Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kousaka

[CSE] Arakune Q&A/FAQ Thread

Possible, but harder than any other character for some reason. You have to delay the IAD with him, really not worth it if you ask me, just mash 66/44 after a jump instead.

It's tacked down to muscle memory, you have to press 66/44 later than expected, but you have to press it fast, if it makes any sense.

In situations where I have no need to go for a curse reset (like when all the stars align and I get a clean confirm into curse loop in the corner) after pinwheel, rekka, dive, I have been adding a j.c 2c release cd bugs and it seems to do a nice chunk of added damage (as long as j.c wasn't in the starter). Has anyone played around with this? It looks like a nice alternative to adding a second dive if you have enough meter.

Most damaging combos I've found so far:

mid-screen: starter>6CDbugs>[6C>5C>6Cbug>2C]>5Dbug> cross over jump j.2B>j.2C>5CDbugs>j.2A>6Abug5CDbugs>6A>5C>laserX2

corner: starter>6CDbugs>[6C>5C>6Cbug>2C]>6Dbug>j.2B>j.2A>6Abug6CDbugs>cross over jump j.C>j.2C>6CDbugs>6A>5C>laserX2

Both do around 13k with 2C starter and if you get enough D bug hits in, wich means you've got to release the bugs as soon as possible for the opponent to be high enough in the air.

The execution of the Red part in the corner combo is harder to do on some characters than others (Jin, Noel, Rachel, etc.), but it's possible, you only need them to be the highest possible in the air before hitting them with the j.C.

If you run out curse meter before the last bit (in blue), you can do Dive Cancel 6B, I haven't tried out if you can do full recurse yet, but you should be able to.

Do you mean j.C>j.2C? If so, I have, as you can see. You can do 3 dives in a single combo.

Yes. Good to hear, I just haven't seen anyone do it, and it's become a staple in my final death combo game. After you connect cd bugs from j.c have you to tried adding a 2c before the d bug relaunch? Basically it's like adding a curse starter into the middle of the loop since j.c can continue to avoid same move proration, but I don't know if landshark 2c helps at all.

I think it's better to hit them with 6A>5C>laser at the end since both the spider and the laser deal guaranteed damage by themselves, so if you hit them with 2C before the D bug launches the opponent they'll be way to high for the spider hitbox to hit and you'll end up doing less damage. You use 2C if you aren't sure if the opponent will be able to tech before the D bug pops them up if it didn't hit enough times.

First combo here is also a death combo different than mine.

I've recently started playing CS2 after maining Arakune in CS1 and just wondering about a couple things:

What is a good anti air besides 5C?

After a FC 5C can you still do two dive cancels? It recently blue beat when trying it on a Tager and I wasn't sure if its just my execution.

What do you do about getting rush down, I relied on IB 5A and backdash last game but it doesn't get me out of trouble consistently as it use to.

other than 5c there really isn't any good ones.. 2b is situationally good

after 5C fatal you can't do two dive cancels.. they will tech on the last jC usually.. this is due to repeat move proration on dive...

against rush down there isn't much that can be done besides what your doing.. you can situationally jump out... gold burst.. reversal supers.. situational 2b.. counter assault

-the problem is with a lot of characters rushdown being pretty safe with plus frame pressure moves.. the nerf to IB and arakune's jump has really hurt him..

best defense now is runaway/zoning.. i know.. easier said then done

6C can be effective against characters who like to dash in with quick low pokes because his hitbox changes. Plus 6C with with 50 heat can lead to full curse - worth the risk if you know what's coming. About 2B: are there any decent aa followups outside of brief amusement?

6c is too risky at times, it's worth it if there's a big enough gap in a blockstring vs low mashers, but it's more of a matter of yomi than reaction, fun fact though, CH 6c (no rekkas) goes into 5a, j.a, j.c, j.d. With 6c's proration, you may be able to afford going for a dive cancel.

As for 2b, there is one non CH follow up and it's vs grounded opponent's only, it also depends on range.

2b > 2a > 5b > 5d - close range only.

2b > 2a > 5a > 6b > j.6d - mid range.

2b > 2a > 2c (with 50 meter > RC 5d > j.a > j.c > j.d) - max range.

CH changes the story, CH is the only way to follow up on air hit, refer to CT combos or CS1 Dive combos.

Grounded CH can go into 5a > 6b, or 2d (lol, good times).

Thank you for the help, I've been really struggling this game but Ill try and add 2B in my game. The timing for a quick 5B anti air is still lost to me but I read it can be useful.

5b AA is situational for badly spaced air approaches.

2b is situational as well, but it low profiles.

It's best to training mode what you can and can't 2b.

I'll save you the trouble to trying on Ragna, I experimented on him already.

2b beats his j.a, j.c and j.d and it trades with j.b in your favor. It recovers in time to IB a BE and it low profiles TK Gauntlet and j.ID.

For Jin it beats his j.2c at certain ranges, and it will obviously beat j.c if Jin is dumb enough to try it in 2b range.

That's all I've tested so far, give it a shot.

I think this is the right place to ask, but in my seemingly revolving door of secondaries, I've decided to curiously try my hand with Arakune (and Tsubaki). So I guess my first question would be, well...generally how hard is he to pick up, aside from being pretty different from a traditional character, and what the most important things to remember when playing him are?

Arakune is, in my opinion, one of the hardest characters to learn, especially now since he's the worst he's ever been in BB.

First you need to get his movement down, that's your foundation. You need to get a firm grasp on his two separate elements, pre-curse and curse, which are completely different with their own learning curves. From there, just take a look at videos, and search through this very Q&A thread to see if any of your questions have already been answered.

Then training mode.

Lots of training mode.

Compared to most of the people on here who play Arakune, I might seem like a bit of a scrub but can I get any help with improving combos?

My main combo is (during curse): 6C>5C (B, D bugs) >2C, 5C (C bug), D bug lifts them up, j6C, j236C (D bug), 5C, D bug lifts them up, jA, jB, jC, F of G

Sometimes I repeat the j236C part and lead into f-inverse and so on.

Compared to most of the people on here who play Arakune, I might seem like a bit of a scrub but can I get any help with improving combos?

My main combo is (during curse): 6C>5C (B, D bugs) >2C, 5C (C bug), D bug lifts them up, j6C, j236C (D bug), 5C, D bug lifts them up, jA, jB, jC, F of G

Sometimes I repeat the j236C part and lead into f-inverse and so on.

...Well. I admire your individuality. 0_o

The regular curse combo is;

Starter > D Bug Up > j.236CD > (D Bug Down) walk forward > (D Bug Up) 6C (6CD in corner) > 5CD > (D Bug Down) 2C > (D Bug Up) j.2A > j.2CD (J.3CD in corner) > Ender.

Ender can be;

5C > Laser Super (x2)

100% Curse Reset (With 100 Meter)

Trap (Cloud + Bellbug)

Pressure (IAD J.4B) on wakeup for example)

etc

Beginner's Curse guide I made is here.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11983-CS2-Arakune-Curse-Thread

It's not perfect, but it'll get newbs covered on the basics.

...Well. I admire your individuality. 0_o

The regular curse combo is;

Starter > D Bug Up > j.236CD > (D Bug Down) walk forward > (D Bug Up) 6C (6CD in corner) > 5CD > (D Bug Down) 2C > (D Bug Up) j.2A > j.2CD (J.3CD in corner) > Ender.

Ender can be;

5C > Laser Super (x2)

100% Curse Reset (With 100 Meter)

Trap (Cloud + Bellbug)

Pressure (IAD J.4B) on wakeup for example)

etc

Beginner's Curse guide I made is here.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11983-CS2-Arakune-Curse-Thread

It's not perfect, but it'll get newbs covered on the basics.

Hmm, maybe I should give that combo a try. The one I posted was one of my creations after spending a long time in Training mode.

Kinda puzzled as to why for some reason I can't always IAD with Arakune =-s

I don't remember having this problem in CS1. Any help?

Hazama, Tao, Lambda, Mu, In my opinion, in that order from worst to least worst.

Work it out slowly, it's not like other IADs where you can buffer it. You have to jump and tap 66 really fast. Once you get the hang of it, try it faster.

I've been messing around with Arakune lately and think I'd like to try learning him, is there no basic combo thread anymore? I haven't really seen one around here.

Sorry, our mod hasn't updated any of the threads in which those things are relevant. Poke around here - http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11712-CS2-Arakune-Combo-Discussion-Thread

And here - http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11199-Arakune-CS2-Video-Tutorial

The first link won't have a list in the OP, but there's plenty of staple combos.

Come back and ask if you need any specifics worked out.