Sign in to follow this  
Koozebanian Fazoob

Kenshiro make your head asplode

Uh, I already updated all of the combos to the ones that work. You can't do the IAD j.C after the 2BBD AC D 236D, too many hits. You can do it other times like after 2BB 5D 236D. Like I said, it's situational. Also as I mentioned, if you are having trouble with getting IAD j.C to connect, you can use j.A C instead, or j.A D possibly. There's also a non IAD version which is better if they are farther away, although I'm not sure of the specific details of it. I believe you just jump cancel the 236D and do a few hits in the air (might be j.A j.B j.A j.B or something), then land and proceed as normal. I'll see if I can dig up a vid. Edit: Okay found it, the combo he does is: 2BB 5D 236D > jc.C, (delay) j.D(1) |> D 236D > jc.A B D |> CD

2B 2B 2D AC, D 236D > hjc.A B A B C |> 236D or 236236A It's a corner specific juggle. May be possible to get extra hits ... might want to edit this combo GB. turns out it only works against certain people that's why I said it doesn't work the AC will miss on Jagi the 236D will miss on toki the first air B will miss mamiya and souther. they can tech out at those specific points

The annoying thing is a lot of Ken's combos work weird on certain characters. For example, his 236D loops will wiff near the corner against Shin/Thouther and a few others. You can modify it to make it work, but I haven't really found a GOOD alternate version. Normally you do... CD 6, D 236D IAD j.C |> 236D IAD j.C > etc. Against Shin I've found that it works doing: CD 6, 2C D 236D IAD j.A |> D 236D IAD j.A That's obvious sub-optimal because of the j.A being such a weak attack. I don't know what else to use, but next time I get a chance to actually sit down by myself, I'll look at the damage on 1 hit of j.D and see if that might be a better option (and if it even works). Also I want to experiement with high bounce combos (CH AA 623B for example), want to try a 623A loop. :o

you could use jump B but I've found that the pushback after a certain amount of hits increases more than jump A. 1 hit jump D is kinda like a jump A damage anyway. you can see the damage in one of the hnk vids at game41 right now. if you do jump D while really close and early on in the combo it will have 2 or 3 hits but the damage sucks since all hits have to hit in order to get the damage of his jump C and you will be pushed back earlier.

That's what I figured. Doesn't really seem like a better option than using A. You CAN do loops normally with j.C if you push yourself back far enough (or start from really far away), but it's kinda wonky. Maybe you could do this: CD 6, 2C D D IAD j.C |> 236D ... or something like that. I'll screw around with it later.

Helo Guys i like to add some combos with my experience playing with Ken because He's my main Character, maybe these combos r posted i dont know yet: *7 Stars Combo (When He Get Dizzy Only): After the ABABC in the Air if He Gets Dizzy Do Combo#2 Then Combo#1 :grin: *Combo#1 (4 Stars Combo): BD (Grab) ==> Standing B Then D ==> Then 236EC ===> 623EA ===> CDE *Combo#2 (3 Stars Combo): (i Think Everybody knows That but i dont see them doing it on the Matches or Video But i always do it) :`) Instead of doing a Super After the ABABC in the AIR u Do: CD ==> 236EC ==> 623EA *Combo#3 (3 Stars Combo Into Fatal KO): DD ==> 236D ==> short Jump C ==> Standing D ==> CD ==> ED ==> 236C ==> ED ==> 623A ==> ED ==> Fatal KO Sorry Guys if u know These Combos Already :) i know alot other Hopefully i can post as well :`) P.S: All Combos Been Tested :`)

*Combo#2 (3 Stars Combo): (i Think Everybody knows That but i dont see them doing it on the Matches or Video But i always do it) :`)

Instead of doing a Super After the ABABC in the AIR u Do: CD ==> 236EC ==> 623EA

Maybe that's because Ken rarely uses the ABABC in the air?

Maybe he meant that ABABC after doing 236 D on a floating opponent? Anyway, nice combos. One flaw I see is that most of the combos require considerable amount of boost meter. Not that its bad, but most of Ken's combos do big damage with no boost meter.

Maybe he meant that ABABC after doing 236 D on a floating opponent?

Yup I ment After That

Anyway, nice combos. One flaw I see is that most of the combos require considerable amount of boost meter. Not that its bad, but most of Ken's combos do big damage with no boost meter.

Well U need Only 1 Boost For the 3 Hits i u did it Fast The CD ==> 236EC ==> 623EA :grin:

The times that combo is useful is if you start off a setup where you don't get any stars, you can get 3 OTG hits for -1 a piece. An example is if you connect 2B at mid screen against a standing enemy when you half less than a full boost bar. 2B 2B D 236D > j.C, j.D |> D 236D > sjc.A B A B D |> CD 236CE 6236AE Or I think you can do (as tian suggests)... 2B 2B D 236D > j.C, j.D |> D 236D > sjc.A B A B D |> CD 236236AE, 623A If you don't have IK mode active you can probably shortcut that as 236CD236AE. It's also useful off the DP setup: 623CE(3) 6ABE, D |> 236D ... etc.

The second combo in that is good yeah. The first one is terrible though, you wouldn't want to do that one. If you've got boost and hit 2B you might as well do... 2B 2B 236CE 6CDE 6, D 236D > IAD j.C |> 236D > IAD j.C |> 236D > IAD j.A |> 66D 236D > IAD j.D |> 236236A Or on the characters the close IAD j.C doesn't work on (Shin/Thouther/Raoh and a few others) you can do the j.A version.

Well, these combos have been known for a while now, so nothing new there. The problem, however, is one of consistency. First, you have to keep a constant eye on your boost meter to make sure you have enough. Secondly, the execution is considerably harder than just finishing with Tenha Kassatsu -> Ujoumoushouha (A version) and thus, in a close match, missing can equal defeat (wasted meter and wasted opportunity). Last, but not least, these juggles can miss on some of the characters, so you have to also keep this in mind.

I've gotten the game now and the game engine is pretty foreign to me. How exactly does the combo system work? And what are some good starter combos for Ken that don't require a lot of boost?

Combo system is pretty simple coming from GG. Things to keep in mind that are different from GG: - You don't tech faster as you take more hits in the air, you just fall faster. - Wall bounce is a special state... if you hit someone while they are bouncing, they'll just bounce again. - You can't tech wall bounce or OTG at all. Mid screen no boost B&B: f.D 236D > jc.C, j.D |> D 236D > sjc.A B A B D |> 236236A Sounds complicated but just do it once piece at a time and it's not hard. Things to note are that Ken's f.D and c.D look pretty similar but the f.D seems to have more hitstun, so you need it to get the 236D to connect right. Also, f.D will miss on ducking people so this doesn't work on them (is WILL always work on Heart though). For the jc.C, j.D ... you just jump and then do them one after another very slowly. You can also sometimes do IAD j.C but I don't really like that one as much. On duckers: 2B 2B 2D 623B or 2B 2B 2D 236236A, 236236A With 1 boost: 2B 2B 236CE 6CDE 6, 2C D 236D > IAD j.C |> D 236D > IAD j.A |> D 236236A That's a really shitty version of the basic corner loop with Ken. It's the easiest version though and it pretty much works on anyone.

CD 6, D 236D > IAD j.C |> 236D > IAD j.C |> 236D > IAD j.C |> 236D > IAD j.A |> D 236D > IAD j.C |> 236D > IAD j.D |> 6CDE 6E D 236D > sjc.A B A B D |> 236236A, 236236A, 6E 2B

How do you manage to land this combo? I can't ever land the 236D after j.C, I have to do D 236D IAD j.C to land it, and then I only manage three repetitions, after which I either have to do 236DE to continues or just finish with 236236A. Help would be very eppreciated

Also, after Musou Tensei, you can parry low attacks by hitting down (just down, not down-forward or anything like that) when they hit. Thought I'd add it because it doesn't say in the OP

i tried it on everyone and it seems to work on them all. You have to add an extra 5D in between jC and 236D though. Some characters timing is more strict than others though while im thinking about it little 3 star 70% combo :3 2B-5C-6CD+E-6-2C-5D-236D-IAD-jA-jC-5C-236236A depending on the character will determine if you need to jA-jC or just jC before the 5C-236236A

Now I can do the bnb without any trouble but I had to alter it a bit. Now I just need to practice corner loops and such. :X If you don't have any aura stocks, what is a good move to end a corner combo?

Hrm ... usually you at least get an aura stock just by doing a loop. On the chance you don't have any, I don't think there's a whole lot you can do. 236C and CD are used to end the non-bounce loops but you usually use those in the bounce loops so there's no real reason to use them again. I guess if you could find a way to snake a 623A in there that would work. Better yet, maybe just get your last hit in and do a 214C. The generic loops I'm using right now are: 2B 2B 236CE 6CDE 6, 2C D 236D > IAD j.C |> 236D > IAD j.A |> D 236D > IAD j.B |> 236236A CD 6, 2C D 236D > IAD j.C |> 236D > IAD j.C |> 236D > IAD j.A |> D 236D > IAD j.B |> 236236A I need to expand a bit more on those but they are pretty reliable and not that hard for me at this point. I can also do the special boosty follow up but I haven't managed to get 2 beam supers to connect quite right. And even still they don't seem to add up to nearly 100% ... think I need more IAD j.C reps or something?

Sign in to follow this