Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuuhaku

[CS2] The Rachel Sanctuary (Free for all, some posts NSFW) 6.0!

Zeromus is doing really well. :0

Luf should totally go to to one of these. :L

"IS THAT LUFFY OMG."

it would happen. :l

"IS THAT LUFFY OMG."

I would totally cheer for you Luf... and boo the others.

"IS THAT LUFFY OMG."

So did you finally master the lvl2 j.2c? AFTER THESE COUNTLESS HOURS WE SPENT TRAINING

i have this jerk friend who got into an argument with me today. he came up with an excuse every time i beat him that he lost because noel is the hardest character to master and rachel is pretty easy. since ive been playing this game for about a year i think i know that rachel is one of the harder characters to learn.

so what do you guys think are the hardest characters to learn and the easiest. since you guys here are pretty much rachel masters who know alot more about blazblue than i can you tell me something real clever to go back to tell that asshole!

The only way to settle that is to play each others mains. I tried Noel out and I just wasn't comfortable playing as her. Rachel was easier for me to learn and so getting the rest of her game down was easy.

If your "friend" is complaining that Noel is hard to master it's probably because her playstyle doesn't suit him/her at all. It's also a cop-out excuse for losing. Tell him to stop hiding behind those reasons and actually pay attention to what's happening in the matches.

Also, if she's so easy to master than maybe they should take up Rachel and prove how easy it is.

Personally, I think from the get-go Rachel is pretty hard to "get" how to play.

If I were to pick up BB as a new game and I'm barely trying to learn then it's like:

Pick up and play - Ragna, Jin, Tager

Need combos - Platinum, Tsubaki, Hakumen, Hazama, Makoto, Noel

Learn a few combos before playing as well as a few nuances of their game - Litchi, Bang, Taokaka, Mu, Valkenhayn

Crapload of preparation needed before playing - Arakune, Carl, Rachel

Of course, this list doesn't necessarily reflect how difficult it is to be really good with a character. Rather, it's how fast you can get a working playstyle put together and do okay in matches for the first time.

So yes. I do think Rachel is harder than Noel to master. I think this stems from the fact that Rachel has more tools to work with than Noel so there is more material to master.

suggestions:

1 - tell him to stop bitching or GTFO.

2 - tell him about 2d. this may backfire on you if he gets good with it.

3 - embarass him with someone else.

4 - embrace the hate. its not often one gets to laugh in a snobbish, egotistical way when someone starts complaining.

seriously if he wants to get better, introduce him to some noel vids, or even dustloop for some basic 2d combos.

Kirbs, because of your rape status at MAT8 you should go to PochP's house and play on 360 with me.

Man that would be doable but I'm leaving next week for 3 weeks, won't be able to touch videogames at all :(

About Noel.... oh the fucking irony.

Aw shit I missed it, haven't seen him play since CS1.

Oh, it should still be in the stream archives. Let's see...

http://www.justin.tv/offcast/b/287784157 Here, starting at about 23:00.

http://www.justin.tv/offcast/b/287792961 At about 8:30 and 1:15:00.

http://www.justin.tv/offcast/b/287797653 15:00.

Yeah there were a few mistakes I saw that cost him but that's the nature of tournaments ;D

I really like the 2A cross-under though lol but I think it's gimmicky.

thanks for all the help. i think i will learn how to use every characters basics instead of just playing with the two lolis all the time

The hat was being worn by a friend of mine. She wanted me to put it on so she could take a picture, and I said I'd only do it if I made it onto the stream. And then I did. And I'm a man of my word.

And yeah, that 2A cross-under trick is legit. VERY VERY legit. I made it up myself. I've never even seen Japan do it. And it was my secret weapon throughout the tourney. Never failed me once, except the one time against Kasuo when I tried to fake him out by NOT crossing under, which didn't work, which means it would've worked perfectly if I just crossed under like I'd been doing.

Do we need a netplay thread? Y/N.

Herp. It lives.

Jason D.- Grats on how you did at Revelations. :3 I didn't get to watch much/any of the stream because I super slept in.