also do 5BB>same stuff for a little extra hit confirming.

You might want to try using more 22A/B stuff and less 5B at max range if confirming this is a problem. (I can't do it with any reliability, but I suck, so my performance should not be used as an indicator of what is possible.)

its a bit of character dependent... 22a/b? I don't like it because its either slower than other peoples normals at max range or leaves you minus on block where naked 5b is a good starter for pressure. it might be a good frame trap when im lazy but I guess it is because I like the high damage of a confirm 5b ground combo into 623c 214a combo. Okay I'm being greedy lol.

its a bit of character dependent... 22a/b? I don't like it because its either slower than other peoples normals at max range or leaves you minus on block where naked 5b is a good starter for pressure. it might be a good frame trap when im lazy but I guess it is because I like the high damage of a confirm 5b ground combo into 623c 214a combo. Okay I'm being greedy lol.

22A and B are on par with most normals that reach that far. (22A is actually really quite fast, at only 1 frame slower than 5B, but it's pretty negative on block.)

At max range 5B pokes, how are you landing a 623C combo? I'm not really aware of anything except 5B > 22X that works at max 5B range.

But yes, basically, you have to learn to hitcomfirm something tricky if you want to get anti-air benefits from your lazy playstyle. ;)

22A and B are on par with most normals that reach that far. (22A is actually really quite fast, at only 1 frame slower than 5B, but it's pretty negative on block.)

At max range 5B pokes, how are you landing a 623C combo? I'm not really aware of anything except 5B > 22X that works at max 5B range.

But yes, basically, you have to learn to hitcomfirm something tricky if you want to get anti-air benefits from your lazy playstyle. ;)

I wouldn't say I'm poking at max range but far enough that 5bb can sorta hit but otherwise 5b on CH into 236d can work also into gatling > 623c j214a. If its at max I will probably keep running and poking with 5b until im in a close range enough where I can land a BnB. that's enough of my rambling for tonight.

I guess I'm a little mindblown that you can hitconfirm a 5B into 236D, but not into sjc > J.B? They seem pretty comparable in difficulty to my untrained hand.

What's the combo theory behind setting up for 6C > 236236C ender?

not repeating 22x attack twice in a single combo and holding down 22x as long as possible adding more untech time allowing 6c to connect easier. (exclude 22d since that is treated as being separate vs 22a-c)