Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NickExtreme1

[CS2] Valkenhayn Vs. Platinum

Discuss the Valkenhayn vs. Platinum match-up here.

Punishes:

Mami Circular

6A is the best punish without meter towards Mami Circular thanks to guard point. Leds into a decent 5C > j.B > combo for good damage. Sturm Wolf also makes for a good punish with meter.

Dream Sally:

Any normal or special physical attack Valkenhayn has with exception to Nacth Rozen can pop Platinum's bubbles cleanly. [w](j.)236A or [w]214A/B are optimal punishes in wolf form because it can catch Platinum during the end or her start-up, resulting in a counterhit punish. In human form, 5B is best.

Anti-airing:

Zoning:

Their game plan:

Strategy:

Char specific details:

I can help in giving general advice, but I'll see how it goes. If you watch my match against Platinum you can get an idea of how to do things, or what not to do etc. Or even better there are matches with Hakumadoushi and Masashi.

Without any meter you need to block a lot unfortunately, unless at times you'd like to go for 6A, but it seems a little situational for this match up because Platinum's normals have good range. It may on really work against her Aerial overheads and her 6B overhead.

Remember that Platinum also has a command grab, which unlike Bang and Valkenhayn, she doesn't grab you in one position and runs to you. You can poke her out of it though. The distance usually determines which move is better to use. For example, if she's closer it would be something like 2a whereas if she's further something like 5B/5C.

When Platinum has you in the corner and uses the Dream Sally after a knockdown, just neutral tech. She has a legit oki, and anything else you do will result in you getting caught in the bubble which will take you back to square one.

You need to be aware of Platinum's JC moves because it'll give you an idea of when she's likely to use an instant overhead,especially the frying pan/fan which can earn her a decent combo. Her JC moves are 5A,6A and 5C. Her JD is only an overhead when she has the frying pan/fan or cat staff equipped.

Her 2C or her 6A (both anti airs) can beat your 6C on reaction or your wolf dashes. Therefore, like I was told by Nick, it would be nice to use random wolf dashes to get in and around her.

Apart from this, unless she has her bat (1-7f invulnerability) or 50% heat, try to keep the pressure on her.

I hope this helps.

When it comes down to it, both Plat and Valk are offensive powerhouses with shitty defenses, so it'll probably boil down to who gets started first...

Ok I can give a little insight on this match-up after playing AXIS's Plat at the last to Cas meetings. This is what I've found out:

Valk Vs. Plat is a tough match-up on both ends. Whoever can control the corner stronger & merit strong defense will win. One item that helps determine how I play & space Plat is to keep note of her current item stocked, and if you can; the next item summoned. Depending on which item Platinum is currently using will determine how you approach her. I'll cover this a bit:

Magical Bat

Magical Bat (Air)

Magical Bat (Special)