Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kousaka

[CSE] Arakune Technical & Gameplay Discussion Thread

Wow, didn't realize this thread had so many updates since I'd last checked it. Guess I should've given it another read sooner instead of asking nooby questions that are already answered here *laughs*

Anyway, question:

I'm having a problem with doing cursed 3AA>6A/4B>]5CD[>jc j.C(not crossup)>stuff mixup against Hazama. I sometimes have the j.C whiff, which seems to depend on when he switches between crouching/standing block. What am I doing wrong?

The problem is probably that you are pushing them too far away. You have to keep in mind that 4b and the D-bug push your opponent away from you. In most cases, both of these attacks will push them too far away for you to j.C them. Also, make sure u are pressing j.C as soon as you leave the ground. If u use 4b, u will have to a-dive over them to continue pressure. Finally, make sure you j.C them before the d-bug hits so they don't get pushed too far away. 6a j.C should work every time since it pulls them toward you.

As a side note, it's much easier to do 3aa > sj.c > ]a[ > j.1c > ]1d[ ..... Which is a cross up overhead immune to dp's anyway.

.and no one blocks it...but yeah if u want a straight up overhead, that way I mentioned should work

So I guess I should walk forward a bit more after 3AA before doing 4B. Probably just been rushing it from underestimating A bug blockstun.

As a side note, it's much easier to do 3aa > sj.c > ]a[ > j.1c > ]1d[ ..... Which is a cross up overhead immune to dp's anyway.

.and no one blocks it...but yeah if u want a straight up overhead, that way I mentioned should work

Thanks, I'll try that out too.