Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Stormlocke

Robo vs Zappa

Matchup Statistics

Japanese Ranking: 6-4 in Zappa's favor.

Openers: Sit there and block like a champion. Zappa sometime like to run up and do his SRK/Summon to try and get 3 orbs ASAP.

Okizeme: Opponent's tension is below 50% = 2p

Opponent's tension is @ or above 50% = 2p

Punishes: Try to use 2s after Instant Blocking, instead of 2k, 2s.

Counters: Time a Gold Burst to go through Raoh's Super. No seriously.

Anti-airing:

Zoning: [finput][/finput], lol.

Their game plan: Attempt to get a ghost attached to you, and then laugh while you squirm.

Strategy: Try to get meter. Use 5(f)S, 6p. Instant Block as much as you can and use 2s to knockdown. Resist the urge to make missiles. Also be aware that his Insect Super deal can clash with Robo-Dash and mess you up. Try and connect a Level 3 SRK Super. Be patient, real patient.

Char specific details: He can crouch under your 5p. He can also run under your missiles, horsies.

Seriously a difficult match. How do you break out of his ghost pressure? 2s doesn't cut it, and I don't usually have enough tension to 5h FRC.

How do you break out of his ghost pressure? 2s doesn't cut it, and I don't usually have enough tension to 5h FRC.

That is kind of the whole problem. :(

Try to turtle up on a mat and get enough tension to Level 3 SRK any holes in his pressure. Even then it's tough.

I play some good Zappas every once and awhile, but I definitely need more practice with this matchup.

I find for this matchup 5k is your friend, spam it out. You may get hit from time to time but zappa doesnt do much damage to you and it can be worth it to get him off you and get rid of his summon. seriously though this matcup sucks :(

For breaking out of ghost pressure (for me usually occurs in the corner) I lay a mat and just IB for awhile. When I get bored and he stops FRCing/isnt close enough to keep pressuring, TK level 3 missile and start your pressure. even if he launches a vertical ghost when you missile, youll recover fast enough to AD forward or block it. Even then, Zappa can run under missiles really easily so it isn't exactly that helpful I guess :/ At the very worst you can IB till you Dead angle to get rid of ghosts, but I dont find sword with his longer range normals or dog especially good to fight against either.

I find for this matchup 5k is your friend, spam it out. You may get hit from time to time but zappa doesnt do much damage to you and it can be worth it to get him off you and get rid of his summon.

seriously though this matcup sucks :(

If he's naked, he'll usually do f.s or 6P to Centepedes, and that puts him 3 orbs closer to raoh.

Sword: instant block the follow up to his horsie like attack (sry i dont know the name) and punish with horse for CH. he can block if you regular block. When he's pressuring you in the corner with like dog or ghost if you can instant block the second or third hit in his attack string (like a 2k or 5s©) its usually possible to sneak in a sho.