Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kousaka

[CSE] Arakune Technical & Gameplay Discussion Thread

I was hardcore netplay in CT, but after that, I played less and less, by CS2, I was done with anything netplay.

Dive > b > c bug

3a strings

b bug > c bug

These are all good lock down tools.

Thanks. One more issue, and this will sound silly.

How do I correctly set up CD bugs in the corner? From a 3A string, if I do a CD I'll end up doing 3C. It crosses up but it's not what I'm going for since it takes my opponent out of the corner. I have to rely on 6C confirms and once in a blue moon I'll correctly land j5C > j214C > 6C bug > 6D bug. Both are overheads, and both rarely connect since my opponents instinctively block high during curse.

I'm guessing my best bet is to do 2C and hold the bug until I can shift to 6C?

you can press CD during 2A startup, or use barrier to press C or D(not same time, lol). Or do something relatively safe while you pressing buttons.

pressing 3cd during 3a startup is the best way. You'll get used to the timing. It is easy to get 2d or 3c by accident since 2a goes into them.

As for a low mix up after it's usually between 2b and jc. You get 2 tries and depending on which hit hits or guard breaks follow up a dive>c dive to confirm.

There is a good section in the jp curse tutorial vid on this scenario.

I do 2c > 6cd bug the same way I do them midscreen.

Anyone mess around with 6D after a blue burst? It seems if they neutral tech and they don't block they get hit by Arakune's head and into the bell bug for free curse and Oki. If they tech back they have to block the Bell Bug. I need to test it some more, so far I have been getting some milage out of this tech.

Sounds interesting, how about its abilities to stuff air attacks?

I have only tested this in matches but I have gotten counterhits before. Also this setup works off throws and counter assault, if you don't have meter of course. I should test this in training mode to see if its a legit strat or just some scrub killing gimmick.

Updated the thread with the new (lolkinda) and tested gold burst combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWFnDVxZvh0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The 6D tech used mid match. I have tested it in training mode and it is best used while you're in the corner so they don't tech forward and blow you up. In that situation if the Noel had neutral teched she would have to block Arakune's Head.

Of course it is just some dumb gimmick but it works against people who aren't aware.

I've started using 6a>5c>6d during corner curse loop. So far it does decent damage and stays valid when I have time for a 4th relaunch. This old news?

How much damage do you get? I'm interested, because 6a and 5c have repeat proration.

I don't think the damage is anything higher than the usual curse combo.

It was in a match, basically I got curse when the guy was against the wall. There was no real start up as he was caught with cd bugs after an emergency tech. So I did standard pinwheel cd bug rekka cd bug j.a dive cd bug, but I still had meter and improvised 6a 5c 6d because of the 6d headbutt. After laser ender (because I wanted to push it) I got just under 10k and the combo stayed valid. I'll experiment with starters and replacing other parts of the loop when I get home to compare damage

Ah, I misunderstood. You said loop so I thought the combo was nothing but 6a > 5c > 6d with the obligatory bugs.

It definitely warrants research and provides a new option.

So after playing in the lab, I've found using 6a 5c 6d in the corner does slightly more damage when using it on the third rep of curse if replacing the dive. The nice thing is holding 6 after 6a still leads to 5c - so 6c when held gives the tongue lick with a 6c bug. I'm even more exited that situationally it works for corner push. So if you are close to corner (like quarter screen) pinwheel cd bug 6a 5c 6d pushes them into corner without going blue or resetting and they eat the corner d bug. There is time to walk forward and continue the combo or do a corner reset. I used to use 6b after d bug pickup for corner push, but 6d is lengthening the combo and still allows for a reset. I'm pretty hype about 6d now.

So after playing in the lab, I've found using 6a 5c 6d in the corner does slightly more damage when using it on the third rep of curse if replacing the dive. The nice thing is holding 6 after 6a still leads to 5c - so 6c when held gives the tongue lick with a 6c bug. I'm even more exited that situationally it works for corner push. So if you are close to corner (like quarter screen) pinwheel cd bug 6a 5c 6d pushes them into corner without going blue or resetting and they eat the corner d bug. There is time to walk forward and continue the combo or do a corner reset. I used to use 6b after d bug pickup for corner push, but 6d is lengthening the combo and still allows for a reset. I'm pretty hype about 6d now.

Great find Tokyo!

Ok I wanna ask a question about mr. hive

In the 2nd part of the jap tutorial video the last combo was a corner curse starter. Dive a Dive cd bug. Then he walks back and does the bell bug with c and d bug and the opponent gets hit. This is great for when you opponent is trying to burst but how do you do it?

What r the inputs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWFnDVxZvh0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The 6D tech used mid match. I have tested it in training mode and it is best used while you're in the corner so they don't tech forward and blow you up. In that situation if the Noel had neutral teched she would have to block Arakune's Head.

Of course it is just some dumb gimmick but it works against people who aren't aware.

Okay I thought this was some gimmick shit but it actually seems to be legit. The mileage I am getting off this after a Counter Assault is amazing.

Great find Tokyo!

Ok I wanna ask a question about mr. hive

In the 2nd part of the jap tutorial video the last combo was a corner curse starter. Dive a Dive cd bug. Then he walks back and does the bell bug with c and d bug and the opponent gets hit. This is great for when you opponent is trying to burst but how do you do it?

What r the inputs?

Good to see you back. Do you mean his unblockable reset? v=dRBRy72_6ZE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No, he's talking about this.

It's simply (set up) > j.3a > j.3cd > walk back > delay 6dc xN