Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kousaka

[CSE] Arakune Technical & Gameplay Discussion Thread

-to connect the 5d all has to be pretty fast and low to the ground.. too slow and they'll land and you'll whiff 5d as they tech

-FC is a fatal counter, arakune's 5c on fatal counter causes them to float towards you

-to connect the 5d all has to be pretty fast and low to the ground.. too slow and they'll land and you'll whiff 5d as they tech

-FC is a fatal counter, arakune's 5c on fatal counter causes them to float towards you

ah. ok thank you.

duh! fatal counter! oh my god im stupid. lol. i was totally blanking on that.

you can try iad barrier to be lower or try 6B>iad barrier>5D>etc

does using barrier make a difference? (as opposed to... not using it?) lol

does using barrier make a difference? (as opposed to... not using it?) lol

yes, it changes trajectory like j.4A/j.4B/j.4C, i.e. you falling to the ground.

That only works on a clean (5a >) 6b starter, if you were to go win with j.b and try to confirm it, it won't work like that, you'll have to use the j.d > 6b > IAD j.d > 5d.

Am I the only who think that his new 5C is just horrible and shit? Seriously, I can't combo if i hit too high or if the adversary is too close in the air... the former 5C was really better ><

Well, it's more that I can't combo with efficacity: I have to jump straight, and i can't do combo with dive cancel, I can only do jA > doublejump > jA> jC > jD... Maybe it's just me, but still ><

On fatal the opponent floats towards you. You can walk forward or back a bit and adjust before the combo.

I haven't tested all the characters but pause until they are low enough for 5d then Ja>jc>a or b dive>dive cancel 5d> sjA>jc>jd

Don't bother with jumping straight uo. B dive works on most of the cast. On the last loop characters like Tao and makoto require a delay before ja.

It's right that i didn't try to just wait a little... will do that if it work. I do Bdive on all since as you say it work, it's just that sometimes i couldn't because of the vacuum effect (i really hope that's waiting is the solution).

yes, it changes trajectory like j.4A/j.4B/j.4C, i.e. you falling to the ground.

That only works on a clean (5a >) 6b starter, if you were to go win with j.b and try to confirm it, it won't work like that, you'll have to use the j.d > 6b > IAD j.d > 5d.

ah. ok. thanks guys. :)

The wiki is up, if any adjustments or corrections need to be made to the Arakune section, we can discuss them here.

let's talk about wiki

precurse combos:

(5A>)2A>5D > IAD j.4AA > 2A > 5B > 5D > IAD j.4AA > 6B > j.6D

CA>236236C>etc for 100%(don't forget it can't kill)

(random starter)>6B>iad j.2A>etc for close to corner combos

j.C FC>etc

100% 5C combo only for FC

2B AA>etc

2C FC>5A/5D combo>etc

jp wiki says 2C RC is char specific, some chars needs normal jump, haven't tested this in csex, can be done after single 2A

and other like different j.B combos

combo list(my attempt to write about arakune) http://www.fighting.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5978 in ( Комбо без курса ) section

about poke usage:

6C can be used like noels 2D(but not so broken shit), it have very strange vulnerable box, beats slow low attacks for 70%/100% with rc

2C punish when you're not enough close for other options

I never thought of using 6c like that, it definitely beats any attack and hits low (not low or foot attribute), not sure about mids though, I think back in my experimental CT days I got blown up for trying to use it like that.

I don't think that 100% curse is possible from 5a > 2a, the pushback was always too big when I attempted it, and the 2a one is also very hard, I only recall pulling it off consistently on Tager, we should determine the character specifics of that combo first so we can accurately tell who it does and does not work on.

I'm sure I added 2c RC and j.c FC.

2b, I'll get to work on.

I'll add CA and the corner combo if I haven't already.

I also need to test the gold burst combo. I don't know what it is, but it doesn't work that well in CSE and I've yet to pull it off right since CS2.

I just try it on Ragna, I will test it against other character but i think it will work on everyone:

Airthrow > IAD > j2B > j2A > DC > 5D > [jA > jC > jD] or [jA > jB > jC > j2B > DC > 2C > 6D] (If you do the 6D too later he will be able to tech before hitting the bell).

The tips here is that you can delay the j2B > j2A in order to see the ground and be able to DC more easily (be careful, J2C DC get a different timing than j2B or j2A).

ps: Waiting doesn't solve my problem with 5C when the adversary is too close and too high from me ,but at least I can do 5C jC jD

i think i've seen ver doing 100% from airthrow, but can't find it(

also you can 6C RC for iad barrier j.B/2A mixup, can be hard to block and safe, but you must be able to do curse combos and have good hitcomfirm.

would some vids of 5c fc help? From your comments and issues it sounds more like your doing a super jump on the first rep which causes issues.

That air throw Iad combo sounds interesting. I'll give it a try this week

If you're going to super jump, just do j.a > j.c > j.1a.

Normal jump is j.a > j.b (2) > j.c > j.1a.

I see where we misunderstand. I speak about a normal 5C, not a 5C FC.

About the airthrow combo, it seems that the timing change depending on the perso for the j2B. If it's legit against all character, I will say it. (But I think If you wait before doing j2B, it will be okay).

Also, it's better to do jA > jC > jD to finish it because the bell bug is very unstable because of j2A prorate.

It's possible to do Airthrow > backIAD > j2A also, but i found it a little more hard than the previous.

The 5c air combo is the exact same as it's been since CS2, in fact, I found the vacuum effect to make it easier. 5c > j.a > j.c > j.2a > DC 5d > j.a > j.c [j.d/j.2a > CD 2c > 6d]

It's the contrary for me, because of what I've said. And I took the abit to always do the j2B DC... So it's shit. Thankfully, I don't hit the adversary very high often.

But I like the vacuum effect for 6A > 5C > 236236C ending. You still got maximum damage from the DD.

What exactly happens? Do you cross yourself up?

Yeah, he go to the opposite side and I jump on the wrong. But as I said, It's a situation that doesn't come often. Still it's annoying when you know that you can have at least 70% curse from it.

Interesting to keep in mind, I've only had issues with it after testing it out when the opponent was as you said, too high or too close, but in all the casuals I've played in 5c hit regularly. It is, again, as you said, a situation that doesn't come up often.