Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kousaka

[CSE] Arakune Video, Critique & Discussion Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXjbFKSXxTU&feature=youtu.be

this, last match. Anything except curse mixups(haven't really trained this)

Good points: You blocked overheads, a good pointer.

Things that need polishing: Your confirms are not really there, you landed hits under wrong conditions and tried to confirm them like the conditions were correct (for example: you did 5a too far away and went into 6b anyway). Your movement was slow and sloppy, made you very predictable. And speaking of which, you're defense was also predictable, after a blocked dead spike, you jumped and Ragna chased you in the air to resume pressure. This happened at least 7 or 8 times, a few of them in a row. Learn your movement options better, and learn to react to dead spike. You can jump over it and j.b, you can forward dash 5d it, you can 2c it, you have options against dead spike, everybody does, even Tager. Also don't barrier block so much, work on your IBs too.

Saw this two part curse tutorial vid today. Some new stuff but mostly old stuff. Well organized though.

Skip to part 2 for the new stuff. 6D bell bug loops seems to do decent damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlBP_waJdCE&list=PL6F35135A6CA49ABB&index=1&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOa9e_MyYhQ&list=PL6F35135A6CA49ABB&index=2&feature=plpp_video

OP'd in this and the combo thread.

Pray-tell, non-Arakune player, find somewhere to start and please point them out.

Serious criticism is taken seriously.

It's mostly the personal things written in the article which gives it a very unprofessional feel but I'm sure you guys can fix that. As for technical stuff I as a non-Arakune could clearly see, only a couple of things really stood out. And sorry I sounded like a dumbass in the previous post. Got emotional about it for some reason. lol

j.C: "This does nothing during curse, pre-curse it's a half decent throw bait that can go into 100% curse. Other than that, it's combo filler"

No crossup overhead? No fake crossup overhead? No mixup, etc?

3C: "Just about the worst move in Arakune's arsenal. No practical use pre-curse, no practical use in curse"

Surely it can be used sort of the same way as 214C during curse. I mean the purpose of the move isn't really to hit someone with it. But it could be pretty bad considering there is a 214C so excuse my poor judgement.

j.2A/C: "During curse, it's a combo staple/guard crusher. Also used to set up the unblockable."

Assuming by unblockable you mean 6D to 2C, can't it also be used for crossups during curse and not just guard crush?

It's mostly the personal things written in the article which gives it a very unprofessional feel but I'm sure you guys can fix that. As for technical stuff I as a non-Arakune could clearly see, only a couple of things really stood out. And sorry I sounded like a dumbass in the previous post. Got emotional about it for some reason. lol

j.C: "This does nothing during curse, pre-curse it's a half decent throw bait that can go into 100% curse. Other than that, it's combo filler"

No crossup overhead? No fake crossup overhead? No mixup, etc?

3C: "Just about the worst move in Arakune's arsenal. No practical use pre-curse, no practical use in curse"

Surely it can be used sort of the same way as 214C during curse. I mean the purpose of the move isn't really to hit someone with it. But it could be pretty bad considering there is a 214C so excuse my poor judgement.

j.2A/C: "During curse, it's a combo staple/guard crusher. Also used to set up the unblockable."

Assuming by unblockable you mean 6D to 2C, can't it also be used for crossups during curse and not just guard crush?

I see what you mean. I honestly thank you for your feedback.

As for j.c, the Fatal Counter properties does nothing special for Arakune in curse, it seems you took it out of context. Your other notes on j.c are indeed accurate and I neglected to include them, I'll throw in those changes ASAP.

3c has it's uses here and there, but the practicality of it isn't noteworthy in my opinion, we (The Arakune community) could get a discussion going on to make proper changes.

Dive cross ups are not practical, since the speed got nerfed in CT, it can easily be blocked in any situation, so as far as curse pressure goes, it's good for chipping primers.

And yes, by the unblockable reset I refer to 6d and 2c.

To get some better information out of your feedback, what exactly did not stand out, and what do you mean by "standing out"?

Other things were mostly hidden in the personal stuff and not exactly technical about Arakune himself but they were inappropriate.

e.g: "unless used for combos, which required decent execution to do anyway" there's just no need for things like that.

Another one I noticed about the moves was 6B: "No use during curse."

I'm sure that's not right. There's an entire section for 6B mixup opportunities in the Arakune tutorial video.

Other things were mostly hidden in the personal stuff and not exactly technical about Arakune himself but they were inappropriate.

e.g: "unless used for combos, which required decent execution to do anyway" there's just no need for things like that.

Another one I noticed about the moves was 6B: "No use during curse."

I'm sure that's not right. There's an entire section for 6B mixup opportunities in the Arakune tutorial video.

I see what you're getting across. In my defense, I listed just about every technical aspect of his moves, but you have to account for the execution curve. I'll edit it if other Arakune players find it unnecessary.

Also please note that I wrote that up before the video was posted.

I see what you're getting across. In my defense, I listed just about every technical aspect of his moves, but you have to account for the execution curve. I'll edit it if other Arakune players find it unnecessary.

Also please note that I wrote that up before the video was posted.

Ah I see. Well now you can correct it. Anyways, sorry if I sounded rude.

No problem at all, I appreciate the criticism, I'm only one man, one player, the wiki should be a collaboration.

real "non-arakune player" is real

not everybody is a troll like me skye XD

btw I personally love 3C to fight tager doing 236B if spacing is correct, or people zoning, but thats coz im crazy. I think it can still go into tk super and all the other curse stuff it used to do.

I've figured that Zeero, you scrub.

3c has it's uses when catching people off guard, like Tager and zoners, but it's still unreliable, it goes into all of his old stuff and a few new stuff, but only on ground hit, air hit forces emergency tech.

Still, the risk outweighs the reward greatly, I'm sure you've whiffed the move before or had it blocked.

im a troll not a scrub =( I should get my tag changed =\

I have never hit anyone in the air with 3C really...

Well if you're building a wiki then you should list uses of moves even though its risk outweighs its rewards. Its rewards are pretty big if you ask me... so i dunno why ur so rejecting to this move.

Doing stuff that nobody would expect is part of mind games sir

3c sucks don't use it outside of curse. It has some match up uses but it still sucks.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

3c is a move Copperdabbit would use a.k.a it's ass.

J.C > 214C is my shit. It's amazing for oki against mashy people (everyone). It also beats out a ton of things like Tsubaki DP, Hakumen counter and a ton of other stuff. It can also be used after 6A to beat out stuff like Hakumen low counter if they expect the 5D.

Shit like 5A > J.C > 214C is legit in this game.

I tried using that way back and got blown up for it, as for making strings air tight, 6a > 2b is air tight and resets the pressure string. As for 5a, people barrier block me like it's their life link, so I can't even try to go into j.c.

has anyone gone through all the material from that 2 part tutorial vid? i gave everything in the vids a try but some things seem not as useful in real games. Some are still pretty interesting though.

3a>5a>6b setups - similar to 3a>3a>6a setups but there is a huge issue when opponent gets hit randomly 6b will just knock them away

tech catch during curse from after 6b>j6d or 2c>6d - this thing doesn't work if you reach the corner.. it'll usually combo together

tech catch from jC>jD - there's some strict timing on this to catch back rolls.. too fast it will combo sometimes too.. i also had some issues with hitboxes and the A bug (need more testing)

6d loop reps.. i did these in casuals recently.. in corner it's a easy way to do 100% burst safe loops.. as a screen carry not that great.. and might just be me but on some characters (makoto) it's really easy to whiff 6d

some things ive been working on but could use some help testing/advice:

2c>6d (rc) >2c >6d - i've only got this to work on tager.. i've seen it in vids work on ragna.. need to this which characters this works on and timing notes

2c>6d (rc) into curse> 2c>6c bug > 6a (3a bug) into setup - the C bug never makes it in time for me.. might be just me unable to time the second 2C properly... need help

corner combo ending in air dash land 5d >6b bug>6a(3a bug) into setup - this 6b bug 90% of the time fails to make it on time - i dont' know why..

curse building ender d bug down>5d>JD>6b> tk cloud > 2d pressure - i don't understand how to time/space my 5d without messing up the D bug down

6d is troll at best, it leaves out a lot of maneuvering space for resets, in the corner, it's good though, but positioning can be problematic, at least from what I've experienced.

The 6b set up is iffy, for the reasons you stated. Especially when your opponent holds 9 the second they are out of block stun.

oh yeah your right on about the 6b setup being iffy, i just remembered that i had a few times where after 6b i went for JC crossup.. if they're barrier quite often it won't crossup.. where as with 6a since it pulls them in doesn't usually happen