Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kousaka

[CSE] Arakune Technical & Gameplay Discussion Thread

While watching some replays online of a japanese arakune, I noticed something interesting. At 3:05 he RCs his j.236C into j.C and attempts (or looks like he's attempting) a dive loop. Now he doesn't connect with 5D the dive and I'm not 100% sure if it's due to poration or something else, but he confirms with a CH j.6C(?) into j.236C and RCs it into j.C. I checked the boards and I haven't seen this combo posted so I figured I would post it here and maybe someone would try it out before I came home tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLsn9_DgRbg&feature=g-all&context=G2cc49cdFAAAAAAAAFAA

Yeah that's always existed (on normal and counter hit), just sorta forgot about since there are easier confirms off of j.6x with an extra jump. I guess I can put it in the combo thread/wiki.

Is this combo listed?

Near corner but not close enough for usual corner combo.

5A > 6B > (jc) j.66 > J.2A > DC > 6B > IAD J.D > 5D > (jc) > J.A > J.C > J.D for 100% curse.

Of course you can change the combo around depending on starter.

Is this combo listed?

Near corner but not close enough for usual corner combo.

5A > 6B > (jc) j.66 > J.2A > DC > 6B > IAD J.D > 5D > (jc) > J.A > J.C > J.D for 100% curse.

Of course you can change the combo around depending on starter.

I'll add it.

What's the variation of it if we got a few hits of j.b as a starter.

I'll figure that out in a few minutes and update this post with it.

J.B > 5A > 6B > IAD > J.2A DC > 6B > IAD > J.D > 6B > IAD > J.D > 5D. 100% curse.

Did a bit of an overhaul on the combo thread, included more info on resets, unblockables and curse set ups, organized the layout a bit, made it easier to find certain things.

Will touch more on resets, but I included one I worked on in training mode.

hey guys, just started ara today and im trying this combo 6a > 5d > IAD j.4aa > 2a > 5b > 5d > IAD j.4aa > 6b > j.6d

Adds 100% curse; im not sure if the second a in the IAD j.4aa is supposed to be a 5a but thats how ive been doing it, and i get to the 2nd IAD j.4aa then im too far for 6b, any ideas on what im doing wrong? ive tried waiting a bit during the IAD to let ara get further b4 doing j.4a but its either i hit where i do or opponent recovers.

j.aa means 2 j.as.

dam, is there some where in one of those videos where he does that? when i IAD i can only get 1 j.4a in then i hit the ground, so is it 1 j.4a and 1 just j.a?

dam, is there some where in one of those videos where he does that? when i IAD i can only get 1 j.4a in then i hit the ground, so is it 1 j.4a and 1 just j.a?

You have no idea how hard I looked for this. Here's an old vid of me doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LI9VXCvk0bE#t=970s

And there is a version that only used one j.a and a 5a, though it hasn't been tested for character specifications.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3PRBleV8AyM#t=303s

kewl ty! i actually am running into the same problem that i was b4 even tho im using j.4aa correctly now, these vids should help!

I use 9.

Closing the distance by jumping forward is essential for stability.

ok kewl, thats what mah problem has been then >:D for some reason ara wont dash like my other characters will with 9, normally i can just press 9 then 6 and they will IAD, but ara kinda just floats around, made me think i was supposed to b using 8 >.>

it because height restrictions for his airdash. Some combos are really tight for iad timing, like 5A>2A>5B>5D>iad j.4AA>5B>5D, because you can land too far for 5B>5D if you hit j.4AA too early.

when i hit mu with fatal counter 2c from close up, i can't do the usual 5a jc j.a (j.a) j.C dive cancel stuff like most characters....is there a way to get dive cancel to work in these situations ... and are there other characters this happens with?

You need to do j.A > j.B > j.C > B dive. You need to do it on tsubaki/Rachel I forget who else. I think this version works on everyone.

it's the same exceptions as CS1 almost, for mu close up 2c FC (ie point blank + side change)

-2c FC >5a > jump straight up >JA>JC> A dive> JA>(JB>)JC>JD

it's a special case for point blank 2c side change, haven't retested in csex but off the top of my head:

noel, mu, lambda, litchi

-in cs1 works on ragna, tager also but JC hitbox change makes this fail

Alrighty guys, I updated the OP with pressure options and what not, let me hear some suggestions and comments. I will also get started on the defense sections soon, I'd like to hear your thoughts on that as well.

Maybe useful to include how arakune's zoning works? Like how to use each type of cloud and what their strengths are (like how using full screen teleport with the cloud that surrounds arakune can trap your opponent between arakune and the cloud or combining 6d and j.6d / j.4d with the overhead cloud, and how you can just keep re-summoning 6d to trap your opponent when you get the cloud that follows them). The regular uses of 6d, j.d, and when good times are to summon cloud.....basically the arakune flow chart lol. Shouldn't take too long to do defense section lol right? So many defensive options to cover :P (mash mash, mash... and barrier and backdash I guess ha)

Ps. I just saw the titles of the matchup threads. LOL.

I can do the regular uses, as that would be standard. Most of the other things you mentioned are in the wiki.

I see. Think i mistook pressure as a more general term than you mean cuz after taking another read you are mostly dealing with block strings and not general zoning as as a form of pressure in the pre-curse pressure section.

Unrelated, I'm sure this has been asked somewhere before, but why does souji summon clouds while doing corner curse combos? I feel like there was some reason besides trolling but idk. Some ppl say it's buffering bugs, but buffering bugs is already worked into the combo isnt it? so....

PS. i didn't find the vid i was thinking of, but here's an example of the dust cloud during combo. is it burst bait??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56reqGsHZEk&t=2m53s

pss (sorry for the noobish questions...only recently started taking kune seriously as a sub/main)

I don't know either why he does it.

I figured it was a cute thing to make him original.