Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kousaka

[CSE] Arakune Technical & Gameplay Discussion Thread

your airdashing too early which causes you to be too low and not have enough time for two j4AA because you land too soon and get 5A

Try air dashing a little above head level.

CSE Arakune feels a lot like CS2 Arakune, but smoother, like, a lot smoother. A few things to note.

• 6a 100% curse set up is easier to pull off, the faster jump makes it less stiff.
  • Oh yeah, jump feels faster.
  • 2c > 6d is awesome.
  • 6b > 6d works.
  • Curse combos are the exact same.
  • 5c takes a load of time to get used to due to the vacuum effect.
  • j.c trajectory change could possibly make dive cancels universal.
  • He has real mix up pre-curse.

He feels a lot stronger.

we finally get cse at the arcades today and yeah i agree, cse arakune feels alot more like cs1

-6d is really awesome, it can be used to end some combos with 6d directly into unblockables as long as they miss the bell bug

-air dash speed, jump speed all faster

-the new system changes to barrier and ib barrier make defending much easier

will write more later about 6d tomorrow after i experiment more.. the lineups are kinda long though

SO after a bit of research, 5c FC goes into 100% again.

As I theorized, 5c FC > 5d connects, from all ranges (max range/height mean you have to delay the 5d, but it still works).

Now when it hits, it hits high so you need to super jump j.a > j.b (2 hits) > *j.c > dive*.

*Here is where it gets tricky, it slightly character specific from here, using the j.c trajectory change, you can maneuver Arakune to land a dive correctly.

For Ragna, I used jc > j.3b

For Jin/Rachel/Carl/Noel, I used j4c > j.2a

From there, you dive cancel 5d > sj.a > j.b (2 hits) > j.c > j.d

I didn't test on all characters, just the iffy ones that it DCing is normally hard to do.

It's a little exciting.

would it help if we translate the jp wiki combos? i did it in cs1 but not cs2.. in csex the bnb's haven't changed much outside of 2a>2c>6d replacing 5a>6b>j6d

i tried out skye's 5c fc > 5d curse combo a bit and it does seem to work.. i couldnt' find anything about it in the jp wiki though so it might be something that everyone just overlooked

i still haven't figured out anything stable for air throw combos.. especially when your super low to the ground but ive been experimenting with airdash jC and double jump jC direction cancel A/B dive into dive combo

I figured under conditions you can't combo from it, just j.236c or cloud.

Edit: Yes please, translate the jp wiki combos.

I did. Hours ago.

His fundamental combo basis is not too different from CS2.

problem with 5C ch 5D (from CS1) was

1) distance - if they're too far 5D doesnt reach, which is now better with 5C pulling them in. but now you have those weird cases where you hit them too close that 5C pulls them behind you and 5D whiffs (and you die)

2) height - if they're too high (superjump/double jump height) 5C ch doesnt have enough hitstun. basically only works with airdashes

In the end, its not too practical... 5C ch gives 70% anyways, why are you arakune players so greedy?!?! guaranteed random clouds, (AAAAAA) 2C 6D (into 2D/j6D/cloud oki) easy curse, 8k off random hits, corner unblockables, infinite guard crushes with Counter Assault nerf, what more do you want?!?!? warararar

I love Arakune <3

We all do.

I'll need to go back and test what you said, I've done 5c > 5d point blank and I never got crossed up even when it looked inevitable.

I also tested on the highest possible jump 5c could hit at.

Michigan got casuals today, so I'll be able to personally test the practicality of 5c FC > 5d.

hmm i think the crossup issue might be character specific.. if i remembered correctly it happened to plat jC? and noel 2d (i think)

In practice mode, it does cross up extremely close and very high in the air, but that simply requires a delay in 5d.

During an actual match, I pulled a few off successfully. My biggest issue is not correctly confirming it, like I do a normal hit 5c and assume it's a FC or something. Just takes practice.

I see no problem with using it if you absolutely know or is able to confirm the FC.

The wiki is up, if any adjustments or corrections need to be made to the Arakune section, we can discuss them here.

air throw > air dash jc

Does not work. I tried so many times with no luck. But its still listed in jp wiki. Anyone else try it?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Oh man just started properly learning Arakune. Did almost 11k with a 2C starter. I did 1 spin, 1 6C and 1 dive. How can I improve my combos? Replace all spins with dives?

the reason you do one of each is because of repeat move proration. Depending on the proration (2C being his best starter) you can add a second dive rep usually B dive in corner (j3b>6cd).

Also from the new vid 6d bell bug can be used to add damage anywhere as it doesn't seem to have repeat move proration.

air throw > air dash jc

Does not work. I tried so many times with no luck. But its still listed in jp wiki. Anyone else try it?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I tried it out when I was updating combos, I couldn't get it either.

I saw Master Kou do this once... probably character specific

airthrow super early double jump delayed jc j2a 5d jacd

what happens is your super early double jump goes under them and crosses up, and then the delay causes your jC to face your opponent instead of away, so j2a somehow works lol.

I saw Master Kou do this once... probably character specific

airthrow super early double jump delayed jc j2a 5d jacd

what happens is your super early double jump goes under them and crosses up, and then the delay causes your jC to face your opponent instead of away, so j2a somehow works lol.

Yeah, that's the standard air throw combo, you can get optimal meter out of it if you end it with j.c > j.2a > DC 2c > 6d.

5a > 6b > IAD j.6d > 6b > IAD j.6d > 5d

Corner only, Adds 100% curse

i cant connect with 5d at the end... what am i doing wrong? does it need to be delayed? or am i doing it too slowly?

5c FC > 5d > sj.a > j.b (2 hits) > [j.4c > j.2a or j.c > j.3b] > DC 5d > sj.aa > j.b (2 hits) > j.c > j.d

Adds 100% curse

also, what does FC mean?