Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kuuhaku

[CS2] The Rachel Sanctuary (Free for all, some posts NSFW) 6.0!

I went to a Pokemon TGC official tournament today and placed 9th which I don't think is too bad considering I was using the new rotation while everyone else was still using the old one. Best way to put it is like, 'CS1 - Rachel Vs. Bang/Litchi' every match I played, except for one. That was like CS1 - Rachel Vs. Tsubaki.

2a frog trick work on rachel thou? Since she's able to do wind+tech.

Ah yes, good point. I haven't actually played another Rachel who does that.

what 2a trick? i've been out of the rachel loop for awhile it seems. i've been told she has an option select too, but l dont know anything about anything :(

You do knock down and then dash under them as they neutral tech and 2A. It works as a cross under than anyone with a real dash can do. Rachel's situation is a bit unique as she can set up George and then do this. But... uh... yeah. That's pretty much the trick in a nutshell.

You do knock down and then dash under them as they neutral tech and 2A. It works as a cross under than anyone with a real dash can do. Rachel's situation is a bit unique as she can set up George and then do this. But... uh... yeah. That's pretty much the trick in a nutshell.

l figured that was all.

l'm also assuming this only works after 3c oki and not corner 5cc oki. not a bad trick though even if it's a universal one. its still not very well known (that or people just dont like doing it), so its worth a try during a tournament (such as ect)

l think the whole OS thing was false, but it would be cool for rachel to have one. really cool. especially if it ends up being broken :D

l figured that was all.

l'm also assuming this only works after 3c oki and not corner 5cc oki. not a bad trick though even if it's a universal one. its still not very well known (that or people just dont like doing it), so its worth a try during a tournament (such as ect)

l think the whole OS thing was false, but it would be cool for rachel to have one. really cool. especially if it ends up being broken :D

You can do it during 5CC corner oki. It just requires knocking them down and them neutral teching. I wouldn't recommend it though since it'd put you in the corner. It's a more of a trick that's useful mid screen.

For this new dash under 2a trick. Can I perform it when they neutral tech say after a regular unwinded 3c or 5cdc in the corner, because I tried on a Lambda I played earlier but Rachel just stayed on the same side. Does anyone know if it is character specific?

I don't think unwinded 3C is 2A dash-under compliant. 3C9D doesn't work on Noel. Make sure you are in deep so you switch sides. Sometimes you have to 66 harder lol.

It was easier in CS1, but they changed something about the characters to make it harder to do in CS2.

Interestedly enough, doing it on Arakune is kind of weird since his sprite is still on the ground when you're dashing under (his hitbox is not though).

Juicebox might be picking up BB:

Watching #blazblue finals. Why does this game suddenly look so fun?

#blazblue makoto and noel look like simple rushdown characters on first glance.

I wonder what the #blazblue tier discussion thread looks like. Whining about Makoto no doubt.

Why did i enjoy the BB finals more than the MvC3 ones? I must be missing something.

I think i'll try learning blazblue. I think. Makoto and Ragna look fun.

https://twitter.com/#!/JuiceboxAbel

marvel was all about how wolverine and phoenix takes everyone's money without fail. (not gonna lie though l did enjoy mvc.)

if he picks up bb he should ride dat rachel train.

Alright, this is my Rachel cross-under trick, for those who don't want to watch my Revelations matches.

First off, it only works mid-screen. You cannot go under them in the corner.

To set it up, hit them in the air with BBL. Any aerial level 2 j.2C combo, into 236B - j.C - j.C - Sword Iris - BBL, will work perfectly. While they're up there getting shocked by the super, drop George. Now back off a little, wait for them to fall, run full speed towards them, and time it so you will 2A the moment they tech.

As you're all probably aware, after getting hit by a BBL, the opponent can ONLY Emergency Tech. Which is the neutral tech you do the moment you hit the ground. They have no other tech options. If they choose to not Emergency Tech, and let themselves hit the ground, then George will hit them. It'll blue beat, and just 5CC - pumpkin, or something. You'll have plenty of wind back for oki.

Now, what makes the cross-under so awesome for Rachel is George. When they do tech, George is already going off, and in fact it's George and not Rachel that mixes them up. Meaning that she is perfectly safe to just sit there and block and see if George connected or not. Also meaning that it's completely DP safe, as well as safe from pretty much any other reversal that's not Tager's GETB. (In which case you can probably just jump or backdash, just in case. Though I haven't tested this.)

Oh yeah, and keep in mind that since George activated during their tech, he'll only do about six hits, instead of his usual eight.

Best yet, even when people get wise to this trick, you can still use it to mix them up in many ways. Humorously, I still haven't had anyone block it correctly, but here are some of my ideas for when they're ready. For one, you can simply not cross under. Just do your running 2A a little early, and you'll still be on the same side. That alone makes for a very solid 50/50 mixup. Also, you can cross-under, and then throw out 4B for an overhead. Unlike most people's cross-under overheads, George will be holding them still, so 4B's start-up is protected from mashing.

And in the worst case scenario, where they do block everything correctly, you're still getting George oki. Another mixup chance! Seriously, this move is S-tier.

sounds awesome. it's a must try. rachel needs more resets in her life :D

so guys. how do you play rachel? do you have a dominant style?

l remember in ct when l used to favor rushdown over zoning. (although the reason was fairly obvious, some people favored her zoning more). in cs everyone pretty much had to zone or die. now in cs2, both her zoning and rushdown seem to be on equal footing, so it's back to rushing down.

which i'm finding hard to do with cs1 mentality -_-

It depends. My default is to zone and rush down when you have a safe approach. I think Jason D. can have better input though as he actually plays in tournaments ;D

Hmm? Oh, I dunno. Both are pretty important, and being able to shift from one to the other will definitely keep your opponent off-guard. It's kind of hard to judge myself objectively like that, unless I go back through some videos, but I think I do zone more often. I just like to play it safe, and feel out my opponent. And of course, who you're fighting against can matter a lot. For instance, I'm going to zone a lot against Ragna, but for someone like Lambda or Mu I'm going to try to stay in their face.

And come to think of it, I should copy-pasta my last post into a better thread.

Personally, I change my style based on the character I'm fighting. Although, generally, I like to set up a few rods across the screen for area denial before trying to summon pumpkin (preferably with George out to cover me) but like you said Tempest, CS1 has done horrible things to my mindset when playing Rachel. After that, I can go on the offensive. But don't listen to me, I'm terrible at this game :)

Also, thanks Jason for the tip. That trick seems silly as hell; as if Rachel needed any better mixup XD.

TD you're going to ECT? I wanted to go but alas can't make it happen :( some friends of mine are still going though.

Yes I'm going. I probably won't be worth watching though. I mean ill try but don't expect much.